How Old Is Too Old To Become A Dad?

aussiechick

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My comment's might not sit well with many members, however free speech and all that...

To have a child over the age of 40 is irresponsible and selfish, no matter how healthy or wealthy you are.

Children need both parents with energy and intelligence and a love.

As for Pattaya, enough said.

:jap:

I'm working on producing my 3rd child at well over the age of 40, I admit the selfish, I deny the irresponsible.

Somebody needs to tell all those horse breeders that their stud horses sperm is too old or genetically damaged.

They all seem to think that a sire of proven quality is far better than an unproven youngster.

Edited by sarahsbloke

I am sure you don't have any problems with having a child at your age. And I am also sure that your young daughter gives your male ego a boost. But have you even for a minute thought about how she will feel when she grows up? And when she is in her teens and talking with her friends and they ask about her dad and she says he is over 70. What do you think the reaction will be? And how will you feel when you realize that she does not want you to come with her to the market, shoppingmall or whereever? It is nice that you plan to stick around with your family, most western men do. But it is not up to just you, is it? I hope for your daughters's sake that she will have a good life.

Wow. I hear the same arguments against having mixed-race children in the US. "And when she is in her teens and talking with her friends and they ask about her dad and she says he's Black (or Asian or Hispanic or French or Inuit or Vegan or Jewish or...), what do you think the reaction will be?"

Pure prejudiced garbage. If her friends can't accept a teen's father who's different - younger, older, different race, different sex, disabled, a genius, a pauper, a celebrity, a politician - then to h*ll with the so-called friends. She's better off without them.

You don't really understand how teens' minds work. I suppose you once did but now you are maybe too old to remember. What you are referring to, is a different matter. Too bad you did not understand that either. I was giving examples from the mind of a teen whilst you keep arguing from your own point of view. And there is a difference in thinking between a teen and a 60 year old as you have displayed here. And that is just what my post was about.

You are all youngsters. I had my first child (she's now 16 months old) at 58 years old (wife was then 35). Always wanted one but my first wife (married for over 30 years and together for 20 of those) did not for medical reasons.

My daughter is wonderful, my wife is a great mother and it's fantastic to have the time, money and energy to see her grow up in a secure and comfortable environment.

I have no problems if you think that is too old or disgusting or whatever. Thankfully there is no law against it and I plan on sticking around for a lot longer than the average western male (let alone Thai male) does in a relationship.

I second that emotion!

Ah there's a song in there somewhere. :violin:

jb1

I am sure you don't have any problems with having a child at your age. And I am also sure that your young daughter gives your male ego a boost. But have you even for a minute thought about how she will feel when she grows up? And when she is in her teens and talking with her friends and they ask about her dad and she says he is over 70. What do you think the reaction will be? And how will you feel when you realize that she does not want you to come with her to the market, shoppingmall or whereever? It is nice that you plan to stick around with your family, most western men do. But it is not up to just you, is it? I hope for your daughters's sake that she will have a good life.

Wow. I hear the same arguments against having mixed-race children in the US. "And when she is in her teens and talking with her friends and they ask about her dad and she says he's Black (or Asian or Hispanic or French or Inuit or Vegan or Jewish or...), what do you think the reaction will be?"

Pure prejudiced garbage. If her friends can't accept a teen's father who's different - younger, older, different race, different sex, disabled, a genius, a pauper, a celebrity, a politician - then to h*ll with the so-called friends. She's better off without them.

You don't really understand how teens' minds work. I suppose you once did but now you are maybe too old to remember. What you are referring to, is a different matter. Too bad you did not understand that either. I was giving examples from the mind of a teen whilst you keep arguing from your own point of view. And there is a difference in thinking between a teen and a 60 year old as you have displayed here. And that is just what my post was about.

Well if your understand teenagers as well as you proclaim to others, your wasting valuable time on TV.

I wouldn't want kids over 40. Kids are hard work and I wouldn't have the same tolerance at 50 than I did at 30.

Pattaya Radio is hardly the place to have a serious discussion about children as most parents are not likely to be good ones.

Scathing generalisation..

Would you care to support that statement with fact.. or even an opinion as to why this should be the case.

OK - 93% of foreign males go to Pattaya for sex with prostitutes. If they find a wife there, what odds would you give of her not being a prostitute? As one post stated - many of the guys are old and women young.Do you think the father will be around when the kids are teenagers? etc etc bloody obvious mate.

No offence if you are one of the 7%.

I have many friends who are prime and proper Thais but like to go to Pattaya just to get away

What about the girls who work in the hotels

What about the girls who work in the above board massage shops

then there are schools

Banks

Government utilities

Upmarket shops

work in the markets

Laundry shops

Resteraunts

etc etc etc

The list goes on and on

I once read an article that showed the balance between Bar girls and girls who work hard for a living and it was 12 to 1 on the hard working girls against bar girl

Oh I see you only ever see the bar girls as this is what you are after

Edited by ozzieman05

I wouldn't want kids over 40. Kids are hard work and I wouldn't have the same tolerance at 50 than I did at 30.

Pattaya Radio is hardly the place to have a serious discussion about children as most parents are not likely to be good ones.

Scathing generalisation..

Would you care to support that statement with fact.. or even an opinion as to why this should be the case.

OK - 93% of foreign males go to Pattaya for sex with prostitutes. If they find a wife there, what odds would you give of her not being a prostitute? As one post stated - many of the guys are old and women young.Do you think the father will be around when the kids are teenagers? etc etc bloody obvious mate.

No offence if you are one of the 7%.

