Any Boy Bars In Khon Kaen

Pawpcorn

Hi, guys...

Heading up to Udon Thani (Kumpahwapi, to be specific) for Songkran, so my better half can spend some time with his family...

I've got Udon Thani covered, knowing two boy bars there, but we wanted to spend an evening in Khon Kaen, also... and with it being a HUGE COLLEGE town, figured that there must be at least a COUPLE places that would be fun to visit while there...???

Anyone able to point me in the right direction, or area?

Thanks!jap.gif

Pawpcorn

There is a sauna or two in KK (or there was, my info may be out of date!) There was also a couple of pubs that drew the trendy local gay and metrosexual set but they changed often.

sent you the link to the website of The Beach Sauna KK

Edited by jdinasia

There is a sauna or two in KK (or there was, my info may be out of date!) There was also a couple of pubs that drew the trendy local gay and metrosexual set but they changed often.

Thanks, JD, very kind of you!

What area of town were the pubs in?

Take care,

Pawpcorn

Thanks, JD, very kind of you!

What area of town were the pubs in?

Take care,

Pawpcorn

Central. I would simply suggest calling The Beach and asking them where locals gather these days.

Thanks again, JD! Good info and good ideas! biggrin.gif

No problem. I am considering an expansion (company stuff) into the KK area, so let me know what you find out! I am not particularly interested in any part of the commercial scene, but would love to know what pubs/discos are pulling the gay market these days.

Pretty much any regular disco will have a gay presence- that's why there isn't much call for all-gay clubs outside Bangkok. Of course, lots of gays there.

If I'm getting the 'vibe' of the opening question correctly, OP should be aware that KK is probably not much of a city for the foreign punter. Udon Thani's specific history sent it in another direction altogether....

The Beach sauna is far from town, about 4km,in a 3 storey shophouse, and you need to take a van, bus or tuk-tuk. There used to be another sauna in the centre, in an area where there are lot of bridal shops. The complex/mall in the centre which has a Tops, may have some cruising in and around it.

The mall with the Tops is in the middle of 3 large hotels. One of the hotels has a weekend disco which was used by a lot of gays, because there were no gay bars (3 years ago, anyway). In the area around the Sofitel, there a many 'farang' bars, but usually used by non-gays and the local farang drunks. The hotel with the 'disco' was one of the others, not the Sofitel. The Princess?

I am sure that somebody will know more details than I do. My memories are 3 yrs old. If there is an update, pls post it here. The gay websites may show smthg.

Re Udon bars, Mr. Tong's bar used to be straight but gay-owned, so a lot of guys got in there to mingle. I heard that there was a working-boy (!) bar in the same central area, but I could never find it. Again, all this may have changed. The Robinson central mall in Udon used to have a lot of mall cruising, but I hear that there is now a bigger mall 5 minutes away. I was cruised many times in what was the Robinsons mall.

Eddy.

could you tell me where the 2 boy bars are in udon thani?

thanx rick

Excerpt from my blog - to date November 2010

Boyzone Bar is one of the two gay bars left in Udon Thani. The location is not very convenient as it is quite far from the center and walking there would be at least a thirty minutes chore. Boyzone has just changed its location and some tuk tuk seem not to know the new place. They have a website which gives a good idea of what the boys there look like ( go to http://www.theboyzone-udon.com/home ). The exact location is on PhornPhisai Road, west of the north end of Thanon Adunyadet, exacty between Adunyadet Soi 7 and Pracha Uthit Road intersections. Moreover the owner is a cute young thai who has a very pleasant attitude and speaks excellent english.

To my great disappointment, the old Boys Boys Bar closed four or five months ago ; they had moved to a new location near the Srisuk Road Post Office (same soi as Bandung Spa), and it is a pity they closed, as they had more of the boys next door type.

The third bar is City Man on the south part of Adunyadet Road, between the Fountain Circle and what the locals call the Haayaek Wunwai (which translates approximately as a crossing with five roads converging which is a nightmare). They have four or five boys, all very male, but their policy is not very fair ; if you invite a boy (or if they invite him for you), they will add beers as long as you do not stop them so that you have to be on your guards if you want to keep in control of the tab and your alcohol consumption.