90 Day Report By Post

Its only a ten min. deal why not wait.........???

In chiang Mai it's not. :(

An even longer wait to get it back. I posted mine over two months ago by EMS and it's still not back (Bkk) Waste of time phoning as they will not check if it's been posted back and lost, or not.

Unlikely. You would be adding to there work having to sort/file/mail for no valid reason in there mind. You have the option to send the wife/GF/maid/service or other representative as it is now.

Thanks. :)

Unlikely. You would be adding to there work having to sort/file/mail for no valid reason in there mind. You have the option to send the wife/GF/maid/service or other representative as it is now.

Disagree , from what I hear around it takes about 10 - 14 days for return ,in Chiangmai

it takes more then an hour at best lately before you're finished ( or hours ), so thats a valid reason , and the distance to the office of mine is 80km , another reason to send it by post , did it for the first time this Monday and hope all will be fine .

Disagree , from what I hear around it takes about 10 - 14 days for return ,in Chiangmai

it takes more then an hour at best lately before you're finished ( or hours ), so thats a valid reason , and the distance to the office of mine is 80km , another reason to send it by post , did it for the first time this Monday and hope all will be fine .

And when sending via Thai Post, be SURE to do it via EMS, that way you can track and often even get a copy of the signature of who received the envelope at destination.

Mac

And I was not commenting on sending it by post - but visit and then asking return by post. Different things.

Uhm I see , almost got myself astonished to actual being able to disagee with you , but it was not meant to be . ;)

BTW to the other poster , I send it with the local postoffice , signature service , 18 baht .

There is no need to send it with EMS , and I've got very good experiences with the 'normal postalservice' , at least in Chiangmai its very good in my opinion . Can't tell about Bangkok , thats a different World in itself .

I do know one guy who's been reporting by post for a good long while and never had a glitch in doing it this way. He does send it via EMS though.

Slightly off topic;

Sadly, sometimes at Changwattana it is NOT a 10 minute wait, but can turn into a several hour ordeal depending when you show up, and more importantly on the number of people reporting that day. Some days they process just 600, some days they process over 1200. It's a total crap shoot to try to guess how long it'll really take.

I go out to Changwattana almost every week; sometimes with quite a large pile 'o passports from acquaintances to submit their 90 day reporting and the wait times vary a LOT!!

When I'm out there, I routinely see the 'runners' from some of the visa companies from Universities and even private Thai language schools which offer to do 90 day reporting for people.

Even though this is slightly off-topic; seeing as Thai Immigrations now accepts 90 day reporting up to 2 weeks early and up to 1 week late; giving you a 3 week window (except via post where there is NO grace period after the date it's due); I think it may be of interest to some who don't wanna go to Changwattana.

Thai Immigrations in Bangkok now runs a "Mobile Immigration Service" on the second and third Tuesday of each month. The second Tuesday they're at Buddy Lodge Motel on KhaoSan Road, and the third Tuesday they're at Bumrungrad Hospital (on the 10th floor, I think).

These locations are staffed by Immigrations officers and offer the same services they do at Changwattana; 90-day reporting, change of visa class, extensions of stay, transfer of stamps, overstay, emergency visas, residency document, etc.

P/S: To some who've read the above info in my posts before it may seem like I'm "beating the drum", BUT I' pretty sure if foreigners don't use this new dealy Immigrations will stop doing it. I'm just trying to pique interest and get the word out seeing as Immigrations hasn't done all the stellar job of promoting this new service.

Interesting service in BKK you got there Todd-daniels , good thing indeed

to share it here , I never read it before .

Also a first is that I did not know that when sending it by post there is no grace period ,

strange , and potential dangerous , thanks for sharing cause mine is on the 18th and send it last Monday , probably will be okay , but thought about sending it the 18th , arriving the 19th , considering the 1 week grace period ....Well good to know now ,thanks for sharing .

Although I'm not sure if its the same in Chiangmai , hope not .

What happens if the new report doesn't come back ?

Guess could show the receipt and the date , go with the copies etc , they still charge you 2k or what ?

They should demolish it all together , so time consuming and useless .

I do know one guy who's been reporting by post for a good long while and never had a glitch in doing it this way. He does send it via EMS though.

Slightly off topic;

Sadly, sometimes at Changwattana it is NOT a 10 minute wait, but can turn into a several hour ordeal depending when you show up, and more importantly on the number of people reporting that day. Some days they process just 600, some days they process over 1200. It's a total crap shoot to try to guess how long it'll really take.

I go out to Changwattana almost every week; sometimes with quite a large pile 'o passports from acquaintances to submit their 90 day reporting and the wait times vary a LOT!!

When I'm out there, I routinely see the 'runners' from some of the visa companies from Universities and even private Thai language schools which offer to do 90 day reporting for people.

Even though this is slightly off-topic; seeing as Thai Immigrations now accepts 90 day reporting up to 2 weeks early and up to 1 week late; giving you a 3 week window (except via post where there is NO grace period after the date it's due); I think it may be of interest to some who don't wanna go to Changwattana.

Thai Immigrations in Bangkok now runs a "Mobile Immigration Service" on the second and third Tuesday of each month. The second Tuesday they're at Buddy Lodge Motel on KhaoSan Road, and the third Tuesday they're at Bumrungrad Hospital (on the 10th floor, I think).

These locations are staffed by Immigrations officers and offer the same services they do at Changwattana; 90-day reporting, change of visa class, extensions of stay, transfer of stamps, overstay, emergency visas, residency document, etc.

P/S: To some who've read the above info in my posts before it may seem like I'm "beating the drum", BUT I' pretty sure if foreigners don't use this new dealy Immigrations will stop doing it. I'm just trying to pique interest and get the word out seeing as Immigrations hasn't done all the stellar job of promoting this new service.

Thanks for that information. Excellant stuff.

I live in Thonburi, and the KS Road immigration location looked good to me, until I looked at my next 90 report. Believe it or not, it is on Monday 6 June, and the second Tuesday of June is on 14! So I miss the 7 day window. Oh well, back to the post office round the corner.

It would be good to hear from any other member who uses this service for retirement extensions, etc.

By the way, do they do re-entry permits? If not I will have to go to CW anyway.

Alan

<SNIP> By the way, do they do re-entry permits?

I tried to include all the things available at Changwattana and totally left out re-entry permits. Yes they sell them too. :) Sorry about that. :(

In talking with several of the Immigrations Hotline staff about it; those "mobile locations' are full service. Anything you can do out at Changwattana Immigrations you’re able to do at those locations too. ..

FWIW: I'm gonna go to the one they're doing at Bumrungrad Hospital next Tuesday to turn in some 90 day reports.

I'll hang around a while afterwards and scope out how smooth (or not) things appear to be working. :)

If applying at Chaengwattana,:

· Photocopy of the following passport pages which show the:

photo

visa extension stamp

stamp of the last entry into Thailand

current re-entry permit (if applicable)

· Photocopy of departure card (front and back)

· Original previous 90 days slip (but keep a p/copy at home)

· 90 days form (TM 47)

· SAE with B10 stamp

The documents must be sent by EMS

If applying at Chaengwattana,:

· Photocopy of the following passport pages which show the:

photo

visa extension stamp

stamp of the last entry into Thailand

current re-entry permit (if applicable)

· Photocopy of departure card (front and back)

· Original previous 90 days slip (but keep a p/copy at home)

· 90 days form (TM 47)

· SAE with B10 stamp

The documents must be sent by EMS

EMS is not necessary (expensive). Sending by Registered letter (longtabien - 18 Baht) is only what Immigrations requires.

Edited by mojaco

And I was not commenting on sending it by post - but visit and then asking return by post. Different things.

Well, by visiting I was meaning to hand over the papers as in a letter with envelope. Can't see the difference if I or the postman delivers it. :rolleyes:

Well, by visiting I was meaning to hand over the papers as in a letter with envelope. Can't see the difference if I or the postman delivers it. :rolleyes:

The difference is that when the postman delivers it as EMS or registred mail, there is a record that shows that immirgation has recieved a letter from you. of course that only is important when the report goes missing, but that does happen.

The difference is that when the postman delivers it as EMS or registred mail, there is a record that shows that immirgation has recieved a letter from you. of course that only is important when the report goes missing, but that does happen.

Ok, thanks again. So how do I do a registered mail from Immi to my house? (SAE)