Beef

andywadsworth

There's a place that operates from within the Queen Vic on Soi 6 called Matvic

Dunno if they are affiliated in any way with each other, or what the quality of their stuff is, but they list imported beef and lamb from Aus and NZ, as well as the grizzled "tough as old boots" Thai meats

They have a website.....just use the above name matvic, with a .com at the end of it to get to its homepage

HTH

Penkoprod

There is a butcher shop down the hill from Foodlands that is pretty good.

What hill?

Central Pattaya Road, same side as Foodland but before Carrefore.

You mean this place?

KPK Food Service Co,. Ltd.

202 / 136-7 Pattaya Klang Plazza

Soi U Mai Moo 9

Nongprue, Banglamung

Chonburi 20260

There is a butcher shop down the hill from Foodlands that is pretty good.

What hill?

Central Pattaya Road, same side as Foodland but before Carrefore.

You mean this place?

KPK Food Service Co,. Ltd.

202 / 136-7 Pattaya Klang Plazza

Soi U Mai Moo 9

Nongprue, Banglamung

Chonburi 20260

No - KPK is off Soi Yume. This is a butcher shop only - on Central Pattaya Road. I think it is called Prime Beef.

There's a place that operates from within the Queen Vic on Soi 6 called Matvic

Dunno if they are affiliated in any way with each other, or what the quality of their stuff is, but they list imported beef and lamb from Aus and NZ, as well as the grizzled "tough as old boots" Thai meats

They have a website.....just use the above name matvic, with a .com at the end of it to get to its homepage

HTH

Penkoprod

The clue might be that the proprietors are Matt and Vic

Best place to buy Beef in Pattaya - The fresh food market down soi Nernlpubwan, the Beef is the very best I have had in 10 Years of living here.. and a lot cheaper than the Butcher's in foodland and all the other supermarkets.

Not a bad call that one. We sometimes get meat from there when we have BBQ's - good value.

I 2nd the Prime Beef store on Pattaya Klang right next to Foodland..he has some great cuts like Bavette,Onglet and Flank Steak at very reasonable prices and the meat quality is excellent....rib eyes and such can be had around the 800 baht per kilo mark and its very nice and well marbled usually. The owner is a straight forward guy and gives great service and will take phone orders as well.

The OP asked where the "best" beef in town was, IMO without a doubt it is in Villa, try the air flown grass fed steaks, the one small problem? they are the most expensive steaks I have ever bought! 950 Baht a piece, next time I will look at the price!

I think your best bet is to find a good beef supplier, someone who sells to the hotels as the retail stores will raise the price by 15 to 20%. For them to deliver you will have to buy quantity. You can pass that savings on to your customers. It also depends on who you are selling to and your pricing. Australian and New Zeland folks are use to grass fed beef (The Aussies are now also grain feeding and have some beautiful grain fed beef). Americans will not eat grass fed as they are use to grain fed. You may want to offer both, again, depending who your customers are. Villa Market has a good range of quality and pricing but be careful of ordering and paying for this cut (BT$900) and receiving this cut (BT$600).

As you are asking about where to source beef it sounds like you are new to the business. If you want to learn about reading the marbling and such let me know.