Condo/apt For 5,000 - 9,000

phuketpaddy

Hello,

I was looking for a condo for around 5,000 - 9000 per month in Phuket. Im not too fussy as long as it has air conditioning but the most important thing is that the condo has broadband access. I want to move for around 2-3 months and if i can get broadband access sorted quickly i might be able to prolong my stay because i can do some freelance web design and earn some money. The only thing is id prefer not to have to wait too long to have the internet access installed because the longer i leave it the less i can earn. Would broadband take long to get installed or does anyone know of condos that have them pre installed. I would be willing to put up with unreliable access as long as its not on a regular basis.

Lastly, i dont want to live cheap but i dont mind drinking local beer in Thai bars to save money and dont mind eating from stalls. With that in mind what do you think i should be prepared to spend per month not including the condo on food and living. I will be living with a thai girl maybe going for a few pints every weekend and maybe the odd time during the week, eating from noodles stalls mostly but from reasonably priced retaurants also and doing any travelling by bus. Other than that i wont be spending a whole lot, just planning to stretch my money out as long as possible while having a good time.

So to summarise my questions:

1) Whats the chances of a condo for around the 4,000 - 7,000?

2) Whats the average rates for electricity for an a/c condo?

3) What can i expect to pay for broadband?

4) What can i expect to pay for living costs for a thai girl and myself per month, based on a quiet lifestyle and she's not high maintenance?

Hope people from Phuket can share their views. I plan to go there in January

Hello,

I was looking for a condo for around 5,000 - 9000 per month in Phuket. Im not too fussy as long as it has air conditioning but the most important thing is that the condo has broadband access. I want to move for around 2-3 months and if i can get broadband access sorted quickly i might be able to prolong my stay because i can do some freelance web design and earn some money. The only thing is id prefer not to have to wait too long to have the internet access installed because the longer i leave it the less i can earn. Would broadband take long to get installed or does anyone know of condos that have them pre installed. I would be willing to put up with unreliable access as long as its not on a regular basis.

Lastly, i dont want to live cheap but i dont mind drinking local beer in Thai bars to save money and dont mind eating from stalls. With that in mind what do you think i should be prepared to spend per month not including the condo on food and living. I will be living with a thai girl maybe going for a few pints every weekend and maybe the odd time during the week, eating from noodles stalls mostly but from reasonably priced retaurants also and doing any travelling by bus. Other than that i wont be spending a whole lot, just planning to stretch my money out as long as possible while having a good time.

4) What can i expect to pay for living costs for a thai girl and myself per month, based on a quiet lifestyle and she's not high maintenance?

1) In January.... slim, with internet your chances will be somewhere nearer to NO CHANCE !

2) 5 baht per unit, if your careful (only use at night on low) 1,000 baht per month.

3) More than your budget for the rental on your condo.

4) Depends how much she wants from you !!

Have you been to Phuket before ?

:o

Your budget is not looking healthy for a Patong lifestyle..

Bar girls spend 4k on a room... Your looking at 6 - 8 min for a room on the back edges of town.. Apartments usually 10 - 15 at that time of year.. Dont expect internet or phone line at that kind of money.. Long stayers can beat the prices I just mentioned but not a couple of months in Jan IMHO..

Look at 40k per month for basic living in Patong living calmly and not being mad.. Double that to be out in the bars...

Hello,

1) Air con 4k-7k ?!?!...NO Chance Between 10k and 15k a month

2) 1k plus

3) I would guess about 4k - 6k.

4) It depends what you will be paying this thai girl and if its nothing then I would imagine she will be wanting to live a higher quality of life than she usually does. Bottom line IMHO between 40k and 50k a month.

I use to stay in a nice appartment with air con and phone line for 15k a month but its hard to find places with phone lines. Expect to pay a deposit of about 1 month money and some will try and charge you for water/cable tv.