Thai Couple Arrested For Offering 'Swinging Service'

webfact

Please tell me what this has to do with Nana, Cowboy, Patpong. From what I have seen, the women who work there are on a salary, are free to come and go as they please

Have to disagree with this, and I will probably cop some flak for saying this but many of the women who work in those areas are forced into it by family (mostly Thai boyfriends/husbands) are drug addicts and/or indebted to different criminal groups, thus have no choice but to prostitute themselves in the bars. It certainly appears on face value the way you describe, but that's for a reason and so customers are not put off.

As for salaries they are not on even minimum wage and rely on drinks (to which there is a minimum requirement per night/week/month depending on the bar and failure to meet this requirement results in the wage being docked as do other infractions such as tardiness) and fees for their services to make ends meet.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me what this has to do with Nana, Cowboy, Patpong. From what I have seen, the women who work there are on a salary, are free to come and go as they please

Have to disagree with this, and I will probably cop some flak for saying this but many of the women who work in those areas are forced into it by family (mostly Thai boyfriends/husbands) are drug addicts and/or indebted to different criminal groups, thus have no choice but to prostitute themselves in the bars. It certainly appears on face value the way you describe, but that's for a reason and so customers are not put off.

As for salaries they are not on even minimum wage and rely on drinks (to which there is a minimum requirement per night/week/month depending on the bar and failure to meet this requirement results in the wage being docked as do other infractions such as tardiness) and fees for their services to make ends meet.

so you have been there? Jokin' .....haha.....

then all dirty old Farangs(pedophiles) should be ashamed ................. stickin' their ar***se 'round bar beers supporting these red-light businesses..........huuuuuuuuuuuuu.................

Next they will introduce Sharia law...

I cannot believe these people have been named and shamed!

As said before, some may find this distasteful or perverse but I don't see how they are breaking the law any more than the hundreds of karaoke and ladybars.

Reminds me more of Malaysia every day. Next they will be outlawing sex outside of marriage. Perhaps wearing the burka will help?

Hypocrisy is just becoming a way of life in this wonderful enlightened country.

FYI, Thailand is not an Islamic country; so no burka no sharia applies :rolleyes:

Even in Pattaya you see burkas and headscarves.

As said before, some may find this distasteful or perverse but I don't see how they are breaking the law any more than the hundreds of karaoke and ladybars.

Reminds me more of Malaysia every day. Next they will be outlawing sex outside of marriage. Perhaps wearing the burka will help?

FYI, Thailand is not an Islamic country; so no burka no sharia applies :rolleyes:

So what?

And the fever when I'm beside her

Desire

Desire

which one? Can you please name it? I'm hoppin' 'round tonite .......

Edited by dunkin2012

The line in the O/P about the defendant saying they just wanted 'travel expenses' covered as they were comin' from up-country kinda reminds me of a shirt I saw a Thai girl wearing as she was comin' outta Nana Plaza a few years back, it said;

!! Boom-Boom FREE !!

(taxi money 2000 Baht!)

It is possible she suffers from nymphomania whereby the husband finds it hard to keep it up 4 or 5 times or more a day. Maybe they wanted to make a video which they could sell. It did not say what they are actually being charged with although I assume prostitution.

Obviously you do not know much about mentality of most of men in Thailand.

Many Thai man would never have agreed to admit that they are unable to meet the needs of their wives (in sex) because it will be loss of face, honor and pride.

So many times you will hear fairy tales, flaunts about their ability to simultaneously have the more than one woman, mia noi, because they want to leave the impression that they are potent and may to take care all of them (material way). Which is fake and lie, of course.

However, for this guy it was way out of situation and better he show all in this way, to cover that he is somly said a PIMP and nothing else.

If he didn't say lie about her "nymphomania" the penalty would be much harder for him.

The risk of loss the face as man is cheaper and is profitable for him than to be alleged for pandering and sexual trafficking.

Simply said cowardice. :angry:

As for Nana, Cowboy etcetera, what goes on there may be distasteful to some but does not fall into the category of forced prostitution as far as I know.

lol? You cannot be serious.

From wikipedia:

Human trafficking

Thailand is listed by the UNODC as both a top destination for victims of human trafficking and a major source of trafficked persons.[43]

A proportion of prostitutes over the age of 18, including foreign nationals from Asia and Europe, are in a state of forced sexual servitude and slavery.[44]

There are reports of bribe taking by some low- or mid-level police officers facilitating the most severe forms of trafficking in persons.[3]

Ethnic minorities such as northern hill tribe peoples, many of whom do not have legal status in the country, are at a disproportionately high risk for trafficking internally and abroad. Within the country women are trafficked from the impoverished northeast and the north toBangkok for sexual exploitation.

