90 Day Address Reporting Regulation Change

Did my 90 day address reporting at Bangkok Immigration (Cheang Wattana) this morning. When the immigration officer handed me the address report receipt she (and she spoke good English) said a person can now report up to 15 calendar days before and up to 7 calendar days after. I said, Oh, it's changed...no longer up to 7 days before or 7 days after? She said Yes, a regulation change had occurred. I don't see any announcement/news about this on their web site (not that I really expected to see anything or something will eventually appear).

So, this regulation change now gives a 23 day reporting window when reporting "in person"...up to 15 days before, the actual date due, and up to 7 days after (15+1+7=23). This reporting change should come in-handy for folks who may need to report a couple weeks early for whatever reason, and without having to justify the early reporting.

After I left, I wish I had asked if the regulation change applied to all immigration offices and if any change had also occurred for "mail-in" reporting. I'm going to assume this reporting "in-person" regulation change applies to all immigration offices in Thailand. But I'm not going to assume any change has occurred for reporting "by mail"...maybe some one else out there knows that answer or it's in another post.

A friend of mine did his 90 day report by post to Bangkok Immigration recently, and when they returned the slip, there was a note saying he should do it 10 days in advance in future.

Alan

That's good...that indicates the "mail-in" requirement may have changed also.

Edited by Pib

I mailed in my 90 day report to CW a week or so ago.... and have not received their return receipt mail as yet...

But just to note...for mail in reports to CW in BKK, there never was any available days AFTER your due date... In the past, it was supposed to arrive there within the week before your actual deadline, if using the mail in method.

Be interesting to see if the mail in timeframes also are being changed.

A friend of mine did his 90 day report by post to Bangkok Immigration recently, and when they returned the slip, there was a note saying he should do it 10 days in advance in future.

Alan

Exactly the same for me as well.. Got the return slip yesterday..

Alan

Exactly the same for me as well.. Got the return slip yesterday..

What concerns me a little is the slip wording of "....should do it 10 days in advance in the future." Is this Immigration's way of saying to be sure to consider mail in-transit time and mail the report around the 10 day before point to ensure the report arrives within the 7 day window. OR, is it their way of saying there has been a regulation change for reporting by mail from "up to 7 days before" to "up to 10 days before", but still with no allowance for the report arriving after the reporting due date.

If I was a betting man, I would bet the by mail window has changed to "up to 10 days before (but still no allowance for after the due date)" which gives a 11 day window to shoot at.. This is a good thing as it gives a bigger target window to hit.

What exactly is the deal with this.. My visa is due to run out on 8 March when my company will be going with me to extend my visa..

My 90 day 'confirm address' runs out tomorrow.. Can i wait and just do it all on 8 March.. The above comment seems to say their is no allowance for after the due date.. Should i just go to Chang Wattana tomorrow to confirm my address then go again on the 8 March.

Also is it the big Immigration dept on Chang Wattana that does the confirm address extention.. i think the last time i was there they mentioned a smaller office that did some stuff that was a 5 min walk along the road.. Sorry for the confusion but normally my work used to do it by post for me.. also can i pick up a copy of the form when i am there to fill it out..

Edited by Scotthai

90 day reports in person at Chaeng Wattana are done in the same building and office as where extensions of stay are handled...

There is a second location in BKK for in person 90 day report filing, being the One Stop Center at Chamchuri Square... But that's only available to people with certain business/employer affiliations.

The 90 day report form is available for download from the Thai Visa documents section... But Immigration usually issues people a new paper blank form each time when they return the acknowledgment of your latest reporting.

There is no after the deadline reporting for mail-in 90 day reports...those need to be received no later than the actual deadline.

But for in person 90 day reports, Immigration typically has granted a 7 day grace period after your actual 90 day deadline.

I hope I got that right... If not I'm sure someone will correct me... :jap:

What exactly is the deal with this.. My visa is due to run out on 8 March when my company will be going with me to extend my visa..

My 90 day 'confirm address' runs out tomorrow.. Can i wait and just do it all on 8 March.. The above comment seems to say their is no allowance for after the due date.. Should i just go to Chang Wattana tomorrow to confirm my address then go again on the 8 March.

Also is it the big Immigration dept on Chang Wattana that does the confirm address extention.. i think the last time i was there they mentioned a smaller office that did some stuff that was a 5 min walk along the road.. Sorry for the confusion but normally my work used to do it by post for me.. also can i pick up a copy of the form when i am there to fill it out..

If the due date for your 90 day address reporting is tomorrow 3 Mar, then you have up to 7 days after to accomplish the report in-person (or your representative) which would equate to 10 March. If going in on 11 March you would have a 2000 baht fine to pay due to late reporting. Appears you could just wait until 8 Mar to get the address reporting and visa extension done if you want to do it all on the same visit.

I am slightly offtopic but i did not wanted to open a new one for this simple question

I moved to a new address and i got the house registration doucment from the landlord and i am planning to go to immigration to notify them. What else do i need to bring? (My next 90 days reporting appointment is due 35 days or so...)

I am slightly offtopic but i did not wanted to open a new one for this simple question

I moved to a new address and i got the house registration document from the landlord and i am planning to go to immigration to notify them. What else do i need to bring? (My next 90 days reporting appointment is due 35 days or so...)

