90 Day Report By Mail - My First Try

90 day report sent on April 4, 7 days before the due date, by EMS with appropriate documents including return envelope stamped with 10 Baht. Received the slip back today April 20. Return envelope was stamped April 18. Passport copies were returned and a blank TM 47 included. Contrary to some posts here there was no notice that the report could be sent earlier than 7 days before the due date.

Edited by lothda

Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days

I read that as a minimum time rather than a set time. Believe they want it to get to them by the due date and give 7 days before to allow that. Do not believe they mind it being sent a few days earlier.

The change reported was for in person reporting in that the window is now 15 days before to 7 days after.

Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days

I read that as a minimum time rather than a set time. Believe they want it to get to them by the due date and give 7 days before to allow that. Do not believe they mind it being sent a few days earlier.

The change reported was for in person reporting in that the window is now 15 days before to 7 days after.

I was referring to this post:

A friend of mine did his 90 day report by post to Bangkok Immigration recently, and when they returned the slip, there was a note saying he should do it 10 days in advance in future.

I didn't get that note.

Good luck mate, I rang them just over two weeks wnen it had not come back, they said it might take two months. When I rang after two months went by they told me I should have gone to the office with passport and ems receipt after TWO WEKEKS, shambles. They do tell me not to bother getting a police report that it is lost, but whats the betting next time I go thye WILL ask for a report and send me off to the police station. By post is too much trouble, seems it will get lost at some time.

You did use Bangkok?

Suspect as with most such papers they have a limited quantity printed up and then have to wait to get more. Believe it was to insure arrival before due date.

Yes, that was Bangkok Immigration. It would be so easy to update their website. It still says to send a return envelope with a 5 Baht stamp.

Good luck mate, I rang them just over two weeks wnen it had not come back, they said it might take two months. When I rang after two months went by they told me I should have gone to the office with passport and ems receipt after TWO WEKEKS, shambles. They do tell me not to bother getting a police report that it is lost, but whats the betting next time I go thye WILL ask for a report and send me off to the police station. By post is too much trouble, seems it will get lost at some time.

Cannot find the post right now but there is at least one experience that the EMS receipt of sending the TM 47 was accepted as proof of a 90 day report instead of the proper slip which didn't arrive. That was at Bangkok Immigration. Additionally you can use the EMS tracking feature and print out proof that the report arrived at Immigration. Why police report? You didn't loose it, so it's not your problem.

As an aside, they even show a video in English in the 90 day office at Bangkok Immigration explaining exactly how to do report by mail. So it's not like some obscure option.

Edited by lothda

Does the 90 day period start from the actual date that the person shows up or from the nominal date shown in the passport/form?

I ask, because in the first case, showing up earlier would cut short the 90 day period.

Showing up later on the other hand would stretch the period.

Cannot find the post right now but there is at least one experience that the EMS receipt of sending the TM 47 was accepted as proof of a 90 day report instead of the proper slip which didn't arrive. That was at Bangkok Immigration. Additionally you can use the EMS tracking feature and print out proof that the report arrived at Immigration. Why police report? You didn't loose it, so it's not your problem.

As an aside, they even show a video in English in the 90 day office at Bangkok Immigration explaining exactly how to do report by mail. So it's not like some obscure option.

Ems receipts have changed no longer the green slip with the address on it just a number, I am sure you are right though. The return part is the week link in the chain ours was sent back on feb 25th. Actually the staff are usually great and come in for far to much negative comment, they don't make the rules up (usually)