Insurance For Thailand & Visa Question

JusticeFT96

Hello there,

Well I am about to come back to thailand for another 7 months later this month and I am wondering what everyone does for insurance for things like the hospital etc?

Last time I chose a back packer insurance scheme that lasted 6 months but I was wondering if there were any other options.

I will most likely be living out in thailand for a long time now also as I have a baby on the way, does this mean every 7 months I have to go home and get a new visa or can I go somewhere else close by and get a new one?

Very worried that in 7 months when the baby will be due I will have to go home to get a new visa and miss out on the most important day of my life :(

If your married and you have 400.0000 in the bank you can get a 1 year visa. If you are married and you don't have the 400.0000 you can get a 90 day visa (sure of the first not 100% sure of the last).

You will have to get an insurance here and that can be quite costly.

If your married and you have 400.0000 in the bank you can get a 1 year visa. If you are married and you don't have the 400.0000 you can get a 90 day visa (sure of the first not 100% sure of the last).

How much are we talking costly wise for a year premium?

How much are we talking costly wise for a year premium?

Depends on coverage.. ask it in the insurance part of the forum they know more.

There is no simple way of answering your question of premiums without knowing your personal information and needs. There are several 'levels' of cover from many insurance companies i.e. should you want to use the Private/International hospitals in Thailand then one needs the cover of 'Premium' but if one is happy with the Government type of hospitals then the 'Basic' cover is sufficient.

As a Thai Visa member you can use the services of the Thai Visa Brokerage for information and quotes by going HERE

There is no simple way of answering your question of premiums without knowing your personal information and needs. There are several 'levels' of cover from many insurance companies i.e. should you want to use the Private/International hospitals in Thailand then one needs the cover of 'Premium' but if one is happy with the Government type of hospitals then the 'Basic' cover is sufficient.

As a Thai Visa member you can use the services of the Thai Visa Brokerage for information and quotes by going HERE

Thank you, I am just worried that if I have an accident on a bike or something that I would be looked after in the nice hospitals, I recently went to one of the government ones to see my gfs brother and I have to say I would have rather been left at the side of the road. I will check out the link you gave me now, thank you

I have just looked and the form is rather confusing for me, all I want is if I fall sick or have an accident in Thailand I can go to a hospital without any worries, also maybe some life insurance as I now have a baby on the way. Can you offer me any advice via here or pm what sections I need to fill out?

Cheers

I have just looked and the form is rather confusing for me, all I want is if I fall sick or have an accident in Thailand I can go to a hospital without any worries, also maybe some life insurance as I now have a baby on the way. Can you offer me any advice via here or pm what sections I need to fill out?

Cheers

Most happy to offer advice after asking a few personal questions. Please feel free to PM to Thai Visa Insurance and we shall respond with the various solutions.