American With Severe Head Wound Found Dead In Pattaya Apartment

webfact

An American Found Dead In His Apartment

An American man found dead in his rented apartment suffering from a severe head wound.

Pattaya, 19th April 2011 [PDN]: At 7.30 p.m., Police General, Ittipond Poetong was informed that an American man had died in his rented apartment.

When the police arrived at the scene, they discovered the body of Mr. Rankan Singha, 43, soaked in his own blood. The body was estimated to have been dead for at least 24 hours. A 5-inch cut was found on the victim’s head.

Broken glasses were scattered on the ground, in addition to footprints found on the floor but there was no signs of attack, the police commented.

Full story and pictures HERE

-- Pattaya Daily News 2010-04-21

Published: April 21, 2011 09:04:29

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So . . .

When the police arrived at the scene, they discovered the body of Mr. Rankan Singha, 43, soaked in his own blood. The body was estimated to have been dead for at least 24 hours.

But . . .

The victim’s girlfriend, Miss Nantakarn Sudsri, 25 (resides in Dansai, Loei) stated that she stepped outside for a moment after a heated argument with Mr. Singha, who was drunk at the time.

When she came back to the apartment, which they have moved in a few months ago, she found her boyfriend dead, Miss Sudsri reported.

That was a either a very long moment to step outside, or for some reason, the police werent called for 24 hours after she found her bf dead.

Love this line which sums up the investigative process:

The police added that the footprints found were possibly the victim’s when he stepped towards the computer, trying to sending out an email seeking help.

So, bleeding to death with a HUGE injury to his head he thought he would send an e-mail to ask for help. Shortly afterwards he was planning on launching a carrier pigeon then lighting a fire for smoke signals! Is it possible that he was the only person in Thailand without a mobile phone? It does look like he fell on the table, but this part makes little sense at all.

The other thing that bugs me is

24 hours

Then again, we'll never know as this case will be closed before his casket is.

Be careful lads.......

so we should not be surprised if after long and detailed investigation it will be found that either

1. He committed suicide

2. Was so drunk that he felt down on a bottle, cut his head open and died-so accident.

Because we are foreigners are such drunks that we always drunk :bah:

Little like people found with bullet holes in the back of their heads and its always a suicide.:angry:

Another way of looking at it.She pushed him away whilst he was making aggressive drunk advances, he trips, falls and hits the table. She runs away, scared, and goes to ground (family). The family, being good, call the police and they meet up. She tells the whole story and, in the way that things work here, they "simplify" the process.In England the police would take bloods, see he was drunk, understand that she was frightened, account for her missing time, try her for murder, immediately this would be dropped to manslaughter in self-defence. She would get a suspended sentence and a "nominal" criminal record (i.e. one that would only require a tiny bit of explanation for any future employer to understand) and be on with her life.

Here, they just cut out a lot of bureaucracy. Not every Farang is innocent....in fact quite a lot of them abuse their Thai partners. This is why they are here, can't get a girl in their own country because the women can spot them a mile off and don't bother. They come here, bringing their bad traits with them. This is NOT everybody, but we all know AT LEAST 1 of these....even if we don't do the bar thing.

Simply put a 5' girl can't inflict a serious wound to the top of a 6' man's head whilst both are standing up (unless she is holding an unusual weapon and has considerable strength). Particularly when he weighs 80kg and she weighs 40kg.

Please understand, before flaming me to a crisp, that I am just thinking about how this COULD be accurate. I really can't tell what is going on here.

Another way of looking at it.

<snip>

Simply put a 5' girl can't inflict a serious wound to the top of a 6' man's head whilst both are standing up (unless she is holding an unusual weapon and has considerable strength). Particularly when he weighs 80kg and she weighs 40kg.

<snip>

I concur :thumbsup:

so we should not be surprised if after long and detailed investigation it will be found that either

1. He committed suicide

2. Was so drunk that he felt down on a bottle, cut his head open and died-so accident.

Little like people found with bullet holes in the back of their heads and its always a suicide.:angry:

Dont forget, he did try and send an email for help....&lt;deleted&gt;..are they kidding

With the huge number of seriously hardcore alcoholic foreigners living or visiting here this isn't a surprising story at all. I've met plenty of people who are drinking at least a klom of whiskey a day, every day, and get injured from accidents they have while falling down drunk

Mr. R.Singha also ain't a real name.........

sending an e-mail for help is from the editor's thought?............

ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: don't make me laugh........too much.

God bless....... mr. whatever.....

Edited by dunkin2012

With the huge number of seriously hardcore alcoholic foreigners living or visiting here this isn't a surprising story at all. I've met plenty of people who are drinking at least a klom of whiskey a day, every day, and get injured from accidents they have while falling down drunk

Glad to hear you keep excellent company of friends and people you meet.

I do not know any foreigners who are drunks or have had any injury's such as falling down on the bottles or falling off the balcony's

Of course they all have a drink, myself including and do get drunk but hardly every day and hardly to a state of total inebriation.

Even the tourists who drink all day and night, its more like 1 in 200 who gets legless but never seen them "have accidents" themselves, (only with help).

PS. Most men come to Pattaya NOT to get drunk, but to get a company of a sweet female, so hardly ever someone gets totally wasted as it defeats the purpose of his visit

My ex biz partner died kinda like this. Was found with a broken jaw and huge gash on his head which he got from falling on a coffee table. After an autopsy, it was discovered he had a heart attack and fell...not once, but two times on the glass coffee table. His wife was also interrogated...which was extremely upsetting. He died in his office at 1am and was not found until 8am the next morning...strange things do happen

My ex biz partner died kinda like this. Was found with a broken jaw and huge gash on his head which he got from falling on a coffee table. After an autopsy, it was discovered he had a heart attack and fell...not once, but two times on the glass coffee table. His wife was also interrogated...which was extremely upsetting. He died in his office at 1am and was not found until 8am the next morning...strange things do happen

i agree with you, strange things do, but in Thailand when it comes to strange things, it happens way too often and little too strange.

