Where Is There Justice In Thailand

starcad

My Friend who inadvertently parked his bike in front of a bar in Soi Binterbarn was bashed senseless by a group of Thais last week leaving him with Broken nose, Black eyes, cracked ribs, bumps & bruises all over. After spending over 10,000 baht on medical bills & even when getting CCTV footage showing CLEARLY who perpetrated the offense NOTHING is Done by the Police.. Same story again.. If it were a Thai Bashed by Foreigners they would be in the Monkey House & or paying a high price to the Thais. Is it any wonder people are avoiding Thailand when this sort of thing is consistently occurring. Just remember YOU WILL NEVER GET JUSTICE here unless you are Thai... Dont even bother to try because you will only get more grief & pain.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your first post. Did you inadvertently leave out any facts about this story. Should we just take your word that if one parks in the wrong spot , a pack of wild dogs will attack them. I like to say that NO ONE deserves to be beaten senseless, but then again I have tried to beat some sense into a few people in my life.

Again welcome and by all means avoid posting stories where there are two sides, many members here will argue with a STOP sign for 45 minutes if given a chance.

Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your first post. Did you inadvertently leave out any facts about this story. Should we just take your word that if one parks in the wrong spot , a pack of wild dogs will attack them. I like to say that NO ONE deserves to be beaten senseless, but then again I have tried to beat some sense into a few people in my life.

Again welcome and by all means avoid posting stories where there are two sides, many members here will argue with a STOP sign for 45 minutes if given a chance.

I will be posting the CCTV footage on You Tube ( I will post the link here) & you can decide for yourself & although there was a verbal exchange this guy was Set upon by Rabid Dogs, Beaten & King hit from behind.. The CCTV CLEARLY shows the perpetrators and the Police do NOTHING...

You obviously are a mug if your trying to defend these occurrences that happen all to often by Thai cowards.I wish I lived in your world of little fluffy clouds.

I will be posting the CCTV footage on You Tube ( I will post the link here) & you can decide for yourself & although there was a verbal exchange this guy was Set upon by Rabid Dogs, Beaten & King hit from behind.. The CCTV CLEARLY shows the perpetrators and the Police do NOTHING...

NOW your talking ... lets bring on the video.. we also love video's here.... BTW is Rabid Dogs an official name of a group of thugs ?

You obviously are a mug if your trying to defend these occurrences that happen all to often by Thai cowards.I wish I lived in your world of little fluffy clouds.

Not trying to defend anyone. is it your world that just blindly accuses, prosecutes, and hang anyone that has a finger pointed at them?

Not trying to defend anyone. is it your world that just blindly accuses, prosecutes, and hang anyone that has a finger pointed at them?

Blindly. He has offered the CCTV footage.

What is blind about that?

I've been in bintabaht a hell of a lot, sometimes so drunk I don't remember anything, I also got into a scuffle with a well know scumbag taxi driver / darts player. All the local thai guys (quite a few I know well) did was break it up and say "Sam go home, mal mak mak" . So I'd like to know what your friend said, this isn't Jomtien, and parking a bike in someone elses spot doesn't grant you a beating. Mouthing off and being abussive/threatening does.

I'd like to see the CCTV but all it shows is a handy thai gang rape not the actual story. BUT POST ALREADY.

Blindly. He has offered the CCTV footage.

What is blind about that?

Doc50 when the OP was made the CCTV was mentioned but not offered... if you are using TV as your primary source of news please read all the post ,and also attend all the meetings ...

Here is the link CCTV

youtube.com/watch?v=Ks1YrgTOb4Y

for some reason when I put the www in front I cant post it so Obviously you need to do this.

If your faint hearted dont watch this because it is terrible

Edited by starcad

Yep he got beat down, but because of his parking skills..

I see a Thai man walking up the street.. The BG points your pal out and it is on... He appears to have been beat down by the girls more than anything.. Still all and all a horrific ass whoopin...

OK what I meant to say... It is clear that there is no other side to this story.... I hope your pal tries to remember the White Zone is for Loading and Unloading of passengers .. The RED Zone is for "Plastic Chair" beat downs...

The way those girls came on to him with vengeance, he must have said some hurtful words to them.

The CCTV leading up to this shows the same "Girl" pushing another "Girl" in front of the bar... I think more so that the "Girl" was possibly Yabba Filled or Phyco..

I think the questions that should be asked and answered are:

What would happen if this happened in "Your" Country?

Who would search for CCTV footage & investigate the offense, You or the authorities?

Would the perpetrators already have been arrested?

Would the Media report this event (in your country)?

(in my Country) If CCTV footage like this came to light there would be an outrage in the press & in society & those responsible for the attack & for the authorities inaction would be punished.

