Anyone Seen The Ipad 2 For Sale In Cm?

sfokevin

I saw 2 for sale in the computer shops on the top floor of the Airport plaza . Didnt ask the price but I guess very high

They were both wrapped so I assume they wouldnt have let me look at them

Do you happen to recall which computer shops?

Edited by venturalaw

I saw 2 for sale in the computer shops on the top floor of the Airport plaza . Didnt ask the price but I guess very high

What's the main appeal with the iPad....are they worth a look for the technically impaired?

Both at the same shop, if you stand with the entrance to IT city in front of you go left into where there are several small shops/ stalls and it was on the left I think 2 or 3 shops in

Both at the same shop, if you stand with the entrance to IT city in front of you go left into where there are several small shops/ stalls and it was on the left I think 2 or 3 shops in

I went there today - And asked prices... The guy in the back of the IT section had white ones... He wanted 30K+ baht for a 16gb non-3G!!!... The stall right at the entrance wanted 28.5K baht... Then I walked to the other end of the Mall (same floor 3) towards Robinson's... there was a store on the right hand side that had one in the window - The lady said it was 24.5K baht... Not bad... But once they are available I would expect them to go for the same old price of 18.9K baht

Edited by sfokevin

I don't get why people like the ipad unless you just have cash to burn?

...I did purchase one for my daughter (21) for Christmas but I really attempted to talk her out of it...of course, she had her heart set on it so I dropped $800 in Seattle at the Apple store...of course she likes it but she also didn't buy it.

as for value....? I could have bought her a brand new laptop for the same same price.

I love apple and my ipod is 6 years old and still runs like a champ and my 2 year iphone, dropped the thing without case 200 times still works great so they make great products that last...but their computers are so over priced its sick

Me either. It is a slightly more compact computer with nowhere the capacity of a notebook PC. In a few years, they will be great, but right now not enough bang for the buck. :blink:

Me either. It is a slightly more compact computer with nowhere the capacity of a notebook PC. In a few years, they will be great, but right now not enough bang for the buck. :blink:

It's kind of a product that you have to use to understand it. It's pretty much a new paradigm for computing. It's neither a laptop without keyboard, nor an oversized iPod touch. It's a new thing. In some ways I believe it's what computers always should have been. The biggest thing about the iPad is that it's not there. You're not "using an iPad" - you're watching a movie, surfing the web, etc - you have this small sliver of glass and it does all these things. It's yet another "5 years into the future" product.

I just do not understand what is unique about it other than being more compact. Can you explain why it is something more than that. :unsure:

It is unique because it does the same things as any Android tablet, but it has a unique picture of a fruit on it, and costs 3 times the price.

Bring on the fanboys ;-)

if you really want the ipad2, like someone else said, wait another 3 months at least to get the regular thai retail price. i hear the Ipad 1 is selling at a bargain at the moment. starting 9900? or 11900?

id wait for the moto xoom though whenever that comes out. Android for me is the way forward.

If someone at the Apple stand says that the Ipad 2 will be in Thailand in 2/3 months,how come that some stores in Airport Plaza have them already. Are they copies from China or have they been purchased overseas?. Who knows

heh, I was in the USA last week and didn't even see it there. Good luck finding it in Chiang Mai. ;)

I think patience is key until you can just pick one up from stock at places like MacZone.

Right. Same experience for me in the Washington DC area. None to be found at Best Buy, Target, Apple Store, etc.. We asked at a couple of Best Buy stores and they actually had waiting lists of customers that had reserved. They didn't have any idea when more were coming in. I was told that some of the shortage has been caused by limited component availability due to the earthquakes in Japan. Not sure how accurate that is, but definitely sounds plausible.

-Mestizo