German Man Arrested For Drug And Women Trafficking

george

And... lastly....aren't both reports really talking about hashish?? What's with this "compressed marijuana" nomenclature? :

No, they are not talking about hashish. Hash is the pollen of the plant.

Marijuana is usually whole flowers of the plant and/or leaves.

The flowers and/or leaves are compressed using a hydraulic press cutting down on volume making transport easier.

Well aside from riduculous arguments about farangs being all criminals or not criminals.... Just a general observation of being in thailand for a month now is that most thai's are not law abiding when it comes to driving but very proper in other areas or behavior.. I think people are just people and there are always a percentage who are really breaking societies laws.

Back to the thread now. These guys took a risk and lost big time... Trafficking drugs is a risk business. If the drug was not illegal then it would not be worth much... Just look at how cheap it is in Nepal or Jamaica... I remember being in Jamaica and buying a quarter pound for $30 and it was a tourist price. So anyway these guys were trying to profit from the economics of marijuana being an illegal drug and got caught.. There lives are most likely going to be very different now and will have a lot of time to think about things. The root of their problem was greed and taking high risks.

A. Since when does 1kg of marijuana make you a part of an international drug trafficking ring? Who wrote that headline?

B. If guilty of people smuggling, he deserves along time in jail. If guilty of trying to sell a kg of marijuana, he will get a long time in jail and the judge who hands down the sentence will likely go home to a bottle of black label. And the lawyers and politicians pat eachother on the back and retire to their own bottles. And the perverted sense of justice will continue.

All talking is senseless!! Laws are laws, if you break 'em and get caught you join the joint! It's simple as that! Society needs laws, otherwise we would face anarchy. Whether these laws are good or not doesn't matter. We are Farangs, we have the freedom to choose where to live. If you wanna smoke weed legally, move to the Netherlands! If you wanna traffick it, be smart and have no conscience!

beerlao

I seem to recall seeing weed product in coffee shops with "Thai" in the title, but that may have just been for branding effect?

:D

No, it's mixed with chillies :D

Re a previous posters passionate proposal that alchohol is worse than MJ, AFAIK the problem was that in the '20s in the fair USofA a senator had large (tree) plantations supplying the paper mills, and a cheap process was discovered by someone to turn hemp into paper. This of course led to some urgent 'financed' research to show the damage that MJ does to the brain... The 'message' was established and spread throughout the world, like so many other messages financed by vested interest groups.

And of course, repeat anything enough times, and it becomes 'the truth'

So we can legally go kill some more braincells :o Its controllable and taxable.

And... lastly....aren't both reports really talking about hashish?? What's with this "compressed marijuana" nomenclature? :

No, they are not talking about hashish. Hash is the pollen of the plant.

Marijuana is usually whole flowers of the plant and/or leaves.

The flowers and/or leaves are compressed using a hydraulic press cutting down on volume making transport easier.

Not pollen but trichomes, "the small glandular hairs containing plant resins which appear on the leaves and stems of the Cannabis plant".

wikipedia

Hash is made from tetrahydrocannabinol-rich glandular hairs known as trichomes as well as various amounts of Cannabis flower and leaf fragments. The resin reservoirs of the trichomes (erroneously known as "pollen") are separated from the plant via various sieving methods, cold-water separations, or chemical extraction.

All talking is senseless!! Laws are laws, if you break 'em and get caught you join the joint! It's simple as that! Society needs laws, otherwise we would face anarchy. Whether these laws are good or not doesn't matter. We are Farangs, we have the freedom to choose where to live. If you wanna smoke weed legally, move to the Netherlands! If you wanna traffick it, be smart and have no conscience!

beerlao

Yes, do not question anything ever! The people with more money and power than you are smarter than you and know what is best for you. Follow. Follow. Follow. Obey. Obey. Obey.

Another bunch of dumdwits that think they are smarter than the system. Great stuff, just keep locking them up :D

And throw the key away too.

What exactly in woman trafficking if its what i think it is Is it done consensually

Do these women have a choice If not why is nothing doen to give them a choice

Education Jobs etc

Read "The Natashas" by Victor Malarek if you really want to know

not so fast - if the thai police locked up every farang who is doing something illegal, there wouldn't be very many farangs left.  :o

hi..

sorry dont agree,

cant lock them up fast enough for me.... scum!

i dont believe most farangs are criminals...

some yes.... but the majority - no

amarka  :D

who are you guy..mr. Clean or what..there is no-one in this world who is not a criminal..as for what is a crime..that changes with every country you go to..you never had a parking ticket or said something untrue about someone or what..as speaking untruth about somebody IS a crime in USA called "Libel"

if alcohol was made illegal, then 98% of all people in the world would be a criminal...does that make them a bad person? or just a criminal in the eyes of the law..dont be a muppet you puppet.!!!

as for big drug ring..haha i think a kilo of nepalese fetches about 100,000 baht if you sell it in small amounts on the street, but not 500,000 so i reckopn some old geezer in his sixties with a kilo of hash in his bag does not represent a threat to society and is not a big dealer.

