Speed

Old Croc

^Maybe he saw your av.

I also understand B500 to be the legitimate going rate. The 'surrendering licence for a stamp on it' bit is undoubtedly his extortion support tactic. You've been unfortunate to come across a particularly bad (greedy, ultra-corrupt) one. With any luck, he'll eventually come unstuck.

as a souveneer I have saved 3 of my official speeding fines. I used to commute Hua Hin- Phuket 1400km roundtrip, and usually kept 160kmh on cruisecontrol. Fines, named Khor.129-Tor.18, are for 155, 156 and 162 kmh, and are all 200 baht each.

These are all proper speedchecks with at least 10 officers including fine clercks.

In addition there are the highwayrobbers in brown, usually 2 men with sunglasses and papermask, claiming I m doing 130 kmh. Want to see my lisence, I say no cause I was not doing 130kmh (I was doing 160kmh), and we go. Usually asking 500 baht, but I got so bored of them I usually avoided to stop, but if Highway totally blocked, I stopped but did not provide my DL, and took off. They are on their next victim in 2 minutes anyway, and as what they do is illegal they cant radio report my car

... And, as has been pointed out, fines are miniscule anyway. :D

I was was given an 'on the spot' fine of bt1900 (negotiated down from bt3000)for driving at 120kph on the express/tollway in BKK - would have been bt4000 with a 'sticker' on my license if I had gone through the proper channels.....

totster :D

Highway code/law limits speed fines to max 1.000 baht. If you have an official speeding ticket, one offense (speeding) only, you should complain.

paying cash to officer without proper reciept is another matter

Yes, Well... after being stuck there for 30 mins talking this over it was a relief to get my license back and get going, chalk it down to another wonderful experience.. :)

Nice to know the maximum amount for a speed fine.. though not sure that would have helped either way in this situation. I was more concerned about having to return from Isaan to collect my license than anything else.

Totster :D

I was was given an 'on the spot' fine of bt1900 (negotiated down from bt3000)for driving at 120kph on the express/tollway in BKK - would have been bt4000 with a 'sticker' on my license if I had gone through the proper channels.....

That amount of fine seems quite excessive for Thailand. Are you sure the fine was 'legit' and not just a policeman on the make. Quite a number of years ago I was caught in a speed trap (VASCAR radar) well over 120 and I was fined 500 baht with a genuine receipt at the police station.

It is very excessive compared to the usual 100bt .. I have no doubt he was on the make.. it was 30th December.. and I had no desire to return to Bangkok two weeks later from Isaan to collect my license (apparently I couldn't pay it straight away as the 'sticker' had to be applied).. stitched up proper :rolleyes:

Ah well..

totster :D

Obviously saw you coming Tots. :D

So this business about putting a sticker on your license is BS? Just part of the scam?

^Maybe he saw your av.

I also understand B500 to be the legitimate going rate. The 'surrendering licence for a stamp on it' bit is undoubtedly his extortion support tactic. You've been unfortunate to come across a particularly bad (greedy, ultra-corrupt) one. With any luck, he'll eventually come unstuck.

as a souveneer I have saved 3 of my official speeding fines. I used to commute Hua Hin- Phuket 1400km roundtrip, and usually kept 160kmh on cruisecontrol. Fines, named Khor.129-Tor.18, are for 155, 156 and 162 kmh, and are all 200 baht each.

These are all proper speedchecks with at least 10 officers including fine clercks.

In addition there are the highwayrobbers in brown, usually 2 men with sunglasses and papermask, claiming I m doing 130 kmh. Want to see my lisence, I say no cause I was not doing 130kmh (I was doing 160kmh), and we go. Usually asking 500 baht, but I got so bored of them I usually avoided to stop, but if Highway totally blocked, I stopped but did not provide my DL, and took off. They are on their next victim in 2 minutes anyway, and as what they do is illegal they cant radio report my car

A real eye opener ,this one..like..are you joking or what?

Are you not the guy who is Volunteer Highway Police member ?

You who posted elsewhere that you joined up to to help save lives and promote road safety issues?