Please tell me what this has to do with Nana, Cowboy, Patpong. From what I have seen, the women who work there are on a salary, are free to come and go as they please, and are Thai nationals. Clearly a large portion of them are there due to serious economic pressures and they hardly have enviable lives, but I doubt any serious person who has any more than a passing familiarity with what goes on there would assert that any significant number of them are "forced" to be there by threat of violence or other vile techniques used by human traffickers. Lumping them in with true victims of human trafficking is simply not an accurate characterization of their situation. Have you ever been to any of these places and actually conversed with any of the women who work there?

A MINORITY of women go into prostitution willingly.

The ones who are forced - Once they become prostitutes, the good money helps keep them there. This is a fact in Thailand.

NGOs have for many years tried to get these women out of prostitution, without any results and have now started focusing on helping them prevent AIDS and other diseases as well as try to encourage rural women to get education and better jobs. Has the thought ever occured to you that some of the child prostitutes, maybe later on end up at places like Soi Cowboy because they have become accustomed to the prostitute lifestyle and its all they know?

Again, its a vast minority of women who willingly get into prostitution.

It could be that the police suspected that this was a case of forced prostitution where the husband was the pimp. The woman's statement contradicts this and there may be no other evidence that this is the case, but if that is indeed what the police suspected then at least give them credit for trying to do the right thing for once. As for Nana, Cowboy etcetera, what goes on there may be distasteful to some but does not fall into the category of forced prostitution as far as I know.

I know two girls at CB, both early 20's, who gave up work across the street in Topps and Robinsons (on corner of Asoke)........ certainly nothing forced with these 2, and they are quite smart, good (gramatically correct) english..... their story could be BS but it is credible to me......

Edited by corkman

Travel for 2...meals....rented room...more meals...travel back.........condoms...bottle of booze to share......2000-2500 bt ?..... altogether........profit...minimal......

Correct; it's 400-500 km one way to Bangkok from Chumpon; 1,000 up and down + meals/drinks/hotel room

Baht 500/pp x 3 is Baht 1,500 for all that hassle.:blink:

The couple deserves the Nobel Prize for Modesty in prostitution country #1 in the world.

What a world :rolleyes:

LaoPo

The activity described sounds more like a gang bang and technically indeed pimping and prostitution.

In regular swinging several consenting couples are involved.

Okay then so what is wrong with a gang bang if all participants are willing and enjoy it? Again it is private and up to the individuals concerned so just live and let live, no need for legislation about it by some narrow minded bigotted politicians. Also as somebody said it is often nothing about the man being inadequate and not satisfying his wife/partner but because he may actually enjoy watching or knowing his wife is being screwed and she in such cases usually finds it a turn on too whether or not her husband is getting it off with another consenting lady. All this happens all over the world and is not particularly abnormal these days (or in the past but folk were too shy to talk about it) so what the hell is all the fuss about?

To me there is also absolutely nothing wrong with prostitution (although I accept that is illegal here and many countries) but only in my eyes if both parties are doing it willingly for an agreed price, so both gain from it and if discreet should not affect others. I do however detest pimps and forced prostitution whether by family or pimps who should be locked away for a long time. If I was a Thai lady I would much rather sell my sexual assets than work 12 hours a day say in a chicken skinning factory or in the paddy fields but would insist on being able to choose my customers as indeed most Thai ladies of the second category already do. Personally I do not even consider a guy taking the occasional prostitute just for fun enjoyable sex as being unfaithful to his wife, more like having a different beer or food and is not challenging his love and feelings for his wife. A man can have many sexual partners so the sooner everyone accepts that the better and leave it up to each individual as to what he wants and needs in life without anyone being forced into anything and hopefully without hurting their real life partners. I know myself and know I can screw a bar girl for say an hour if I feel in the mood yet still love and never want to leave my wife, sex and emotions are two different things. I am sure I am not the only one hmmm ??

The activity described sounds more like a gang bang and technically indeed pimping and prostitution.

In regular swinging several consenting couples are involved.

Okay then so what is wrong with a gang bang if all participants are willing and enjoy it? Again it is private and up to the individuals concerned so just live and let live, no need for legislation about it by some narrow minded bigotted politicians. Also as somebody said it is often nothing about the man being inadequate and not satisfying his wife/partner but because he may actually enjoy watching or knowing his wife is being screwed and she in such cases usually finds it a turn on too whether or not her husband is getting it off with another consenting lady. All this happens all over the world and is not particularly abnormal these days (or in the past but folk were too shy to talk about it) so what the hell is all the fuss about?

