An Interlude In Suan Buak Hat Where It Seemed ...

orang37

Happy Songkraan !

pigeons at suan buak hat

the piebalds, a rare albino, common dull-dark blue-greys with bright red feet,

fly back, land again, on this pipe-hemi-circle on a concrete platform near the

old man moving in tai chi quan's circular-motions, learned forty years before:

wonder if his smooth-slowness, or obvious age, help the pigeons forget him

the catfish, at first, swarm close-in to the platform's edges, roiling water near

this slow-motion-man; soon leave when no morsels are tossed in the waters:

while in the mind in a body whose hands are now moving in repeated circles,

there's a ripple in time's water: a transparent moment is a window in memory:

he's back, now, in the hot-hall, in San Francisco's YWCA, while Master Choy

continues doing 'clouds-hands,' while arguing loudly, in rapid-fire Cantonese,

with his wife over: well, the students couldn't understand it, even if translated:

we're counter-culture driftwood: our planes, circling in cloud nine, never land

moment's roller-coaster abruptly stops, now, back in the present: his circling

also stops: he's wondering why the pigeons, so close to him, stopped cooing

Suan Buak Hat Park, Chiang Mai

Happy Songkran Orang!

This is one of the most refreshing posts in a long time.

I admire Orang's writings for it's uniqueness and style, illuminating the rather conservative Chiang Mai forum.

Keep it up Orang !!

Edited by Orita

Very gratifying. Liked every transition.

Time's water, if it is somewhat opaque, is thinning for me in general. To balance out those moments when I find myself having momentarily forgotten #4 on the shopping list or what is it that brings me to this room to retrieve, something or another opens that window in time and lets in this or that from long ago. A lot of music, particularly.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Rasseru,

The link you posted to a YouTube video is to a page that rotates content, so the "Pere Ubu" atrocity (a musical (?) group we had been fortunate to never experience before) is not, now, likely to be on that page.

But, if you want to imagine what "Oingo Boingo" might have been like if they were all od'd on quaaludes just after electro-convulsive shock-therapy, you can easily find it, by just going to the YouTube homepage, and doing a search on the obvious.

If you do happen to watch more than a few seconds of "Birdies," and are paralyzed and blinded, as if hit between the eyes with spitting-cobra-spew, unable to click the stop button, well: you have been warned.

We humbly suggest, as an "emotionally corrective" experience for watching even a few seconds of that video:

The thought occurs to us there should be an alternate ending to that sonnet, suitable for you and Khun CobraSnakeNeckTie, and perhaps others; how about:

moment's roller-coaster abruptly stops, now, back in the present: his circling

also stops: he wonders if the pigeons so very close to him shat more or less

:)

best, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

and only a stones throw from the mental hospital too

Incomprehension = an inability to understand

If someone were to present string theory to me and I did not understand it, I would not go out of my way to insult the author, I hope.

M Rasseru,

I am shocked, shocked, that someone as sophisticated about food and drink should associate that poem with avant garde material. It's perfectly 20th century in its character, in fact, and in sum represents all but Japanese quiet moments often found in a different poetical form - hardly an occasion to introduce dissonance, IMAO.

Perhaps we're all too close to water fighting to think with cool deliberation? I warn you fellows that if conflict continues about a perfectly peaceful poem, I shall introduce my doggerel about the several bins of water guns at Carrefour.B)

Or, slow down, read it with greater focus, be there and all will be made clear.

Edited by CMX

I admire Orang's writings for it's uniqueness and style, illuminating the rather conservative Chiang Mai forum.

Yes, perhaps deliverers of that famed ThaiBev tipple would consider using it as a slogan for the 'three changs for 100 baht' deal so that you, too, might achieve a similar state of delirium. :P