Living Room-Air Con Measurement

Hi all

Im going to the Air con shop and will be looking to buy several Aircon for the living room and bed rooms .

I notice that some brands sells from a range of 12000 THB 25000 + THB

I need to know how do they measure up ? Average Price ? BTU ? etc

Should i get a Brand new or Second Hand ?

Need to know something before u go to the shop

Living Room : 55 SQM

Bed Room 25SQM

You get what you pay for - cheap brands like Union Air and Central Air work OK of course but quality is low and they are noisy. When air conditioners get old, they don't work very efficiently any longer and that puts a heavy dent in the electricity bill. Cheap air conditioners get old quicker than high quality brands

My old 2* Union Air (12,000 + 20,000 BTU) that I bought over 10 years ago started off fine with electricity bills at home varying from 1,300 bath per month during the winter up to 2,600 bath per month in the summer. 10 years later I had 2,500 bath winter and 4,000 bath plus summer. Do I use them a lot? No. Do I like cold? No. I paid attention to how much I used them and made sure it was approx the same as before and checked the meter during a couple of months and with everything approx. the same - yepp, electricity bill had doubled. Same home, one newer slightly bigger refrigerator, bulbs everywhere replaced with with more energy efficient type, that's all

What brand? Depends on how long you plan to use them. Name brand if you plan to use them for many years of course. Buy Inverter type as they take much less electricity

I looked around a lot and finally decided for the Saijo Denki (high quality Thai brand) grand hybrids (uses water to pre-cool air). Excellent ACs which will return the initial investment over several years, but expensive. Cheapest at SiamMitsu in Bangkapi (they have a website www.SiamMitsu.com). Saijo Denki is not normally stocked so must pay 50% when order, the rest when installed. I just transferred money via ATM to a private Bangkok Bank account - no problems at all :)

BTU? Jesus you have big rooms. That's going to cost. 55 SQM is best taken care of by 2 units. 25 SQM and I'm not sure 12,000 BTU is going to be enough. Not only that it takes longer to get the room cool if you have too weak air cons, it's also that the compressor must run more often and that is not cost efficient in the long run

Good Luck

Edited by MikeyIdea