The cops look better in the news when they increase the "Street Value" of the confiscated wares. They probably chopped 80% of the block off to sell to their friends later..corrupt as they are. (and i know plenty of them).

I cannot imagine this old guy being a slave trader..although the Arab connections may indicate me to be wrong, as most of the slave traders are Arabs or Russians.

It seems that many people don#t have a clue what goes on under their noses. If you don't know how they keep the girls from running away once in Germany, or wherever, then you need to get out on the street a bit more, and stop drinking exclusivrely with expats and eating beans and marmite from foodland.

get some fried scorpion down ya!

What a big headline about such a little fish.

Another bunch of dumdwits that think they are smarter than the system. Great stuff, just keep locking them up :D

What exactly in woman trafficking if its what i think it is Is it done consensually

Education Jobs etc

not so fast - if the thai police locked up every farang who is doing something illegal, there wouldn't be very many farangs left.  :o

hi..

sorry dont agree,

who are you guy..mr. Clean or what..there is no-one in this world who is not a criminal..as for what is a crime..that changes with every country you go to..you never had a parking ticket or said something untrue about someone or what..as speaking untruth about somebody IS a crime in USA called "Libel"

if alcohol was made illegal, then 98% of all people in the world would be a criminal...does that make them a bad person? or just a criminal in the eyes of the law..dont be a muppet you puppet.!!!

as for big drug ring..haha i think a kilo of nepalese fetches about 100,000 baht if you sell it in small amounts on the street, but not 500,000 so i reckopn some old geezer in his sixties with a kilo of hash in his bag does not represent a threat to society and is not a big dealer.

The cops look better in the news when they increase the "Street Value" of the confiscated wares. They probably chopped 80% of the block off to sell to their friends later..corrupt as they are. (and i know plenty of them).

I cannot imagine this old guy being a slave trader..although the Arab connections may indicate me to be wrong, as most of the slave traders are Arabs or Russians.

It seems that many people don#t have a clue what goes on under their noses. If you don't know how they keep the girls from running away once in Germany, or wherever, then you need to get out on the street a bit more, and stop drinking exclusivrely with expats and eating beans and marmite from foodland.

I didn't know you could get Marmite in Foodland thanks for the info

Education Jobs etc

not so fast - if the thai police locked up every farang who is doing something illegal, there wouldn't be very many farangs left.   :o

hi..

sorry dont agree,

Hey, right on there spencerdharmagrafix, from what I have read here not too many of these falangs would make good Buddhists. I have met a lot of ozzie gangsters in my lifetime and this old guy with some pot would be classified as a tom thumb, a drop kick, a nobody trying to make a buck so he can stay in Thailand. The world is full of hippocrites,and they point the finger at everybody until it happens to someone close to them. Jesus Christ may have been right when he said " he who has'nt sinned cast the first stone". The only legalised criminals in this world are the politicians. Some people should get a real education "about life". :D:D

I seem to recall seeing weed product in coffee shops with "Thai" in the title, but that may have just been for branding effect?

No, it's mixed with chillies :D

Re a previous posters passionate proposal that alchohol is worse than MJ, AFAIK the problem was that in the '20s in the fair USofA a senator had large (tree) plantations supplying the paper mills, and a cheap process was discovered by someone to turn hemp into paper. This of course led to some urgent 'financed' research to show the damage that MJ does to the brain... The 'message' was established and spread throughout the world, like so many other messages financed by vested interest groups.

And of course, repeat anything enough times, and it becomes 'the truth'

So we can legally go kill some more braincells :o Its controllable and taxable.

I guy I met some time back met Gough Whitlam at a Canberra party back in the early seventies, and Gough apparently said then that he would legalise pot if he could find a way to tax it. HA HA HA! That reminds me, vote for someone with a brain; I hav'nt voted for a long time! :D

dumb and dumber

Iranians in Thailand

being watched

well hello

yes they are watching

and waiting

If they are smuggling weed rather than explosives then I gotta say "right on!". If there were more weed heads maybe there would be less hate-inspired action going down in our world. Although I don't partake myself, I happen to know that a little smoking makes for a mellow fellow far better than a drunk hooligan or a sober bomber.

Possesing weed is a crime! Posessing a gun is not (In the States anyways)! That's for our protection of course. We can all handle a loaded weapon, but God forbid we would have a loaded joint, somebody might get hurt after all. :o