Alcohol Age Limit In Thailand

nickwood7

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't care about going to clubs but only want to drink then don't worry. There are places in Bangkok where you can hire a companion for the day who will show you the sites and will be old enought to pop into any store and buy beer for both of you...and...if your lucky your companion will tuck you in a night and tell you a great bedtime story!!!

I think the legal age for buying drink is 18, but you have to be 20 yrs' old to enter an "entertainment venue".....but only 18 to work there.

My local police chief, next door neighbour, says this is correct.

There is no age limit if you wish to drink alcohol in other than an entertainment venue as long as you don't purchase it. From my experience bars would be OK, discos risky as they are often raided for drugs. From my limited use of discos a 15 year old farang boy would stand out like a sore thumb, as most farangs are over 50. :o

If you don't care about going to clubs but only want to drink then don't worry.  There are places in Bangkok where you can hire a companion for the day who will show you the sites and will be old enought to pop into any store and buy beer for both of you...and...if your lucky your companion will tuck you in a night and tell you a great bedtime story!!!

Yes and don't forget Nick, the age of consent for males is 15 in Thailand, but you'd have to find an older lady for that bedtime story. Just explaining the law of course, don't tell your dad. :o

Anyone who occasionally (or frequently) visits the bar areas will know how excited bar girls get when a (very) young man/boy walks in to a bar to participate in the fun.

Hugs, kisses and oooh aaaah's all around.

You will go home covered in lipstick and fingerprints.

I'd love to turn back the hands of time and start over again. :o

If you don't care about going to clubs but only want to drink then don't worry.  There are places in Bangkok where you can hire a companion for the day who will show you the sites and will be old enought to pop into any store and buy beer for both of you...and...if your lucky your companion will tuck you in a night and tell you a great bedtime story!!!

Yes and don't forget Nick, the age of consent for males is 15 in Thailand, but you'd have to find an older lady for that bedtime story. Just explaining the law of course, don't tell your dad. :o

hehehe i wont :D

Anyone who occasionally (or frequently) visits the bar areas will know how excited bar girls get when a (very) young man/boy walks in to a bar to participate in the fun.

Hugs, kisses and oooh aaaah's all around.

You will go home covered in lipstick and fingerprints.

I'd love to turn back the hands of time and start over again.  :D

im starting to like Thailand already :D

o and im not realy botherd that much about clubs, just the bars i like

I believe its 20 to buy but no limit to consume. Entry to 'entertainment' venues is restriced to 20 years, although the exact meaning of an 'entertainment venue' is not clearly defined.

You MAY want to have a look at this thread:-

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39202&hl=

Although the exact circumstances are unclear (like was this a bar, pub, disco etc) it's just worth bearing in mind.

You WILL have a great time (my 19 year old son did, poor thing learnt a LOT more in a month here than in the previous 18 years :o ).

Edited by Crossy

I believe its 20 to buy but no limit to consume. Entry to 'entertainment' venues is restriced to 20 years, although the exact meaning of an 'entertainment venue' is not clearly defined.

You WILL have a great time (my 19 year old son did, poor thing learnt a LOT more in a month here than in the previous 18 years :o ).

It states 18 years old to buy alcohol in every 7-11 I've come across, and also in Tesco/Lotus.

Are we off topic here?

Are we discussing alcohol age or

Age of concent?

/Admin

I thought we were establishing who is going to buy the first round george.

Master Nick .....get all your class at college/school to join Thai Visa. Its funny here, they'll enjoy it.

LOL :D

If Master Nick married Ice Maiden's 17 year old Step Mother, he'd become her Step Father.

:D that would make NIck my future father in law.

Oops I wrote it.

Not your mistress, but maybe your part time lover.

:o:D:D

Hello Nickwood7 -

I think that you just might be one of the youngest guys to visit Thailand. Hope your parents are coming to LOS with you. As someone stated earlier, you most definitely would be noticed anywhere you go because most farang males are a lot older than you.

My first trip to Thailand occured when I was a mere 45 years old.

I would avoid drinking at all on your first trip. Best to have all your faculties with you to avoid any problems.

Best of luck to you on your trip.