Controversial Announcement From Butter Is Better

butterisbetter

I’m going to be honest. I knew when I posted that previous announcement about Butteris Better’s temporary closing for renovations, it would provoke sentiments of rancorand bitterness. Let’s face it: the only subjects more controversial are busschedules and, dare I write it, laundry lists. (It is for that reason that Thai Visaactually bans laundry lists as a topicof discussion in the forums and vigilantlymonitors any mention of bus schedules.) Nonetheless, I was unprepared for the levelof vituperation my original posting incited. Still, some things must be said no matter what the consequences. Therefore, I am advising the general public,or rather the skewed sample of the general public that is the Thaivisa Forum readership, thatvery, very skewed sample, that Butter isBetter will be prolonging the closure of its Chang Klan Branch through Tuesday,April 19. In other words we will reopen on Wednesday, April 20. Our bakery outlets at Nim City and Mee Chokwill remain open. Morituri te salutamus!!!

Everyone should only eat Thai food 3 meals a day - every day - as we are in Thailand.

However, it is against Thai culture to actually warn your customers that you will not be open. I hope that have leaned your lesson and convert the place into another mediocre noodle stand.

thai-flag.jpg

Everyone should only eat Thai food 3 meals a day - every day - as we are in Thailand.

However, it is against Thai culture to actually warn your customers that you will not be open. I hope that have leaned your lesson and convert the place into another mediocre noodle stand.

thai-flag.jpg

B is B does not know the meaning of the word mediocre.

I'm sure if they turned the place into a noodle stand, it would be with high quality whole wheat noodles. wink.gif

I sure hope it's open before the next meeting of the Expat's Club. We always enjoy dining at B is B after each Expats meeting and bringing home some potato salad, which I turn into our evening's main meal by mixing in sliced, hard cooked eggs, celery, sliced ham, dollop of French's mustard and serve with sprinkle of paprika and fresh parsley bits.. Hubby says it's more like my Mom's potato salad than what I've attempted to make following her recipe.

Anyway, maybe I deflected all the poison darts of the TV crowd away from B is B by bringing up the Expats Club in my posting!

OK UG, I think you know this, but just to explain. The Expats' Club meets at the Shangrila Hotel about 100 meters away from Butter is Better. Some of us like to dine out at restaurants in the area after the meeting is over around noon. And they have both Thai and western treats at the Expats Club meeting. With each cup of coffee/tea we get a couple of little western-style pastry morsels and free reign to select from a small buffet of cut tropical fruit. Just a nice little treat to hold off the hunger until we can get to Butter is Better after the meeting!