Diabetes Clinic/Hospital Bangkok

Hi All,

A quick summary of our situation.

My wife an i live in Australia, and have had my Mother In Law staying with us for the past few months. She is due to go back to Thailand in several weeks.

She has Type 2 Diabetes.

From what i can see and understand, she has very little understanding of what Diabetes is and how she can help it with her diet.

She has been given tablets which she takes daily to help her with her sugar levels.

We have been monitoring her sugar levels while she has been here, and while i an not a doctor, i do feel that her levels are too high.

She is not overweight, and is well and works hard, so it is easier to deal with it while it is like that.

What we are looking for is a hospital/clinic in Bangkok where we can make an appointment for her when she gets back so that she can get properly checked out and get the correct medication.

Hopefully she will even get some education as to what diabetes is and what it does to you. She speaks no English, so sending her to see someone in Australia would be useless.

She Lives in Issan, and i do not feel the local clinic is providing the level of care that one might expect.

Can anyone recommend a Diabetes Clinic or Hospital where we can get her to go when she gets back.

Cost is not an issue as we will be paying for it for her.

I just want her to get the level of care that she deserves.

Thanks

Am not sure more than that would be required or normal here (no need for weight loss it seems). My wife has same condition and visits an international hospital and suspect gets the same type of medication to take before meals (although there are various prices - wife take NovoNorm which is relatively expensive). There is no attempt to monitor glucose levels other than quarterly checks for Type 2 here AFAIK. If there are other factors/conditions developing they would also be watched. Diabetes seems to be very common here so Thai doctors are used to treating it. Suspect she would be best served at good hospital in the province she lives rather than having to travel to Bangkok. Agree local clinic probably not the best choice.