Cnn-Go Article On Pattaya

FarangBuddha

Make of it what you will...pretty objective overall...discussing warts and smiles but don't know where this homophobic statement sorta came out of left-field: While police have stepped up drug and age checks for adult entertainment workers, including those that cater predominantly to foreign men in search of young Thai male companions, illegal activity remains the norm. Not sure if the writer is referring to illegal drug use by gay sex-workers and their clients or of underage workers in this segment of the industry. If it's the latter, he's clearly off-base.

Read more: Family-friendly? The challenges facing Pattaya | CNNGo.com http://www.cnngo.com...0#ixzz1K3nalLzF

Edited by FarangBuddha

I'd say it is a decent article about Pattaya (through Western eyes). Many tourist cities around the world have some kind of "sleeze" or "adult entertainment" (look at LasVegas) but these areas are zoned to a particular area..not in ones face such as in Pattaya. (The writer/critic seems to know the place quite well since he talks about the jet ski scam and other issues which the city seems to ignore.)

Excellent article!

As I read it the reference is to the adult industry in general.

Actually most of the sleeze in Pattaya is also centered around beach road/ws, second road, soi buakao. I know that's what most tourists see, but compared to all of Pattaya it really is a quite limited area.

The article certainly isn't pulling any punches. I wonder if Khun Itthiphol is aware of the publicity.