Complete the TM28 Change of Address one page form and provide that to immigration when doing your next 90 day address reporting. Or, go process the TM28 form now as you are suppose to do that immediately when changing addresses. You'll need to take your passport also.

When my address changed about 4 months ago, I just submitted the change of address form when I went and submitted my 90 address reporting form which was about a month after the change of address occurred. Actually, I hadn't moved but the district office had changed the house numbers/addresses for our entire moobaan, but immigration wouldn't have known that as I didn't tell them...I just submitted the TM28 with the new address on it...immigration would have figured I had physically moved to a new house on the same soi. The immigration officer at Bangkok Immigration first processed the change of address form and gave me the receipt from the bottom of the form...then the officer processed the 90 day address reporting form and gave me the receipt to me. Out the door I went.

Edited by Pib

I'm not clear on this topic...but let me at least raise the question...

If a farang is renting here, isn't it under the law up to the landlord (not the tenant) to report their arrival to the local police or other authorities...or the new landlord if someone rents a new place after moving.

But if a farang is owning someplace either directly (like a condo) or a house thru his wife/family or such, then it's incumbent on them to do the reporting if they move...

I'm a renter, and I've never done any reporting other than the usual 90 day reports.

l did mine at Sakon Nakhon yesterday and was told the same thing , 15 days before to 7 days after

cheers

Do you live in SN? or can one report anywhere in thailand regardless where is

his address registered?

l did mine at Sakon Nakhon yesterday and was told the same thing , 15 days before to 7 days after

cheers

Do you live in SN? or can one report anywhere in thailand regardless where is

his address registered?

l live in Sakon Nakhon province and as Mario said ,, you must report in the province you live , exception is , if you leave the country and have a re-entry permit ,, your 90 days starts from when you return

Hmm... I got my return mail envelope today from Chaeng Wattana for my 90 day report mailed a week or so ago..

It included the normal receipt slip with the new date for my next reporting, and a blank copy of the TM form to use next time.

But there was absolutely nothing included about the timeframe -- or any new timeframe -- for Immigration accepting mailed 90 Day reports... Just the new due by date only.

I moved to a new address and i got the house registration document from the landlord and i am planning to go to immigration to notify them. What else do i need to bring? (My next 90 days reporting appointment is due 35 days or so...)

Complete the TM28 Change of Address one page form and provide that to immigration when doing your next 90 day address reporting. Or, go process the TM28 form now as you are suppose to do that immediately when changing addresses. You'll need to take your passport also.

When my address changed about 4 months ago, I just submitted the change of address form when I went and submitted my 90 address reporting form which was about a month after the change of address occurred. Actually, I hadn't moved but the district office had changed the house numbers/addresses for our entire moobaan, but immigration wouldn't have known that as I didn't tell them...I just submitted the TM28 with the new address on it...immigration would have figured I had physically moved to a new house on the same soi. The immigration officer at Bangkok Immigration first processed the change of address form and gave me the receipt from the bottom of the form...then the officer processed the 90 day address reporting form and gave me the receipt to me. Out the door I went.

Oh oh, I didnt know you had to fill in a form when you move. I have moved twice (rentals) in the six years I have been here and have always just put the new address on the 90 day reporting form. Is this a new thing?

Do I need to provide the house rego book?

If I put in a change of address form now do I also have to give the 90 day report form or can that wait till its due.

Hope someone out there can shed some light on the subject

Thanks

Edited by ThaiFelix

You report to the office for the area where you reside.

I obtained my one year extension of stay based on THAI WIFE at Chaeng Wattana and did my first 90 day report at Nakhon Srithamarat. We specifically asked the officials at NS if the 90 day reports could be done anywhere and they concurred at any immigration office in the country.

The CW office provides immigration services to those who live in the BKK area...

The various other immigration offices in other provinces around the country are supposed to serve those who live there...

AFAIK, the CW office only will accept 90 day mail in reports from those who live in their BKK service area...

Other Thai immigration offices do accept mail in reports, but the acceptance is not universal and seems to vary some by location. So if a person doesn't already know, it's best to check with their local immigration office on whether they accept mail ins.

Edited by jfchandler

Can mailed in reports to CW be done from anywhere in the Kingdom?

If Chaeng Wattana is your reporting office then you can mail in your 90 day report to them from anywhere in the country. But the return notification slip will have to be addressed to your "home address", ie, that on immigration records.

You report to the office for the area where you reside.

I obtained my one year extension of stay based on THAI WIFE at Chaeng Wattana and did my first 90 day report at Nakhon Srithamarat. We specifically asked the officials at NS if the 90 day reports could be done anywhere and they concurred at any immigration office in the country.

I live in Minburi but work in Rangsit. I have always been told that I must 90 day report to Pathum Thani office based on the fact that Rangsit comes under P.T's area so that's where I had to get my Non Im B visa issued and renewed. Also told same thing when applying for a reentry permit. I wish I didnt coz its so far away but I have always got the same answer.

Can mailed in reports to CW be done from anywhere in the Kingdom?

Mailed in reports to CW can only be done by someone living in Bangkok. If you live in another province, you need to mail your forms to the Immigration Office serving that province, IF that office allows mailed in reporting. I live in Suphanburi and must report to the Ayuthaya Immigration Office which, unfortunately, does not accept mailed in reporting (yet!).