Mcfc V Mufc Wembley Fa Cup Semi-Final

MrRed

Not that i'm one to stoke any kind of fire but..........................:whistling:

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1417797_national-express-fill-nine-fa-cup-coaches-with-manchester-city-fans---and-just-one-with-united-supporters?rss=yes

National Express staff arranging special FA Cup semi-final services from Manchester to Wembley on Saturday have received bookings to fill NINE coaches for City fans - and just ONE coach for United supporters.

The company asked fans to say which club they supported before they reserved seats on services from the Chorlton Street station in Manchester.

Bosses were left stunned when they were inundated with requests from City fans – but received less than 50 from their cross-town rivals.

You can still get tickets for Saturday's big game at Wembley. We have teamed with National Express to offer five pairs of tickets for the FA Cup semi-final - pick up a copy of today's Manchester Evening News or click here to find out how to win them.

As a result, the single United coach will leave on Saturday morning.

But 30 minutes later a fleet of nine City coaches will follow suit.

A National Express source joked: “I suppose you could say it's 9-1 to City.

“We had a laugh about it in the office and everybody was saying it was because United fans weren't from Manchester.”

But the source admitted that there was another reason for United's poor turnout.

She said: “To be honest we find this a lot with United games. They are used to big occasions and the club are really efficient at organising trips so I think it's because a lot of their fans do that instead of travelling with us.”

Both clubs have sold out their 32,500 allocations and fans are making feverish preparations for the historic day.

For Blues fans without tickets, City are beaming back the action on a big screen to Eastlands.

Club bosses are opening the City Square complex at 3pm for the 5.15pm kick off.

They are charging fans £5 and under 16s £1 to take in the action and say the bar and café will be open.

The match is the first time the clubs have met at Wembley and the winner will meet the victor of the Bolton v Stoke semi which takes place at the same venue on Sunday.

A huge security operation has been launched to prevent trouble.

Police in London revealed warning letters have been sent out to 196 people, currently on Football Banning Orders, reminding them that if they attempt to breach their orders they will be arrested.

You can still get tickets for Saturday's big game at Wembley. We have teamed with National Express to offer five pairs of tickets for the FA Cup semi-final - pick up a copy of today's Manchester Evening News or click here to find out how to win them.

<BR class=clear>

just been confirmed on sky sports news united taking 29 coaches city 18,this cannot be true no united in manchester.

Mate reported that the M6 is Blue only.Very few rags,perhaps the majority are travelling from Manchester on the 29 coaches.The rest will be setting off later by tube train.;) It's a pity Tevez is not playing today.Could have shut up camel gob.

post-71415-0-12563400-1302949224_thumb.j

Mate reported that the M6 has Blue tears only.Very few rags,perhaps the majority are travelling from Manchester on the 29 coaches.The rest will be setting off later by tube train.;) It's a pity Tevez is not playing today.Could have shut up camel gob.

:whistling:

redrus

Both clubs have sold out their 32,500 allocations and fans are making feverish preparations for the historic day.

just been confirmed on sky sports news united taking 29 coaches city 18,this cannot be true no united in manchester.

Where is your link. Cos I can't see that on sky sports. Not that it matters, cos the above says it all. Both clubs have sold out their allocations. Anyway, 32,500 fans don't fit on 29 coaches. The rest of the reds will walk the short distance from home to the ground. ;)

i can't see how city win big games without tevez in the side, mancini just isn't cute enough tactically. expecting united to be pretty comfortable.

Unfortunately I've gotta agree with you stevie. But there is always hope in a one off game. Forever the optimist :D

i can't see how city win big games without tevez in the side, mancini just isn't cute enough tactically. expecting united to be pretty comfortable.

Unfortunately I've gotta agree with you stevie. But there is always hope in a one off game. Forever the optimist :D

city should have been so much better this season given their squad mate. mancini remains totally unconvincing - just think that with a really top manager city would have been genuinely challenging for the title this season and games like this they should be really fancying themselves against a pretty unspecial, and probably weakened, united side. united won't miss rooney as others will step up, city will miss tevez big time.

Mate reported that the M6 has Blue tears only.Very few rags,perhaps the majority are travelling from Manchester on the 29 coaches.The rest will be setting off later by tube train.;) It's a pity Tevez is not playing today.Could have shut up camel gob.

:whistling:

redrus

Tears of laughter on their return.Hard luck rag.