To me there is also absolutely nothing wrong with prostitution (although I accept that is illegal here and many countries) but only in my eyes if both parties are doing it willingly for an agreed price, so both gain from it and if discreet should not affect others. I do however detest pimps and forced prostitution whether by family or pimps who should be locked away for a long time. If I was a Thai lady I would much rather sell my sexual assets than work 12 hours a day say in a chicken skinning factory or in the paddy fields but would insist on being able to choose my customers as indeed most Thai ladies of the second category already do. Personally I do not even consider a guy taking the occasional prostitute just for fun enjoyable sex as being unfaithful to his wife, more like having a different beer or food and is not challenging his love and feelings for his wife. A man can have many sexual partners so the sooner everyone accepts that the better and leave it up to each individual as to what he wants and needs in life without anyone being forced into anything and hopefully without hurting their real life partners. I know myself and know I can screw a bar girl for say an hour if I feel in the mood yet still love and never want to leave my wife, sex and emotions are two different things. I am sure I am not the only one hmmm ??

right... sex and emotion ARE different things - a little less sure about the 'unfaithful' bit - it is unfaithful but millions do it and so what?

The bottom line is, now that the man has claimed his wife was simply hot to trot and the wife has confirmed she was not forced, what are the police going to do with it? Thus far, we don't know...

I agree with Lao Po's comment above. If it was intended as prostitution, they do deserve the Nobel Prostitution prize... B)

Now that their photo has been splashed all over the papers, the police ought to let them go back to Chumphon and get on with their lives...

There's fish to be sold up there...or clams at least...

As for Nana, Cowboy etcetera, what goes on there may be distasteful to some but does not fall into the category of forced prostitution as far as I know.

lol? You cannot be serious.

From wikipedia:

Human trafficking

Thailand is listed by the UNODC as both a top destination for victims of human trafficking and a major source of trafficked persons.[43]

A proportion of prostitutes over the age of 18, including foreign nationals from Asia and Europe, are in a state of forced sexual servitude and slavery.[44]

There are reports of bribe taking by some low- or mid-level police officers facilitating the most severe forms of trafficking in persons.[3]

Ethnic minorities such as northern hill tribe peoples, many of whom do not have legal status in the country, are at a disproportionately high risk for trafficking internally and abroad. Within the country women are trafficked from the impoverished northeast and the north toBangkok for sexual exploitation.

Please tell me what this has to do with Nana, Cowboy, Patpong. From what I have seen, the women who work there are on a salary, are free to come and go as they please, and are Thai nationals. Clearly a large portion of them are there due to serious economic pressures and they hardly have enviable lives, but I doubt any serious person who has any more than a passing familiarity with what goes on there would assert that any significant number of them are "forced" to be there by threat of violence or other vile techniques used by human traffickers. Lumping them in with true victims of human trafficking is simply not an accurate characterization of their situation. Have you ever been to any of these places and actually conversed with any of the women who work there?

A MINORITY of women go into prostitution willingly.

The ones who are forced - Once they become prostitutes, the good money helps keep them there. This is a fact in Thailand.

NGOs have for many years tried to get these women out of prostitution, without any results and have now started focusing on helping them prevent AIDS and other diseases as well as try to encourage rural women to get education and better jobs. Has the thought ever occured to you that some of the child prostitutes, maybe later on end up at places like Soi Cowboy because they have become accustomed to the prostitute lifestyle and its all they know?

Again, its a vast minority of women who willingly get into prostitution.

Prostitution is not a job of last resort for Thai women to survive. A local can easily live with very little money in the Land of Smiles, especially in the rural parts of this country (most prostitutes in Thailand come from Isaan). In the poor villages, you don't need more than 3000 baht per month, but that's when you don't buy non-essential items. Of course, it's not a very comfortable life (their houses are often rudimentary), but most of them are quite happy and have enough food (most of them have rice, fruits, chicken, they go fishing, etc.).

Before becoming prostitutes, the local girls often worked in regular jobs, as a farm girl, or in a factory, or as an employee in a restaurant, in a small shop, in a 7-Eleven or in a supermarket, for instance. They probably did not earn much more than 6000 or 7000 baht per month before becoming a prostitute, but that's already sufficient for a local to live a decent enough life in this country.

But of course, it doesn't allow them to buy often many non-essential items. The average Thai prostitute spends a great part of her earnings in non-essential things (she also sends a substantial part of her money to her family, though, but her family often uses a non-negligible part of this money to buy non-essential items too). For instance, the average local prostitute would buy a new cellular phone every three months or so only because she can afford it and to show it to her "friends". The local prostitutes also gamble a lot and are often meta-amphetamines (ยาบ้า = "ya ba") consumers, again, because they can afford it, but those are certainly not essential needs.

