International Q-Tips

happyrobert

Ran out of Q-Tips so went all the way into town to buy some.

They were out of the usual, the ones with the heavy-duty white stems, so I bought some with yellow stems.

How could I go wrong? Just one look at the package and one can tell it promised to be an outstanding product.

But, nope, bend all over the place when you get 'em only started in the ears, and I finally threw them in the garbage.

I'd like to write a letter and get my 12 baht back.

Anyone living in any of the listed cities verify the address of one of those offices/showrooms?

post-114240-0-98317200-1303208345_thumb.

Edited by happyrobert

Do some research on this...Q tips should not be used INSIDE your ear, same with toothpicks, hair pins or ear spoons. This is from the web site of the manufacturer of Q Tips:

“Q-Tips cotton swabs have more cotton at the tip* than any other swab, making them the safest, softest and gentlest tool you can use for family care. They also provide the ultimate precision, making them the perfect tool for uses outside your ear.” (I added the italics to the word, “outside”).

I went to the doc a few years ago with my Dad who was having problems with his ear. Guess what. The doc pulled out a bunch of cotton stuck to ear wax. And then went on to chastise my father for using them in his ear. Here's one quote from a website discussion this:

First, STOP using Q-tips in your ears. They do more damage than good. Never put another Q-tip in your ears!!!!!! EVER! People using Q-tips can create infections, or do damage, by pushing them in too far. Q-tips are not meant for cleaning the ears.* They can pack earwax deeper into the ear canal, and aggravate the thin skin of the ear canal, causing it to “weep” or bleed.

Now, you may have damaged your ears, or they may just be plugged with wax. You must go see a doctor, if not your own, go to a walk in clinic. The wax that is in your ears may be pushed all the way down to the ear drum. The doctor will clean out your ears, the right way. Again, a Q-tip will not clean out your ears. Good luck and let me know what happens after the doctor.

Another point to take into consideration:

The real McCoy Qtips are probably sterilised. I doubt if these cheapo imitations are sterilised and you could be doing more harm than good by inserting these things in your ears or other cavities and orifices where people like to stick them

clearly another example of anti-farang sentiment which pervades Thailand these days.

Well, hell, thanks Samran, that's a start!

By the way, your avatar looks just like my ex-father-in-law in Issan. Even has the same mannerisms!

clearly another example of anti-farang sentiment which pervades Thailand these days.

By the way, your avatar looks just like my ex-father-in-law in Issan. Even has the same mannerisms!

I am your ex-father in law. Got good at English since we last spoke.

:w00t:

:w00t:

And am on the way over with my daughter. You can have her back...we are sick of her and her whining...

Edited by samran