Burning Vcd Movies With Nero

bonsaimax

The average movie would not fit into a 700MB disc if burned as a VCD. Is it possible to burn a movie onto 2 discs using NERO v.6 without affecting continuity after the first disc is burned.

Shouldn't NERO ask for a second blank disc after the first one is burned?

Any ideas? Cheers!!!

The average movie would not fit into a 700MB disc if burned as a VCD. Is it possible to burn a movie onto 2 discs using NERO v.6 without affecting continuity after the first disc is burned.

Any ideas? Cheers!!!

When you run Nero and open the file you will see the bar indicating the amount of CD space it will take and if it is too big. If so use kringle's method or other program that will split the video file. Nero will not split the file. Needs a program that will reencode it after splitting to put the headers/tailers back into position.

You can also use TMPGenc (free version) that allows you to split the file and produce a VCD compatible output file(s). It does take a long time to do the conversion so you need patience.

Edited by tywais

Any ideas? Cheers!!!

ive burned avi's to video cd format using nero 6 but

the avi's ive use usually split in 2 already for me. there is a part 1 and 2.

so im not much help here.

which format are you starting with?

a good video editor will be able to split avi's mpg's etc, in half. that would seem to

be the easiest.

you could also pick up a dvd burner for the computer. they're really coming down

in price.

I'm starting with mpeg files.

thanks for all your suggestions though. i'll certainly give it a shot.

Cheers!

I usually burn DVDs but my wife wanted a VCD copy made of TYG yesterday. TMPGEnc worked very well doing it. It will accept most video formats (avi, mpeg, etc). Use the project wizard. At one point you will have the option to set the frame range. Just set it to 0-50% encode to VCD then run again starting at the 50% point to the 100%, encode the 2nd CD and then use Nero's VCD function to burn the two CDs.

hi

there is no rules as some encoder use xvid, some divx, some use virtualdub, TMPGEnc, some use ffshow as a default encoder and fourcc xvid ...

do you see the mess?

some avi files I had encoded in xvid can't be played by the divx player coz of some weird stuff :D

mpeg are rather big by default, as many suggest, get a "FREE"(list pined on top of here) program to split your file in 2 pieces, and then use nero ...

one of the solution is also to re-encode it in AVI (divx or xvid) and read it as is even in the dvd player I guess that you have near the tv :o

or even better, buy a dvd burner but be aware that you can't burn and watch mpeg(vcd format) on a home player(on a dvd), only the computer will do it!

but you can put all movies in dvd format using nero vision, it makes a good job.

also, check the source of the video ...

some coming from internet are rather of a bad quality :D

francois

• 2 weeks later...
Use "Easy Video Splitter" (v2.01 version) program and you won't have problems.

Good answers so far. Easy Video Splitter works well, split into two (each smaller than 700 Mb) and burn. You mention they are mpegs already. I assume you mean Mpeg 1, in which case you are talking VCD or low quality to DVD (with a lot of wasted space). If they are Mpeg 2, you have good quality video and would tell you to burn to DVD.

Back to the splitting, most of the other suggestions were also good tool, but free tools, and their algorithms and processing is slow. If you live in Thailand go buy some pirated tools at Panthip, Fortune. I will allow you to do what you want now and when you get better video input to do everything you might want to do in the future with DVD single layer or dual layer. I have used a few of them: Pinnacle 8/9. good for editing, absolutely sucks for rendering and burning. Sony Las Vegas and DVD Architect, very good good editing, good rendering algorithm from AVI to MPEG2 and fast. I have had some questionable burns that don't play on all DVD players, so I just prep the DVD's and then burn with Nero--so far 100% compatibility with all players using DVD-R (regardless of whether the players said they could play DVD-R or not). I am now working on my learning curve with Adobe Premiere and Encore, Adobe SW always seems complex to use for me. Don't have an opinion yet, because of learning curve--I would hope that for the true price you are getting a lot more