I know that many local girls go into prostitution willingly in Thailand... But it's true that they don't have many other opportunities if they want to quickly earn much more than the national average wage. In the poor villages of Isaan, they don't have the same chances than in other parts of Thailand: they usually have the worst teachers, those teachers work with very little means, etc.

Actually, if the girls from Isaan are "forced into prostution", it's mainly by the government who doesn't do much to improve the local education system (among many other reasons).

Edited by GuyL

It was not swinging... It was Gangbang. But like always... "Same same... But different". B) I still it´s not prostitution, they are a couple enjoying a bit more than having sex only in the missionary and perhaps doggy. I guess they wanted to enjoy this once and see if they liked it as she did a couple of years ago. Instead of everyone in their village to know about their fantasies they advertised in Bangkok and wanted a few Baht for the traveling expenses. I just don´t see the point! Instead the Police should ask the 55yr old, 130kg man and his 19yr old "girlfriend" how they met.nothing wrong being a bit chubby and love can find its way and shapes, but that "sounds a bit fishy"... :thumbsup:

The bottom line is, now that the man has claimed his wife was simply hot to trot and the wife has confirmed she was not forced, what are the police going to do with it? Thus far, we don't know...

I agree with Lao Po's comment above. If it was intended as prostitution, they do deserve the Nobel Prostitution prize... B)

Now that their photo has been splashed all over the papers, the police ought to let them go back to Chumphon and get on with their lives...

There's fish to be sold up there...or clams at least...

Maybe she can accuse the police of infringing on her right to privacy, in the same way that someone is going to be hung out to dry for videoing the topless dancers in Silom, for infringing on their rights.

Nothing strange here.

there is more and more evidence that the "standard narrative" of one man one woman for life is prehistorically inaccurate. And it's our prehistorical evolution which makes us what we are today.

Ever wondered why women make lots of noise during sex?

Why they are the only great ape with large pendulous breasts?

Why the man rolls over bored after coming?

Ever looked into the numbers of extra-couple impregnations....you'd be amazed

These and more suggest it's natural for a woman to want more than one man, and there's a lot more that suggests that surprisingly the man gets off on watching it too.

Suggested reading Sex at Dawn look it up there's lots on the net about it....

5 men all for herself, sellfish indeed.

try and ask her to take 6...then

Yes she can.

There is a special promotion on this week.

Pay for 5 and she will let another one have a go for free.

I heard also that since the publication of this article on Thai visa, business at the swingers' club has increase by 2000 %.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Nothing strange here.

there is more and more evidence that the "standard narrative" of one man one woman for life is prehistorically inaccurate. And it's our prehistorical evolution which makes us what we are today.

These and more suggest it's natural for a woman to want more than one man, and there's a lot more that suggests that surprisingly the man gets off on watching it too.

Suggested reading Sex at Dawn look it up there's lots on the net about it....

Nothing strange here.

YES

YES

NO

NO

These and more suggest it's natural for a woman to want more than one man, and there's a lot more that suggests that surprisingly the man gets off on watching it too. I`ve never had the good fortune to meet any.

After reading your post, I have become completely bored with my mundane sex life and have decided that my life`s not worth living.

The powers that be profit handsomely on the bar trade,

and when the girls go freelance the cut of each transaction does not go upstream. So, any wonder that those that control or regulate for profit the bar trade make a big show of hanging these little fish out to dry? Ok girls stay within the system or we stomp on you.

Of course this might be problematic for this oversexed lady to work in the bar trade to get her jollies. The other ladies might not like her taking 5 men on the cheap and them getting none for the regular fee.

Edited by animatic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

They crack down on this but Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy go full speed ahead. It confuses me!blink.gif

and long may they do so - if they closed nana, cowboy and pattaya bars - the visitor figures to Thailand would be slightly behind Huddersfield in terms of numbers!!

Remember!! Whether youre in denial or not - Thailand IS built on rice and sex!!

If the ladies high tailed it to (S)Huddersfield methinks that Thailand would come a very poor second in the tourist stakes. If I remember correctly 'Uddersfield boasts a railway station the architectural equal of any wat and then there are those dark satanic mills that must be visited. You may be assured that the whippets, cloth caps, clogs and parkin freely available from friendly pavement traders will be the genuine article, and swimming lessons in t'canal great value for money. Forget crappy Thai food, savour the delight of Yorkshire pudding with onion gravy before tucking in to a gargantuan feast of roast beef, baked potatoes, carrots and Brussel sprouts all washed down with a glass of dandelion and burdock. If visitors get their timing right they may be fortunate enough to witness the terror on the local folk's faces when there's trouble at t'mill.