Report. Non-imm Extension..

Ok, so I finally got around to applying for an extension to my non-imm o visa. My reason, to support and maintain my Thai wife. With many thanks to this forum I compiled an impressive list of documents to support my application. We arrived at the immigration office early and got a ticket number from the information desk. I had a copy of the application form already filled out with the 'photo attached. We went into room 101 (i think) and sat down to wait our turn. Before our number came up on the screen, we were beckoned to a desk by an immigration officer. This lady then proceded to process my application. She took the application fee and sent someone else off to make a receipt. She then went through my extensive file of paperwork, discarding what she did not want. She ended up with a very skinny file which contained the following: copies of passport, bank book, letter from bank, marriage certificate, wifes i.d., wifes blue book house registration She also kept about 6 photographs from our wedding ceremony and house. Very few questions were asked of both of us and that was that. All finished in about 40 mins :D Now I have to wait until mid October for the answer. One extra slip She put in my passport says "the remaining document will be submitted 18 oct 2005" It dosent say what document that is, but the immigration officer told me she wanted to see my Bank book again on that date :o I have no idea why, maybe someone else has come across this before and can enlighten me (lop :D ????) Personally I think it may be because I am under 50 ??

Anyway, I hope this all may help someone down the track :D

Not sure of your income status but probably to make sure you still have money in the account and perhaps a pattern. This would probably be more likely on a new deposit rather than for a bank book with a history but don't know if that is your case or not.

Not sure of your income status but probably to make sure you still have money in the account and perhaps a pattern.  This would probably be more likely on a new deposit rather than for a bank book with a history but don't know if that is your case or not.

Thanks Lopburi, I was thinking along the same lines. However, the passbook I showed was started last december and has 36 transactions. Both T/T from Oz and then withdrawals to live on. I also showed her proof of 2 Oz Pensions, She said I did not need these as I had more than the required 400K in the bank. Never mind, next visit will reveal all :o

I have a Thai wife and I was issued with a one year non immigration visa and its nearly expired. What is the procedure for the renewal, is it the same as the intial application ? I always go to the Suan Plu immigration office for applications, 90 day reports and notifying them for re entry and Ive never had one problem with the officers and I get dealt with in reasonable time.

I have a Thai wife and I was issued with a one year non immigration visa and its nearly expired. What is the procedure for the renewal, is it the same as the initial application ? I always go to the Suan Plu immigration office for applications, 90 day reports and notifying them for re entry and Ive never had one problem with the officers and I get dealt with in reasonable time.

Same procedure but less photo copies. 4x6cm photo to attach to TM.7 form and 1,900 baht to file. Copies of bank passbook pages used since last time and have book for officer to check. Copies of passport ID pages and current visa pages/entry form. Copy wife ID card. Home register not likely to be required unless changes made. Letter from bank within 7 days of account balance.

I would go with copies of everything and they will take what they need - that way to do not waste anyones time. You will need to sign all copies of your documentation and wife her items and if joint you both will have to sign so you can have that ready. The most important thing is that your wife goes with you. You will again receive an under consideration extension and later the full extension.

Just remember if you have to travel an old multi re-entry permit will not be valid for that extension of stay period or later so you will need a new one.

I have a Thai wife and I was issued with a one year non immigration visa and its nearly expired. What is the procedure for the renewal, is it the same as the initial application ? I always go to the Suan Plu immigration office for applications, 90 day reports and notifying them for re entry and Ive never had one problem with the officers and I get dealt with in reasonable time.

Same procedure but less photo copies. 4x6cm photo to attach to TM.7 form and 1,900 baht to file. Copies of bank passbook pages used since last time and have book for officer to check. Copies of passport ID pages and current visa pages/entry form. Copy wife ID card. Home register not likely to be required unless changes made. Letter from bank within 7 days of account balance.

I would go with copies of everything and they will take what they need - that way to do not waste anyones time. You will need to sign all copies of your documentation and wife her items and if joint you both will have to sign so you can have that ready. The most important thing is that your wife goes with you. You will again receive an under consideration extension and later the full extension.

Just remember if you have to travel an old multi re-entry permit will not be valid for that extension of stay period or later so you will need a new one.

Thats interesting Lopburi, because Samui Immigration requires that I submit 2 copies of all documents each time. Marriage license (hasn't changed in the 16 years we've been married) Tabien Bahn (same) all pages of passport showing all thai visas (including ones from 9 years ago) and all pages of bank book. Maybe they are just fussier? Or like to have LOTS of paperwork! After getting one year extensions since 1992, my folder is huge (actually I have two now).

Thats interesting Lopburi, because Samui Immigration requires that I submit 2 copies of all documents each time. Marriage license (hasn't changed in the 16 years we've been married) Tabien Bahn (same) all pages of passport showing all thai visas (including ones from 9 years ago) and all pages of bank book. Maybe they are just fussier? Or like to have LOTS of paperwork! After getting one year extensions since 1992, my folder is huge (actually I have two now).

This is because you are not here in Bangkok. They keep a file on Samui and have to send another packet to Bangkok. And believe they keep copies of everything because (Bangkok) does not have the chance to look at originals and make the decision as to what to keep. My experience here is they only keep copies of new/changed items - but as mentioned I always carry more than needed just in case.