Fuel Consumption Vios 2010

What should the average fuel consumption for my Vios 2010 be? I live in Pattaya, where the traffic is pretty bad, but do infrequent trips to Bangkok, Chonburi and Rayong. The traffic in Bangkok is horrendous as well. Driving to Rayong, Chonburi and Sattahip is alright. I worked out that I average 16.5 KM per litre of Gasohol 91. Is this kind of fuel consumption normal? I bought the Vios E 10 months ago. It has only done about 5000KM, as I spent a fair bit of time back home in Australia. By the way, the Vios is a pleasure to drive and I am glad to have bought it. :)

I also had a Vios in 2008-2010,brand new,and I would say that your mileage sounds about right.

I always have to convert back to MPG,i.e 16.5 Klm to 1 Ltr X 4.5 (litres to gallon) = 74.2 KM *1.6 =46.4 MPG.

I would say that's good mileage,but to be expected from a modern car,

Of course the biggest Gas Guzzler is using AC,seems the average costs is Minus 20-25 % in fuel efficiency.

I take it your Vios Engine is a 1400 cc ? or thereabouts?

Edited by MAJIC

I also had a Vios in 2008-2010,brand new,and I would say that your mileage sounds about right.

I always have to convert back to MPG,i.e 16.5 Klm to 1 Ltr X 4.5 (litres to gallon) = 74.2 KM *1.6 =46.4 MPG.

I would say that's good mileage,but to be expected from a modern car,

Of course the biggest Gas Guzzler is using AC,seems the average costs is Minus 20-25 % in fuel efficiency.

I take it your Vios Engine is a 1400 cc ? or thereabouts?

Vios/Yaris comes with an old 1500cc in LOS and if you manage 16km/litre you are extremely light footed :)

Thanks for the information. Yes, I am driving a bit light-footed these days, nothing like when I used to put my foot down on the pedal in my Holden Commodore in Australia with its 3.6 litre engine. Toyota told me I should get 15KM per litre, but at first I only managed 12KM per litre, but I was driving at 110-120 KM/hour on the open highway. The better fuel consumption now, is probably due thanks to driving at less than 100KM/hour. Yes, the Vios has a 1.5 litre engine and it does not miss a beat. As I am only doing little mileage, Toyota has told me to do a service and an oil change every 3 months, instead of the customary 6-monthly service. Can anyone tell me the reason for that? Thanks

Thanks for the information. Yes, I am driving a bit light-footed these days, nothing like when I used to put my foot down on the pedal in my Holden Commodore in Australia with its 3.6 litre engine. Toyota told me I should get 15KM per litre, but at first I only managed 12KM per litre, but I was driving at 110-120 KM/hour on the open highway. The better fuel consumption now, is probably due thanks to driving at less than 100KM/hour. Yes, the Vios has a 1.5 litre engine and it does not miss a beat. As I am only doing little mileage, Toyota has told me to do a service and an oil change every 3 months, instead of the customary 6-monthly service. Can anyone tell me the reason for that? Thanks

cause they want to make more money on servicing your car

10k km/6 months is fine and according to warranty and service book, and free for 3 years except oil and parts

Nobody in Toyota said that to me and I have a manual Vios.

Around Pattaya area, there is an awful lot of grit on the road and in the air, so better to get chains on bikes oiled regularly, but I can't see how this affects a car except for the air-filter maybe.

Your fuel consumption looks good to me.

cause they want to make more money on servicing your car

10k km/6 months is fine and according to warranty and service book, and free for 3 years except oil and parts

I know we are talking Vios here, but I just had my 06 Honda City to service (at Honda) and they advised me to change the oil every 6 month also due to only driving app. 10K pr year. I average 12 km/l in my car.

• 3 weeks later...

Used a 2011 Vios for 1 month for work, and average fuel consumption was 12 km/liter, fuel consumption with benzin 91 was around 13.5 km/liter, with gasohol 95 it was 12.5 km/liter, with gasohol 91 it was 10-10.5 km/ liter. Did totally more then 4000 km in 4 weeks.

Terrible compared to the New City that we have with an average of 14 km/liter in the city and 18 km/liter on highways. Even our Tiida is much better on fuel then the Vios.

Just mapped out a trip I did in my girlfriend's 2011 Vios, manual.

Mainly highway driving, Chiang Mai to Ayyuthaya on the 11 and 1, then up to Sukhothai on the 1, 117 and 12, then to Chiang Mai on the 101 and 11.

On the way down mainly cruising at 100kph, light on the pedals, the return journey from Nakhon Sawan north was generally 80-90kph due to traffic, some heavy acceleration when overtaking (it doesn't seem to have much power dropping to 4th, so most overtaking maneuvers passing cars travelling at 60kph need a drop to 3rd).

Overall, I got just over 19km/litre, just less than 2 Baht a kilometer at current prices.

to hit 16km/l you guys HAVE to be driving at maximum 40km/h in the city. Is that 4km/l you are saving really worth all the traffic and extra polution you are creating?

im saying this by having tested and the only way to keep the consomation around that is 40km/h maximum, 50km/h goes down to 12-13

to hit 16km/l you guys HAVE to be driving at maximum 40km/h in the city. Is that 4km/l you are saving really worth all the traffic and extra polution you are creating?

im saying this by having tested and the only way to keep the consomation around that is 40km/h maximum, 50km/h goes down to 12-13

same with me, i tried several things to get the fuel consumption down but nothing helped. I was very disappointed with the fuel consumption of the Vios, also with the power.

Even the old model Honda City we had before (2007/2008 model) was way better on fuel then the 2011 Vios that i had to use for 1 month (which was an automatic by the way)

Honda New City, Ford Fiesta, Mazda 2, Nissan Tiida are all better cars in my opinion. It is really time that Toyota comes with something new.