Transferring Money Back To Usa

Hello forum members,

I'm going to travel back to Thailand and close my Siam Commercial savings account so that I can have that amount back in the States. I've read about the requirements needed to prove that the money came originally from the USA, so I'm ready for the paperwork. What I'd like to know is what is the best, cheapest way for me to have it exchanged and either brought back as a Cashiers Check to be deposited in my local bank or have it wired? I'm not sure if Siam Commercial itself offers the best bargain after their exchange rate and bank charges.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. :jap:

I do not how much you want to send but it is not more than 1,500;000 Baht then, there is no questions asked and one is allowed to wire the money out of Thailand

This is what I was told a couple of weeks ago when I did send some money back home; I presented my Fx dorm but the teller declinedto see it and just told me the above

I should add that the money was in my account in their bank

I remember now, that someone asked the very same question a month or so ago and a link to different bank's rates had been posted and it seemed that the best bank was tthe Thai farmer regarding the cost of wiring

Edited by alyx