Nylon Or Rubber Tyres On A Fino.

Considering the weight of the Fino? It makes absolutely no difference at all.

Go with the 'nylon-belted'.

Or better still..........Google is your Friend. :)

I would suggest go with the steel belted, far less punctures.

Considering the weight of the Fino? It makes absolutely no difference at all.

Go with the 'nylon-belted'.

Or better still..........Google is your Friend. :)

That is something that did not occur to me. And punctures do seem part of life here. Considering the cost of repairs for a new tube each time and also the inconvenience, this seems a very good reason for havind the steel belted tyres.

nice one :)

See if you can find kevlar belted motorcycle tires in your specification range. I haven't heard of steel belted motorcycle tires in this day and age. Not that there isn't any, I just haven't heard of them in my circles. Kevlar / Aramid belted tires is what I am used to using.

Edited by Garry

Out of interest how many kms did you get out of the tyres you are replacing?

I'd estimate an average of 1 puncture every 8 weeks, they seem to take turns . . . front . . . rear and so on

I put a new pair of tyres on at 13,000km - replacing the originals.

Bike not often used for 10-minute rides, 52km for an ATM, 94km to a half-decent shopping centre, 180 to Immigration (round trip figures); longest single ride was from Sa Kaeo down to Chanthaburi and up to Rayong stopping only for fuel/coffee and pee!

Great little bikes, never let us down. 19,100km now.

Out of interest how many kms did you get out of the tyres you are replacing?

I'd estimate an average of 1 puncture every 8 weeks, they seem to take turns . . . front . . . rear and so on

I put a new pair of tyres on at 13,000km - replacing the originals.

Bike not often used for 10-minute rides, 52km for an ATM, 94km to a half-decent shopping centre, 180 to Immigration (round trip figures); longest single ride was from Sa Kaeo down to Chanthaburi and up to Rayong stopping only for fuel/coffee and pee!

Great little bikes, never let us down. 19,100km now.

For me I believe an average of 1 puncture every 5 weeks or so. Crazy thing is all my punctures have been within 1 km of home. .But at times when the bike repair shops are closed. I have to admit there is a lot of debris on these local roads too and that cannot help. I use the bike every day on short trips of 10 km or less. Usually to 7/11, Tesco or down to the beach. 2,300 kms on the clock since I bought this one last August.

Maybe no steel belted tyres available? I'll have to look and see what is available and at what price. Has to be better than the aggro of punctures.

when we lived in Phuket i think about one puncture every 3-4 weeks, as you say - too much debris on the roadsides

Little story - because I can - twice we went to Tesco in Phuket on the bike, both times came out to find the front tyre flat. Conspiracy? Place nearby fixed promptly, these things happen. A few weeks later we had a call from our neighbour, laughing away saying he was at Tesco and you guessed it - flat front tyre.

If you are happy with the performance of the ones you have like grip and longevity just replace them with what you have. If you would like something better, have a cruise around and stop at bike shops and see what is available. Then go home and do some surfing to find out what ones you prefer.

Fino tyres are 14 Inch but quite skinny so choice maybe limited. I have seen some Fino's in BKK with wider solid centre alloy wheels and wider tyres.

when we lived in Phuket i think about one puncture every 3-4 weeks, as you say - too much debris on the roadsides

Little story - because I can - twice we went to Tesco in Phuket on the bike, both times came out to find the front tyre flat. Conspiracy? Place nearby fixed promptly, these things happen. A few weeks later we had a call from our neighbour, laughing away saying he was at Tesco and you guessed it - flat front tyre.

It is a conspiracy. Those puncture repair men following us everywhere to earn a few Baht more. I have antennae attached to the foil cap on my head and it bleeps like crazy when one of those craft puncture repair men violate my tyres ..... honest. :ph34r: