Songkran Samui

Happy Songkran to all

So the other forums have reported the water throwing has already started in Pattaya, and soi cowboy in Bangkok is in full swing ( although it is wet 365 days of the year anyway , well the girls are :whistling: )

So has it started in Samui yet? , i know Lamai normally starts early......

Will the days on Samui be wedesday and Thursday, with it calming down on Friday?

Any parts of Samui staying dry this year? , i know after the floods, the last thing on peoples minds in getting soaked !

Stay Safe everyone, as i know the roads can be very dangerous this week

Songkran%2B2010%2Bwigs.JPG

Neighbours are starting now.

Must try to cross the street to my bar quickly.

yeah just seen a truck drive by in Bophut with the back filled up with people with waterguns ect...... but not nice getting socked for the people coming back from work ect with mobile phones and all . At least tomorrow you can be prepared and not take these items out....

oh well

Usually one official day.Seen a couple of foreigners riding through Bophut with water guns, that's all. The only other water, was a truck with a Monk, riding through the back streets blessing people.

Yes - I saw the Monk as well.

I agree with Rooo

When I first came to Samui the water chucking was the 13th only.

I have noticed that quite a few start now on the New Year's Eve (12th) especially in Chewang. (Some Thais and some farangs throwing water.)

The 14th is definitely bad manners and will get you some rebukes. I have only seen a few farangs throwing water on the 14th.

Huge traffic jams tomorrow afternoon/evening B)

started on the 10th on soi reggae in the afternoon

Yup, the lovely bar girls were hard at it (throwing water that is :whistling:) and idiot me forgot they start the evening before Songrand and went out with jeans and long sleeve shirt. Most were kind and just looked at me and didn't throw water until one "farang" ran across the street and tipped a bucket down my back. Is is my imagination or does it seem to be the farangs are that bit more aggressive with the water throwing? Happy Songrand :jap:

seems as if it were a rather subdued songkran this year on samui. two years ago i spent the day of songkran in my yard and started counting the ambulance sirens as they drove past on the way to nathon hospital. i made a bet with a friend that we would hear at least one dozen go past during the day, we ended up hearing 15 distinctly different ambulances drive past that day.

yesterday, i spent the day in the garden and remembered the number from two years previously. we had a total of 3 ambulances drive past with sirens. i suppose they could have taken the lamai route to nathon. fewer people could have been driving drunk, or the recent storms both weather wise and political could have kept the tourists away.

seems as if it were a rather subdued songkran this year on samui. two years ago i spent the day of songkran in my yard and started counting the ambulance sirens as they drove past on the way to nathon hospital. i made a bet with a friend that we would hear at least one dozen go past during the day, we ended up hearing 15 distinctly different ambulances drive past that day.

yesterday, i spent the day in the garden and remembered the number from two years previously. we had a total of 3 ambulances drive past with sirens. i suppose they could have taken the lamai route to nathon. fewer people could have been driving drunk, or the recent storms both weather wise and political could have kept the tourists away.

What an interesting way to spend Songkran. Maybe this could be the start of some kind of new hobby.

Yes - I saw the Monk as well.

I agree with Rooo

When I first came to Samui the water chucking was the 13th only.

I have noticed that quite a few start now on the New Year's Eve (12th) especially in Chewang. (Some Thais and some farangs throwing water.)

The 14th is definitely bad manners and will get you some rebukes. I have only seen a few farangs throwing water on the 14th.

Huge traffic jams tomorrow afternoon/evening B)

Lucky you...........its a full on 7 days here in Patters...............hopeless

Tuesday night on my way to work around 6 pm I was treated to a bucket of iced water clean in my face on Bangrak. (whilst riding a motorbike)

Now I aint no misery arse but I never expected to take a soaking on the eve of songkran so early, I continued my journey all be it

soaking and a little pissed off, on arrival at work I realsed that I was soaked to the skin, my man bag that I carry had an inch of water in it, my i phone, cash and other important

stuff was soaking, I quickly got everything out and fortunately no damage.

On songkran day i always come out in light weight clothing and my personal stuff in a plastic zip seal food bag and join in the fun of throwing water about,

I NEVER aim at

peoples face aspecially on motorbikes and am respectful should my target be an elderly person or are obviously dressed for work, a tip maybe bar owners could pass on to

staff and customers alike.

Tuesday night on my way to work around 6 pm I was treated to a bucket of iced water clean in my face on Bangrak. (whilst riding a motorbike)

Now I aint no misery arse but I never expected to take a soaking on the eve of songkran so early, I continued my journey all be it

soaking and a little pissed off, on arrival at work I realsed that I was soaked to the skin, my man bag that I carry had an inch of water in it, my i phone, cash and other important

stuff was soaking, I quickly got everything out and fortunately no damage.

On songkran day i always come out in light weight clothing and my personal stuff in a plastic zip seal food bag and join in the fun of throwing water about,

I NEVER aim at

peoples face aspecially on motorbikes and am respectful should my target be an elderly person or are obviously dressed for work, a tip maybe bar owners could pass on to

staff and customers alike.

Dont you know that anyone in working atire....trousers/shirt is a definate"""get em""" with a big bucket..........shorts and flip flops tend to get left alone

the aim is to water another person as much as possible. At least for the majority of participants, consciously or intuitively. However dashing water over a driving driver is hardly possible > physics...Therefore they some target the face of a driver intuitively.

Once on the way to Nathon, I had some urgent business to do there on a 13th of April and had only a motorcycle, an ordinary lady threw a bucket load of water at my face while driving by. That hurt like a strong hit with a wet towel (I can imagine). Got dizzy at once, felt the sharp pain in my face, could see only a little bit, but drove on by realising this lady smiling the way Thais do if something went wrong by own action....

Edited by Birdman

the aim is to water another person as much as possible. At least for the majority of participants, consciously or intuitively. However dashing water over a driving driver is hardly possible > physics...Therefore they some target the face of a driver intuitively.

Once on the way to Nathon, I had some urgent business to do there on a 13th of April and had only a motorcycle, an ordinary lady threw a bucket load of water at my face while driving by. That hurt like a strong hit with a wet towel (I can imagine). Got dizzy at once, felt the sharp pain in my face, could see only a little bit, but drove on by realising this lady smiling the way Thais do if something went wrong by own action....

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about but happy Songkran mate.