Govt To Promote Thailand As Asia's Hub For Creative Businesses

webfact

"... Creative businesses contributed a total 150 billion US dollars to the Thai economy last year."

More wild statistics - give us a breakdown - what rubbish. Define each of the industries and explain what each one contributed or brought in financially. w00t.gif

Considering the World Bank quotes Thailand's GDP for 2010 at around USD260Bn (http://www.tradingec...aspx?Symbol=THB) this means creative industries account for about 60%. Hmmm.... so why bother with all else? And spending another 300M Baht to set up a panel? cheesy.gif

Only if the creativity work are done by people other than Thai, like Chinese. Asa teacher i do not see any creativity that a Thai is able to achieve.Tthey onlydo minimum to get by

Sweet Jesus, I have to take off my diplomatic hat for a minute. Maybe you could be a more inspiring teacher instead of quitting on them with a racist view...

One of the problems faced by Thai people is that the Chinese Thai dominate. The creative industry includes soap operas produced to act as opium for the masses, a distraction from productive activity which is bad enough but also part of the wider practice of propagating the caste system. It's absolutely disgusting what the Chinese Thai are doing, white media celebrities are selected from music to newsreaders so that darker-skinned Thai people are brainwashed into feeling like children of a lesser God. The caste propaganda machine is so effective that young women from the country feel compelled to buy creams to whiten their skin. File that under "cruel and unusual treatment". Profoundly unjust.

And please don't try to say "farang no understand Thai culture", have a google for Adolf Hitler and his ideas about a blue-eyed blonde-haired master race. We understand that strain of Chinese thinking very well indeed. I have Chinese relatives, no Thai relatives, so by default I started out with a positive disposition to Chinese. I have seen how Chinese families in another country stick together and largely exclude others especially when it comes to the family business, it didn't make a difference in my home country but having seen what the Chinese Thai have done in Thailand, sorry, that's just unforgivable.

All the top jobs are reserved for hi-so Chinese Thai, it's clear why the rest of the people aren't brimming with ambition, and it's no mistake either I'll wager, tum tum ambition seems to be systematically discouraged. I could say a lot more but to focus on solutions, the racism has to stop, the Chinese Thai have to start engaging with the wider community instead of parasiting off them. Chinese Thai have a lot to teach other Thais like work ethic and financial wisdom, and would be wise to take a long view - look around the world at how the internet has enabled popular uprisings, it's not a question of if, but when the majority can exert themselves in Thailand. At that time, it would be better if Chinese Thai had proven to be part of the solution, not part of the problem. /rant