Friends

eirikur3

Hi i have lived here some years, but i have chosen to live among thais (in my condo) coz i wanted to learn thai languge here, how ever i also need to speak english, danish and more, need some who understand me and likewise . but i need friends!!! not a turist bud one but someone i can talk with have acictives with, or just a cup of coffe, i like to play my guitar so thats good, but days go by with out i can talk with someone that understand me, and me him/her. what do you guys do to make the day shorter?

I dont like golf hehe. but beach is good and many other things, someone feel like me ?

Erik

Edited by eirikur3

I still have my work, and when im not working i go out fishing a lot with some foreign friends. I also work out a lot but I usually do that at my home alone. Too far to go to Cali Wow even though im a life time member there.

You just have to find some hobbies. I am like you i need to speak English sometimes. But that happens when i go fishing.

I still have my work, and when im not working i go out fishing a lot with some foreign friends. I also work out a lot but I usually do that at my home alone. Too far to go to Cali Wow even though im a life time member there.

You just have to find some hobbies. I am like you i need to speak English sometimes. But that happens when i go fishing.

Sir may i ask where you go fishing, (sounds interessing)

Erik

Maybe you can start by telling us where you live in Thailand?

I live just outside of Bangkok in a condo , mostly Thais here.

Lots of activities for expats in Bangkok , but I prefer Thai company most of the time.

Erik

I fish in and around Bagnkok. Shadow lake,(puttamon sai 2) Bungsamran (navamin 42). There are enough foreigners that like it too. You will soon make friends there.

Is there cake?

I am not interested unless there is cake.

Cake is a good foundation for a lasting friendship.

Ah in my opinion friendships start out of shared interests. Not always of course but its more common for 2 bar fly's to become friends then a bar fly and a tee to-taller. I made some friends during fishing and some acquaintances. Depends on the person but in general are people fishing easy to help others out and have some chit chat.

doggie888888' timestamp='1302665476' post='4353512']

'geriatrickid' timestamp='1302664119' post='4353480']

Is there cake?

You bake, I eat...can I be your friend? :whistling:

I have a freshly baked cake my wife got up early to bake before she left to go to her village and enjoy new years with her family , have a visitor coming later to enjoy it with me , he came from BKK to avoid the slaughtering/watering .Shame you are so far away , you could have come to my place to enjoy , enjoy . Happy new year .

Is there cake?

Ah in my opinion friendships start out of shared interests. Not always of course but its more common for 2 bar fly's to become friends then a bar fly and a tee to-taller. I made some friends during fishing and some acquaintances. Depends on the person but in general are people fishing easy to help others out and have some chit chat.

So...no cake?

Is there cake?

Ah in my opinion friendships start out of shared interests.

In that case does it mean TheKid and I will make great friends then? :whistling:

Erik

I fish in and around Bagnkok. Shadow lake,(puttamon sai 2) Bungsamran (navamin 42). There are enough foreigners that like it too. You will soon make friends there.

Well i live in Pattaya also among thais, they have put and take lakes here, but i rather go to sattahip on the boardwalk and try my luck, its just a bit far, but fun, even if i only would socialize with thais there :) thanks

Is there cake?

In that case does it mean TheKid and I will make great friends then? :whistling:

Only with lots of chocolate icing on it for you!!!

Is there cake?

Call me ignorant i wont mind.. but who is TheKid ?

Is there cake?

Ah in my opinion friendships start out of shared interests. Not always of course but its more common for 2 bar fly's to become friends then a bar fly and a tee to-taller. I made some friends during fishing and some acquaintances. Depends on the person but in general are people fishing easy to help others out and have some chit chat.But a Cake why not 555?

So...no cake?

I am surprised that its not even possible to take a seniors members comment seriously. this must be your hobby ? Edited by eirikur3

Is there cake?

Yes you can but i am looking for intelligent friends, who speak english.if you cant afford a cake i would be happy to buy one for you :)

Is there cake?

Thanks, you may be right, but i dont go to bars:)

Is there cake?

hmm. Depends. If you are a fattie, there might not be enough cake left for me. (We can't share clothes if we are not the same size. In North America sizing I am L, but in Thailand XXL.)

However, this could be fun. So like, are you my new best friend now?

And buried in the nougat here, was a little subtle hint. The cooking schools of Bangkok hide some unique and interesting folks.

Edited by geriatrickid

Is there cake?

Ah in my opinion friendships start out of shared interests. Not always of course but its more common for 2 bar fly's to become friends then a bar fly and a tee to-taller. I made some friends during fishing and some acquaintances. Depends on the person but in general are people fishing easy to help others out and have some chit chat.But a Cake why not 555?

So...no cake?

I am surprised that its not even possible to take a seniors members comment seriously. this must be your hobby ?

Uhmmm...well, it's not my job or some sort of mission from god, that's for sure. Sorry to have taken things so lightly. Hadn't realized that as a senior member I should be approaching this whole posting thing with more seriousness. blink.gif

Anyway, kidding aside sorry to all for taking up space with a pointless and stupid joke meant for my own amusement.

Is there cake?

hmm. Depends. If you are a fattie, there might not be enough cake left for me. (We can't share clothes if we are not the same size. In North America sizing I am L, but in Thailand XXL.)

And buried in the nougat here, was a little subtle hint. The cooking schools of Bangkok hide some unique and interesting folks.

555 Ita amazing people use their time talking about a CAKE 5555, u must be hooked on sweets, but its ok, you guys here seem to think i am a need of a friend,BUT IT WAS ABOUT TALKING YOUR OWN LANHUAGE (with a none caker) !!! but wile eating a cake is quite ok, its more beeing able to talk english or danish or few other languases, i write this, that would be nice. but i will stop here now, as CAKES seem to have been the main subject :)bon appertite.

Is there cake?

So...no cake?

Is there cake?

555 Ita amazing people use their time talking about a CAKE 5555, u must be hooked on sweets, but its ok, you guys here seem to think i am a need of a friend,BUT IT WAS ABOUT TALKING YOUR OWN LANHUAGE (with a none caker) !!! but wile eating a cake is quite ok, its more beeing able to talk english or danish or few other languases, i write this, that would be nice. but i will stop here now, as CAKES seem to have been the main subject :)bon appertite.

Well if its about making friends who can speak good English,so that you can converse with them,then you are in the right Country.

There are many Nationalities that fit the bill,Norwegians,Danes,Dutch,Germans,Swedes,not to forget the natural English speakers,Australians,Americans,New Zealanders,etc personally I have made friends amongst all of these nationalities,and many more iv'e left out.

And that's what its all about,meeting good people,from other Countries,and forgetting the Nationality issue.

Bar meetings,have got a use initially to get people talking,and then the friendship can move on to other joint interests.

Is there cake?

I presume eating a cake?

join a coffee club . how could you stay in a condo all day . try some night life know whay i mean . james hat yai :rolleyes:

Well i dont stay in my home all day, but when as i dont drink, going to bars in the evening, is not much fun, though it can be for a snooker or two ;)

join a coffee club . how could you stay in a condo all day . try some night life know whay i mean . james hat yai :rolleyes:

Well i dont stay in my home all day, but when as i dont drink, going to bars in the evening, is not much fun, though it can be for a snooker or two ;)

Erikur,

You don't have to drink alcohol in a bar.

I rarely drink alcohol but I can get tea or juice in any bar.

I always travel alone to TL and I always make friends.

All you need do is make clear that you enjoy the company you're in.

But first find the right company.