Reentry Visa At Chiang Mai Airport?

femi fan

Yes they do, or should I say they did a year ago.No fuss took 10 minutes.Having said that best you check at the airport, not the sort of thing you want to get wrong.

Really?

Are you sure?

I know that BKK do but thats new about CNX !

Yes they do, or should I say they did a year ago.No fuss took 10 minutes.Having said that best you check at the airport, not the sort of thing you want to get wrong.

Interesting if they do.

I can't recall seeing a re-entry visa desk going through International departures, but it's always possible I may have missed it, as I wouldn't be looking for it.

Whereabouts is it actually located?

I saw the desk there most recently last month. I've never used it, because I always get a multiple reentry permit so I don't need one each trip, but the desk was certainly there and open, on your left just before you go through immigration.

I got a re-entry permit at the airport desk about a year ago. The only catch was, for an airport-issued re-entry permit to be valid you had to be traveling on the day the stamp was placed in your passport. The guy who gave me the stamp wasn't aware of that apparently, because when I went to leave the next day I was told the re-entry permit I had was no good anymore & had to make a quick dash to the main immigration office about an hour before boarding.

because when I went to leave the next day I was told the re-entry permit I had was no good anymore & had to make a quick dash to the main immigration office about an hour before boarding.

Curious. A re-entry permit is valid until the expiration date of your extension of stay...

Unless they stamped "used" over the stamp, how could the stamp be "no good?" Did they stamp "used" as you passed thru Immigration to board? Or what?

Really?

Are you sure?

I know that BKK do but thats new about CNX !

Well seeing as the guy stamped the re entry in my pasport I am quite sure!!!! For peace of mind many may prefer to do it at the Imm Office days prior as you know things change here wihout rhyme or reason.

I asked this when i did my 90 day reporting a coupla weeks ago - the guy said reentry cannot be done at airport anymore. So I joined another que and did it there and then. He said if you arrive at airport without reentry stamp, they either send you to immigration, or you void your visa.

Was thinking of mentioning it on TV at the time, but figured someone else would have already.

I thought i'd seen a desk recently! It does make sense there should be one, but i know that's not a reason for it to actually be there.

I did manage to go into imm today and get the reentry done in about ten minutes, so well happy with that result.

• 4 months later...

anyone gotten a re-entry permit at the airport in CM when leaving on an international flight, lately?

When I was leaving in the evening three months ago, I noticed there was a desk with a re-entry sign on it.

Thought I'd go check it out, but it remained busy for as long as I was waiting in the departure queue,

perhaps serving out a re-entry permit.

Get it when you do your extension, already at immigration

thanks for the last 2 replies. Yes, i plan to go to get it at immigration today, but was just wondering as i have friends who travel in and out quite a bit and they had never heard of such a desk, or ever noticed it at the airport.

went to immigration this morning. Arrived at 10:30, my number was called 10 minutes later for re-entry permit. They took my papers/money and then waited 1/2 hour for processing.

Asked about re-entry permit desk at CM airport and was told by the officer that the service at the airport had been terminated.

Shame if the desk at the airport has gone. I used it in April and it was quick, efficient and a life saver since I'd forgotten to get a re-entry permit and would have lost my retirement extension. Suspect that they never publicised it so it didn't get used - it's not as if you'd turn up on the off chance, is it? Usual short term thinking. :(

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Yep, I did it on December 28th for a flight to Luang Prabang. The desk is on the left as soon as you have passed the first xray baggage check. They were very helpful and fast. I hate doing it, though, as I'm always afraid it will be closed.... I asked, and they assured me that if the airport was open for international flights, then the desk would be open.

Thanks for posting. If I fly outside of Thailand before my 90 reporting date does this mean I don't need to report?

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

correct....and IF you have a reentry visa, your next 90 day report would be due 90 days from stamp-in date (to thailand)

• 1 month later...