A very tired looking Man U. Had it not been Man City I would have said that they were not really that interested in the FA Cup if it was going to be difficult. They never tried to up the pace in the second half.

I was praying for an equaliser just to put them thru' another 30 minutes of grind :rolleyes:. Not a Man U hater - just want to maximise chances for Arsenal to sneak in. Weee there go those flying pigs again.

Distance to Piccadilly check it out ....we are closer :lol:

Mate don't spoil it for them it is all they have to hang on too,by there theory no team plays in london itself they all play outside central london,and united was formed in manchester unlike city formed in west gorton at that time not in manchester!

One team putting manchester on the map and you know who that is.

"Live round the corner....you only live round the corner......!" :D

Where is your link. Cos I can't see that on sky sports. Not that it matters, cos the above says it all. Both clubs have sold out their allocations. Anyway, 32,500 fans don't fit on 29 coaches. The rest of the reds will walk the short distance from home to the ground. ;)

I took the 1615 from Watford Junction to Euston today...it made an extra stop at Wembley Central due to the M1 &lt;deleted&gt;.

Plenty of fans on the platform havin' a singsong....maure asked the citeh fans for a song....that was the last I heard of 'em....

Make what you will....:whistling::D

city should have been so much better this season given their squad mate. mancini remains totally unconvincing - just think that with a really top manager city would have been genuinely challenging for the title this season and games like this they should be really fancying themselves against a pretty unspecial, and probably weakened, united side. united won't miss rooney as others will step up, city will miss tevez big time.

Stevie's the man yeah, Stevie knows it all....;)

I took the 1615 from Watford Junction to Euston today...it made an extra stop at Wembley Central due to the M1 &lt;deleted&gt;.

Plenty of fans on the platform havin' a singsong....maure asked the citeh fans for a song....that was the last I heard of 'em....

Make what you will....:whistling::D

Don't tell us, you wasn't going to watch T*ttingham ??

Of course you wasn't, nor will you go to watch them on Tuesday will you ?????????????????

2 bob

Of course you wasn't, nor will you go to watch them on Tuesday will you ?????????????????

2 bob

Of course not singher....but if there's a ticket available for Wednesday night I'm there 100%. :)

Or a season ticket if you can swing it....aye.

2 bob

Of course not singher....but if there's a ticket available for Wednesday night I'm there 100%. :)

Or a season ticket if you can swing it....aye.

How stupid do you feel singher baring in mind were not playing until Wednesday. Who sounds 2 bob now. :lol: :jap:

Well done City .....weatheread the early storm from United and one mistake was enough to give you the goal that you won it with! ladyluck was shining on you for sure.

Hope you go on and win it.....be about time ;)

Toure and Lescott played very well

Gutted.:(

Great win, and competant performance.

City controlled the game after the first 20 minutes.

We won the midfield battle... De Jong and Yaya against Scholes/Park/Carrick. They were both magnificent.

United were tired and had the heart ripped out of them in 2nd half.... no fight left. Totally one sided in the 2nd half.

I would prefer Bolton in the final.

Either way we now have a great, great chance to win something!!!

Champers on the beach today!!! ;)

Stevie's the man yeah, Stevie knows it all....;)

never claimed to m. delighted to be entirely wrong in this instance of course.

still think city should have been a lot better in the league than they have been this season.

oh and many congrats citizens.

Edited by StevieH

Well done City!

They were very well organised in defence and the midfield was far superior to Man U's.

Ya Ya Toure was absolutely brilliant............now if only they had a forward line, they could be an excellent team. rolleyes.gif

Someone said that Balotelli and Dzecko shouldn't be written off too soon.

I say they will not be in the City line up this time next year. Balotelli has something very wrong with his head (apart from his haircut) and Dzecko needs insoles to help alleviate his flat feet problem (yes I know he didn't play).

Well done City!

They were very well organised in defence and the midfield was far superior to Man U's.

Ya Ya Toure was absolutely brilliant............now if only they had a forward line, they could be an excellent team. rolleyes.gif

I say they will not be in the City line up this time next year. Balotelli has something very wrong with his head (apart from his haircut) and Dzecko needs insoles to help alleviate his flat feet problem (yes I know he didn't play).

If only we had Berbatov.:whistling:

Well done City!

If only we had Berbatov.:whistling:

I think you did last night. :)

Yes well done city!!

Could have been different if berbatov had took one of his chances we looked very tired 2nd half hope fergie can freshen the side for tuesday night. nev