Can People Really Be This Stupid?

nicolas18

A popular trend on this forum seems to be about ferang beggers and how low these scum bags are. Yet here we have a guy who is probably hovering around the poverty line but trying to do something about it - and he gets tagged with being a stupid idiot.

I often think that to many posters on this forum, if you are not working in the CBD on a seven figure salary you are not worthy of being here.

Fair play to the guy. He knows the gamble involved and is simply trying to get by and earn a living. If he gets arrested its hardly going to be a 10 year stretch in Bang Kwang prison is it?

Who cares anyway?

I agree which is why my post is so generic..

Even though I dont think this applies to the person the OP is mentioning (well, you never know...):

How many thousands of luk krungs are there in Thailand that looks like farangs...? That said, how do one know just by looking at someone that they are not Thais...?

Do you really think the police give a fk about a guy selling sandwiches?

Cocaine maybe but bloody sandwiches!

Why are you so concerned?

Why are newbies so scared of the Thai police?

Maybe the guy has 'connections'.

you were saying ..........? :whistling:

Do you really think the police give a fk about a guy selling sandwiches?

Cocaine maybe but bloody sandwiches!

Why are you so concerned?

Why are newbies so scared of the Thai police?

Maybe the guy has 'connections'.

If other food vendors or restaurants in the vicinity think he is infringing on their business, you can bet your bouncing booty the police will care.

Personally, I suspect Arthur Dent.

Have to wonder if the sandwich is acting as a loosely-knot metaphor guised as dumbfoundedness.;)

Are you a Thai guy who's using an electronic translator in order to convert Thai into English? If you are, you ought to be aware that your device needs new batteries.

The BiB will give a fk, if they think they can make some money out of him.......:whistling:

As regards newbies being scared of the Thai police.....I am not a newbie and I am very wary of Thailand finest, as for the most part they are a bunch of "legalised" bandits.

It is very naive to think of them as fine up holders to law and order in Thailand... honesty, integrity and duty dones not appear anywhere in the BiB's training manual

As regards the gentleman selling sandwiches at a BTS station is rather stupid if he is not "authorised" to do so as he is drawing attention to himself and all it will take is somebody to complain and he may be getting publicity for his "business" he doesnt want.....:rolleyes:

The police are just smart. They know that he doesn't have any money now it they arrest him. It would just be a lot of paper work for them. They will wait until he actually starts to make money and has a group of customers. THEN they will bust him. :whistling:

+1

Same with the taxi drivers; they have to pay a 'fee' to the police to ensure they don't get pulled for something. Its a monthly fee; you pay your fee and then don't need to pay any fines for the month. Welcome to Thailand...

Mai Chai springs to mind. Perhaps on a certain couple of stretches of road this may be the case, but that 'fee' does not cover them anywhere but that individual road.

I was doing the walk of shame 4 or so months ago, along the odd numbered side of lower Sukhumvit late at night. There was a British guy serving drinks from behind 'him and his gf's drinks stall' she was nowhere in sight, he reckoned he worked there every night with no work permit and on a tourist visa! Was this guy with the Sandwiches from the south of the UK by any chance? He's maybe diversifying :blink:

Why anyone thinks that they can plumb the depths of stupidity is beyond me. Einstein once said "Nothing is infinite but space and stupidity" although he, or I, may have been making that up.

Allow me to pick a nit but for a reason -- what he actually said (supposedlY) was "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -- which is even better.

But I couldn't agree more with your first sentence above.

I often think that to many posters on this forum, if you are not working in the CBD on a seven figure salary you are not worthy of being here.

I've had the same impression many time - but not just here but among the expat community. Even when I was doing pretty da_n well I found it offensively elitist and just plain stoopit (Especially as many of those same highly paid expats are sent here by their company, given accommodation/ driver/maid and so on, never learn Thai and basically have to do very little of what it takes to make your way here when you don't have everything provided for you -- what makes them superior to the guy who does it all on his own but maybe doesn't make as much?).

Just like a driver’s license, you only need a work permit if asked for one.

:rolleyes:

TH

Thats quite a misleading comment. Before I had a drivers licence I was asked to produce one on about 20 different occasions, each time I showed a divers licence, not once was there a problem. If on the other hand someone was asked to produce a work permit / passport and they failed to do so, they'd likely end up in a cell and 200 baht or a divers licence would not solve the issue.

Edited by JohnnyFeelIt

The BiB will give a fk, if they think they can make some money out of him.......:whistling:

As regards newbies being scared of the Thai police.....I am not a newbie and I am very wary of Thailand finest, as for the most part they are a bunch of "legalised" bandits.

It is very naive to think of them as fine up holders to law and order in Thailand... honesty, integrity and duty dones not appear anywhere in the BiB's training manual

As regards the gentleman selling sandwiches at a BTS station is rather stupid if he is not "authorised" to do so as he is drawing attention to himself and all it will take is somebody to complain and he may be getting publicity for his "business" he doesnt want.....:rolleyes:

The police are just smart. They know that he doesn't have any money now it they arrest him. It would just be a lot of paper work for them. They will wait until he actually starts to make money and has a group of customers. THEN they will bust him. :whistling:

I think he's an undercover cop

SC

I believe this time is already beginning it's cycle of stench. Mark my words, the period of "easy-street" is disappearing for the broader Farang community whom wish to reside here, and desire to gather legitimacy through every sort of fabricated and bogus employment. Policies towards foreigners in general are fast becoming a reality. Those of us that have witnessed this flim-flammery for decades can only find enlightenment towards the Thai way of doing things. The blade will fall soon. A cleansing of useless and rat-arsed Farang types, who are a general burden on good society, will soon have it's merit........

Edited by Phil Conners
quote from deleted post removed

I believe this time is already beginning it's cycle of stench. Mark my words, the period of "easy-street" is disappearing for the broader Farang community whom wish to reside here, and desire to gather legitimacy through every sort of fabricated and bogus employment. Policies towards foreigners in general are fast becoming a reality. Those of us that have witnessed this flim-flammery for decades can only find enlightenment towards the Thai way of doing things. The blade will fall soon. A cleansing of useless and rat-arsed Farang types, who are a general burden on good society, will soon have it's merit........

I feel flattered that you have singled me out for such specific commentary.

Were it my own, I would assess your post as five Kilkennies, based on the implicit references, but that could be affected by the deleted quoted post.

SC

I want to nominate DP25's first comment in this thread for an award.

It hits the spot for pithy, humorous one liners.

( Cheeky buggar )

Please pick up your NEW Mercedes keys at 4pm today, at Pattaya City Hall.

God help your students....guess at your recent TEFL training course they never taught you how to compose a coherant sentance in English, or did you miss that day....:whistling:

Have you considered an alternative occupation....maybe selling sandwiches at a BTS station....:rolleyes:

Edited by Soutpeel

TEFL , lol, you've gotta be kidding, teaching english to kids or adults, nah,

just realised I don't want to give away the secret.

my vocation is more in transportable culinary /gastronomic delights, but did not realise I had become a star

God help your students....guess at your recent TEFL training course they never taught you how to compose a coherant sentance in English, or did you miss that day....:whistling:

Have you considered an alternative occupation....maybe selling sandwiches at a BTS station....:rolleyes:

:cheesy:

OP, you might be correct in your assumption. You may very well be incorrect. But the fact is you have NO IDEA what this guy's situation is. No need to call him stupid, IMO...

(And Street Cowboy is forever my hero wub.gif:D)

Edited by SadieMBeagle