You are making a mockery, of your official badge and stickers on your cars and bikes.[Take note S/B and other volunteers who may be serious about this position and its ramifications ] I really hope that there is a real copper reading this who deems your post as unworthy of a genuine Volunteer Police and takes away your badge and authority...real quick. :realangry:

To all you other volunteers reading this...i hope you can see that this is a good example of why your presence anywhere is not taken seriously .[an earlier thread on this forum, on the powers of Volunteers showed a majority of people who laugh at you guys!]

This shows you as a danger to other road users and have scant regard for the very rules and regulations that as a Vounteer cop with your visible badges and stickers that you should be setting a better example to road users.

As you have also previously posted, that when you do get stopped at a roadblock or whatever..you simply flash your badge and away you go...

Do as i say and not as i do huh! :bah:

So this business about putting a sticker on your license is BS? Just part of the scam?

Yeah, Kalasin plates - farang driver

Not sure, my wife was saying that there is a points system with each sticker reducing your points by a certain amount - I think you start at 100

Edit/ Just found this here...

http://www.siam-info.de/english/driving-licence.html

Starting from January 2002 Thailand introduced a point system for traffic offences. This is graduated depending upon severity of the offence with a point assignment between 10 and 40 points. If 60 points are given, a driving ban of 90 days is enforced. Drivers who receive the ban twice or more in the same year with the same offences, must participate in driver training.
Edited by Totster

A real eye opener ,this one..like..are you joking or what?

Are you not the guy who is Volunteer Highway Police member ?

You who posted elsewhere that you joined up to to help save lives and promote road safety issues?

You are making a mockery, of your official badge and stickers on your cars and bikes.[Take note S/B and other volunteers who may be serious about this position and its ramifications ] I really hope that there is a real copper reading this who deems your post as unworthy of a genuine Volunteer Police and takes away your badge and authority...real quick. :realangry:

To all you other volunteers reading this...i hope you can see that this is a good example of why your presence anywhere is not taken seriously .[an earlier thread on this forum, on the powers of Volunteers showed a majority of people who laugh at you guys!]

This shows you as a danger to other road users and have scant regard for the very rules and regulations that as a Vounteer cop with your visible badges and stickers that you should be setting a better example to road users.

As you have also previously posted, that when you do get stopped at a roadblock or whatever..you simply flash your badge and away you go...

Do as i say and not as i do huh! :bah:

Oh, you again,

last time you where trying to frame me, SB or another member of GhostRiders for assisting local Police in chasing for tickets. Guess the response from GhostRiders wasnt as expected and your info was false

yes I am a Big Bike Highwaypolice Volunteer, and have been so for one year. Content of my post above is prior to joining the HWP. The speed fines I have saved are all from 2008/2009, but the info provided is still valid, as no change in fine limits for speeding, still a very minor offense at max 1.000 baht.

If you had bothered to read my posts, you would know I have been pulled over once in a year for not wearing a helmet since i joined the HWP. As I was in the wrong I did not display my HWP ID card and was fined 300 baht, kept the fine if you want to see it. We are allowed to speed, we are supposed to use helmets.

Guess you havent done much Highway driving or riding in LOS, as 160 kmh is normal cruise speed for any VIP convoy, and keeping 160 kmh I am often overtaken by a faster driver. Even the double decker tour buses keep 120-130 kmh here on road speed limited to 90 kmh.

The rest of your bla bla I do not bother to comment

Yeah, Kalasin plates - farang driver

Not sure, my wife was saying that there is a points system with each sticker reducing your points by a certain amount - I think you start at 100

Edit/ Just found this here...

http://www.siam-info...ng-licence.html

Starting from January 2002 Thailand introduced a point system for traffic offences. This is graduated depending upon severity of the offence with a point assignment between 10 and 40 points. If 60 points are given, a driving ban of 90 days is enforced. Drivers who receive the ban twice or more in the same year with the same offences, must participate in driver training.

a point system for drivers lisences has been introduced, so when caught it may be better to provide non Thai lisence ;)