I`m not knocking Thailand, I choose to live here and I love having the opportunity to be a "Guest": in this "mainly Beautiful country", but I think as long as there is such clear bias against Foreigners by authorities it can never prosper & shows also how Dangerous it can be.

Edited by starcad

Who would search for CCTV footage & investigate the offense, You or the authorities?

(in my Country) If CCTV footage like this came to light there would be an outrage in the press & in society & those responsible for the attack & for the authorities inaction would be punished.

I`m not knocking Thailand, I choose to live here and I love having the opportunity to be a "Guest": in this "mainly Beautiful country", but I think as long as there is such clear bias against Foreigners by authorities it can never prosper & shows also how Dangerous it can be.

I have been to this area hundreds of times as I have been to rougher areas during my past 8 years living full time in Thailand. I have never been in a dangerous situation in these areas. Those involved in conflicts with Thais, usually have provoked them to happen.

Watching the vid clip, it seems your friend and a BG had an issue, possibly from previous relationship, and she called for assistance on this occasion. The assister is probably a security guy, and thus a friend of the police as they help police on numerous occasions. If this happend on private property(dont know if this Soi is private or Tessabaan), their actions may be legal

To make anything happen, a visit to Policestation bringing his lawyer and witnesses is needed. Witnesses will need to explain the relationship between the involved and what actually happend

I have been to this area hundreds of times as I have been to rougher areas during my past 8 years living full time in Thailand. I have never been in a dangerous situation in these areas. Those involved in conflicts with Thais, usually have provoked them to happen.

Watching the vid clip, it seems your friend and a BG had an issue, possibly from previous relationship, and she called for assistance on this occasion. The assister is probably a security guy, and thus a friend of the police as they help police on numerous occasions. If this happend on private property(dont know if this Soi is private or Tessabaan), their actions may be legal

To make anything happen, a visit to Policestation bringing his lawyer and witnesses is needed. Witnesses will need to explain the relationship between the involved and what actually happend

As said previously the Guy Had NEVER SEEN this BG before and therefore your assumptions are incorrect.

As said previously the Guy Had NEVER SEEN this BG before and therefore your assumptions are incorrect.

Please read again. I didnt say he had seen her before, I said "possibly from previous relationship".

On a note, areas like this is not a place to dispute bar peoples parking regulations, or talk shit to Thais. No matter what they work.

IMHE a fist fight is always started following a provocation. Politely behaving people never end up like this. Polite according to Thai culture.

Even tho most working this Soi are not from Hua Hin, they are Thais. Thais do not like to loose face or be provoked. Especially in BG areas.

and for others to avoid such situation, parking in front of one business to give your business to the neighbor is considered inpolite all over Thailand. When such parking behavior is pointed out by the offended, and the foreigner replyes with "f-ck off", a broken nose could be next

Whatever he did not say I am glad they did not have metal chairs there.. How is your doing now BTW.

Yes very glad for that & my mate is still licking his wounds & feeling very sore, but recovering.

Thanks for your Concern & Input.

Very hard to tell from that video what happened beforehand. Also hard to tell if he has just arrived or is getting ready to leave. That makes it hard to make any real judgement.

Fom my time in Thailand I have never seen a Thai launch an unprovoked attack. They have either been or feel as if they have been insulted in some way, either verbally or physically.

I see the Farang looking as if he is about to leave, not just arriving. I see the Thai man walking up the street and then launching into the initial attack on this CCTV coverage, but I do find it hard to see why he would do so as a completely unprovoked attack. An attack that is vicious. Yes, the woman does point him out. But why?

Too many unanswered questions. And the CCTV coverage has a blur on it in the top where the assault is taking place plus no earlier coverage of the Farang 'just arriving'.

Without the rest of the coverage I doubt we will know the whole truth. And that is the problem with incidents like this.

This is atrocious ... plain and simple .. because a farrung parked in the wrong place ... broken ribs, hospital, give me a break - I've seen the footage and justice COULD easily be done.

The guy almost lost his LIFE - don't just treat it like "oh, that's normal, just be careful in the future" ... are you serious !!!!?

Ahh, right, it acually IS the Thai way ... then your comments make sense ... so what if I point my feet at Buddha that makes it OK for a pack of Thais to break my bones - screw that .

Yeah and this is exactly why we're not visiting this year - not just this but the general hatred Thai's seem to have internally and towards visitors ... clearly illustrated if one parks for a few minutes in the wrong place ...

Actually NOT just white people - all people - and particularly disrespectful of each other - it's strange but I've almost reached the conclusion that Buddhism is counter-society; but that's another thread entirely...

Get well soon mate.

I have spent many a night down the bintabaht and never had any problems. You do not get the crap beaten out of you there for just simply parking your bike. Sorry but if your mate is saying that is what happened he is full of crap. The fact he did get a good beating says he did a lot more than park a bike.There is a lot more to this than is being said.