The alarming bells start from police declaring no signs of a struggle just by arriving on the scene and having statements that he was drunk and these 2 factors are usually stated in any death of a foreigner found in Thailand.

May well be wrong and it was an accident, but again.... will never know the real truth

I find the 2 photos revealing. The 1st is the standard death position from a fall. The 2nd is the deceased turned over and shirtless.

Sorry, but right away, I can see that the autopsy is not going to be reliable. Rule number 1 is to transport subject as is to examination facility.

I think the story is poorly written and there is speculation from the reporter. in this case, it is very easy to determine if the deceased did cut his head on the table. There will be skin and perhaps some blood on the edge where the blow occurred. The wound should be consistent with the table edge, which is easy to determine. Severely drunk people bleed easily as the skin is flushed because the capillaries are dilated. Police and writer should have shut up until the cause of death was determined. All the article does is fuel some stupid speculation and more silly conspiracy stories.

Edited by geriatrickid

I find the 2 photos revealing. The 1st is the standard death position from a fall. The 2nd is the deceased turned over and shirtless.

Sorry, but right away, I can see that the autopsy is not going to be reliable. Rule number 1 is to transport subject as is to examination facility.

I think the story is poorly written and there is speculation from the reporter. in this case, it is very easy to determine if the deceased did cut his head on the table. There will be skin and perhaps some blood on the edge where the blow occurred. The wound should be consistent with the table edge, which is easy to determine. Severely drunk people bleed easily as the skin is flushed because the capillaries are dilated. Police and writer should have shut up until the cause of death was determined. All the article does is fuel some stupid speculation and more silly conspiracy stories.

Case closed. Thanks for enlightening us mere mortals.

i agree with you, strange things do, but in Thailand when it comes to strange things, it happens way too often and little too strange.

The alarming bells start from police declaring no signs of a struggle just by arriving on the scene and having statements that he was drunk and these 2 factors are usually stated in any death of a foreigner found in Thailand.

May well be wrong and it was an accident, but again.... will never know the real truth

For sure. It's hard to believe things when the police can't really be trusted....

The victim’s girlfriend, Miss Nantakarn Sudsri, 25 (resides in Dansai, Loei) stated that she stepped outside for a moment after a heated argument with Mr. Singha, who was drunk at the time.

When she came back to the apartment, which they have moved in a few months ago, she found her boyfriend dead, Miss Sudsri reported.

Stepped outside for a moment - came back and found him dead - reported to the police 24 hours later. Yes, just an accident. :(

Where doesn it say he was standing up ?......if sitting down a 5' girl of 40kg could easily inflict a wound like this from behind..

I am going with occams razor on this one........ the GF was involved somehow in the demise of this guy.....why would somebody who was injured in an accident be trying to write an email for help, when the person who could help him was standing out side the door....unless of course the email was to let somebody know it was the GF who did the dirty deed.

Anywhere else in the world the GF would be the prime suspect in a siutation like this, but as we are in Thailand, Thailand's finest will conclude misadventure or suicide....:rolleyes:

1. He committed suicide

Dont forget, he did try and send an email for help....&lt;deleted&gt;..are they kidding

Guess he wanted to write a post on TV asking for help.....:jap:

Where doesn it say he was standing up ?......if sitting down a 5' girl of 40kg could easily inflict a wound like this from behind..

I am going with occams razor on this one........ the GF was involved somehow in the demise of this guy.....why would somebody who was injured in an accident be trying to write an email for help, when the person who could help him was standing out side the door....unless of course the email was to let somebody know it was the GF who did the dirty deed.

Anywhere else in the world the GF would be the prime suspect in a siutation like this, but as we are in Thailand, Thailand's finest will conclude misadventure or suicide....:rolleyes:

As I said, just another avenue of thought. Even if he was sitting down and she clomped him on the head hard enough to get a wound like that he:

1) wouldn't walk an inch

2) couldn't be moved by her into the position they found him in

This would only leave for a 3rd party to come and position the body for the police. This, I agree, is plausible.

Edited by draftvader

Agree with you. Case closed. NEXT !!!

A 5 inch cut to the head and broken glass everywhere and no sign of an attack :huh:

The mind boggles !

( The definition of a moment in Thailand can easily be 24 hours...)

( When she came back after a moment of 24 hours....)

The victim’s girlfriend added that Mr. Singha frequently drank alcohol over the past three years of dating.

( He might have had a reason to do so....)

Under the influence of alcohol, Mr. Singha might have fallen into the glass table, which possibly cut his head causing the fatal bleeding, the police commented.

( After an argument with his girl friend he accidentally fell on the table........)

The police added that the footprints found were possibly the victim’s when he stepped towards the computer, trying to sending out an email seeking help.

( Of course the cops added some more footprints and it's really understandable that a such injured guy' s trying to send an e-mail....):jap:

A 5 inch cut to the head and broken glass everywhere and no sign of an attack :huh:

The mind boggles !

Obviously it was either a heart attack or a road traffic accident. After all, he could have run into a car or fallen off his motorbike and then run into the apartment before he realized what had happened. Thats when he had the heart attack.

Isn't it wonderful how simple police work is in the land of smiles!

1. He committed suicide

Guess he wanted to write a post on TV asking for help.....:jap:

Jeez, that would have been the greatest troll fest ever! :o