Elderly Canadian Asking For Money

Somtamnication

When I had a bar/restaurant in Hua Hin, frequently there were blind singers stopping in font of my place to perform. I always gave them money myself under the condition they would move on.

Another farang/begging incident comes to my mind now. A friend of mine saw a farang begging at a pedestrian bridge in Pattaya, and Thai people were donating generously - 20 Baht bills. But pretty soon police came who roughed him up, after which he moved on.

Those blind singers get told to <deleted> OFF when Im around...

You tell a blind guy and some old biddie to "<deleted> OFF " ? Do you consider yourself a friendly person?

they are scammers! i dont care call me cruel but they extort money out of people by their wailing and punishing peoples ears...it is "aural assault"....giving them money only encourages them to return...i raise money for various charities and give to charities...i dont give to mugs like that....I cant stand them

they are scammers! i dont care call me cruel but they extort money out of people by their wailing and punishing peoples ears...it is "aural assault"....giving them money only encourages them to return...i raise money for various charities and give to charities...i dont give to mugs like that....I cant stand them

I know you raise money for charities, I think your group stole my nic, no?

Just having some fun snamos, I don't believe you verbally say that to those people but the feeling regarding them is understood. Cheers, GOM

I know you raise money for charities, I think your group stole my nic, no?

Just having some fun snamos, I don't believe you verbally say that to those people but the feeling regarding them is understood. Cheers, GOM

No Im part of the grumpy young men...not part of the chalong beer garden set...I donate to apheda union aid abroad and project aware.....not to falang beggars and wailing extortionists...cheers i thought you were just having a windup...you didnt really need to put any bait on the hook either rolleyes.gif and i have told them where to go when ive had a belly full of rum and just about to hit a punchline that will bring down the house, (not every time i see them)

Some people take the word of other people and it was wrong for him to get the number and then not ring, your right it's not the 100bt, and the more you know people the more you will like dogs and horses

I'm a bit confused here. You make it sound like this was a scam and that he does this repeatedly. Is that what you think is the case?

If not, you just leant someone 100Bt and didn't get it back, that's very different. I'm not excusing his behaviour, but I think you're over playing this a bit, If I decided to hand that money over, which given what you said, I may well have, I would be about 80% sure I would never see it again, and I would be giving him it, with that in mind.

I'm sorry, but if you're telling me that things are that tight for you, then you should have stuck by your guns and said no.

P.S Fair play to you 'Old Croc', very decent of you.

Edited by LiveSteam

Based on a number of pm(s) I am getting including one today, this old fart is still at it. Therefore, safe to say, it is a scam.

If you get approached, ask him if he is from NY. He will correct you and say Ontario. Then you know who and what he is. 65ish, white hair brushed front to back, very clean and shaven, red motorcycle. I doubt seriously he just hangs around Big C. He must be doing the rounds in the area as well.

Sigh...

Based on a number of pm(s) I am getting including one today, this old fart is still at it. Therefore, safe to say, it is a scam.

If you get approached, ask him if he is from NY. He will correct you and say Ontario. Then you know who and what he is. 65ish, white hair brushed front to back, very clean and shaven, red motorcycle. I doubt seriously he just hangs around Big C. He must be doing the rounds in the area as well.

Sigh...

What color has his helmet? Brown and in the middle white?

Not to put more salt on my wound, lol. What about the farang deaf-mutes (I assume they are) going around putting little trinkets on the table and hoping to find cash when returning to the table.

A few years ago I was at Swensens at Tesco. This farang couple came by and did that. I did not give them any money.

As I am getting into my car, I see both of them under a shade, by their bikes.................................. talking.

On occasion I have the so called Thai "deaf mutes" actually sit down at the table whilst eating. This act of rudeness immediately makes me turn them away. Have not seen any around lately, maybe they are trying a new scam. I also have my doubts about the "blind" singers.

My GF and I used to laugh when we'd see these "blind" singers deftly dodging traffic the next afternoon crossing the beach road in Chaweng Beach in Samui. No doubt on their way to or from the bank! ph34r.gif