I have many friends who are prime and proper Thais but like to go to Pattaya just to get away

What about the girls who work in the hotels

What about the girls who work in the above board massage shops

then there are schools

Banks

Government utilities

Upmarket shops

work in the markets

Laundry shops

Resteraunts

etc etc etc

The list goes on and on

I once read an article that showed the balance between Bar girls and girls who work hard for a living and it was 12 to 1 on the hard working girls against bar girl

Oh I see you only ever see the bar girls as this is what you are after

pattaya radio seems to have caused a decent stir here ;) FWIW I went to pattaya for the first time, to escape the BKK Prostitute who was determined to get her mitts on my insignificant little stash. in the same area you have so much industry, staffed by so many farang, that the walking st scene is no longer the local priority. 5 yrs ago or more, and i was as green as the grass in my garden, but as usual thought I knew it all.

this is an amazing thread, <deleted>, i wish it had started before we did the show on thurs. we could have kept it going for another week. maybe we will resurrect it. its probably the hottest topic, here and elsewhere, that we have ever kicked off, ( not new I know).

the final score will always be nil all, thats the way it goes :)

I feel I must interject here even though I haven't yet finished reading all pages. Nobody thus far has mentioned the medically recorded fact that with increasing parental age the possibility of Downe's syndrome increases. Downe's kids are wonderful and just as loving as others but they usually meet an early death.

Male fertility is decreasing across the globe (environmental contamination) giving rise to damaged chromasomes amongst the aged.

I am 77 years old with a much younger wife. She occasionally expresses the wish to have another child. I have to very gentley explain to her that it's not a good idea for the two reasons I have mentioned above and those that other contributors have posted ahead of me.

I believe you have misunderstood the reports

While male fertility is decreasing across the globe, it is decreasing in the new generations, the damage is not being done to those men who are already fully fertile.

Male age increasing the possibility of Down Syndrome, is a theory, not a done deal. Not fact merely conjecture.

If your younger wife wants a baby, refusing her will only make her consider looking elsewhere for a father to the child she wants.

I was recently advised by a doctor to have my wife given an amniocentesis test.

A test that has between a 1 in 200 and a 1 in 100 chance of spontaneously aborting the baby (depending on which reports you believe)

The estimated chance of us producing a DS baby was only 1 in 400

One may question the validity of any doctors opinion when they are prepared to kill 2-4 healthy babies in order to discover 1 baby with Down Syndrome.

Edited by sarahsbloke

I don't think it's a problem to sire a child at 'grandfather' age.

A lot of children don't seem to get a hell of a lot of time with their parents these day anyway, both parents working long hours, child in day care etc. Then when they become teenagers most of them just want to hang out with friends and wouldn't want to be seen within 100 kms of their parents.

Of course I'm only speaking from what me and my friends thought when we were young.

OK - 93% of foreign males go to Pattaya for sex with prostitutes.

Where do you get that number from ??

The time-historic myth and stereotype. Seems to be the standard that passes for real thoughtful disposition.

According to available research...a significant number of those same kids will develop schizophrenia and other disesas...long after Paw has croaked.

In their late teens.

And maybe only the wife is available to handle the dreadful results.

The evidence is available to anyone who cares to Google "chromasome abnormalities in elderly men's sperm.'

FWIW...whereas 40 was considered an acceptable age for sperm donors...that age has been lowered to 35.

Well, not every source agrees with your conclusion.

CONCLUSIONS: The results suggest that men of advanced age still wanting to become fathers do not have a significantly higher risk of procreating offspring with chromosomal abnormalities compared with younger men. Source

The time-historic myth and stereotype. Seems to be the standard that passes for real thoughtful disposition.

It's not a myth.

Actually, some go to find love and marriage with prostitutes. The sex isn't really the important thing. It's a way of escaping from low self-esteem and feelings of anger and insecurity.

Lots of <deleted> spoken here. You could be twenty, father a kid and get run over by a bus :huh:, kid still has to get through life and it WILL. Talk about molly coddle. A century ago in the UK it was shit, didn't stop a kid being born, in fact my mum had car tyre tread nailed on her shoes again and again, shot up by the gerry's and STILL had 3 kids and eventually had a good job in UK government. Sheeeesh. ;) LIFE GOES ON who ever mum and dad is, and how ever old they are.:rolleyes:

You have to be so careful with tire treads, I know a guy, who knew this bloke who did the shoe and tire thing, got it all wrong, he had a cross-ply on the left and a radial on the right, tragic really he lost control running for a bus in the wet, he was in hospital for a bit. :whistling: You mum was lucky!

Its like mixing sweets with savouries....you just don't do it

isn't sweet, salt, spicy, sour, the basis of thai cusine?

Lots of <deleted> spoken here. You could be twenty, father a kid and get run over by a bus :huh:, kid still has to get through life and it WILL. Talk about molly coddle. A century ago in the UK it was shit, didn't stop a kid being born, in fact my mum had car tyre tread nailed on her shoes again and again, shot up by the gerry's and STILL had 3 kids and eventually had a good job in UK government. Sheeeesh. ;) LIFE GOES ON who ever mum and dad is, and how ever old they are.:rolleyes:

You have to be so careful with tire treads, I know a guy, who knew this bloke who did the shoe and tire thing, got it all wrong, he had a cross-ply on the left and a radial on the right, tragic really he lost control running for a bus in the wet, he was in hospital for a bit. :whistling: You mum was lucky!

Its like mixing sweets with savouries....you just don't do it

isn't sweet, salt, spicy, sour, the basis of thai cusine?

the cross-ply, radial/sweet savoury banter is from an episode of That Peter Kay Thing "The ice-cream man cometh"

I know a really great guy that is 69 years old and has a daughter of 1 year old.

He knows he probably won't be around for her graduation, but she'll certainly have the means available in her life to graduate from a decent education.

He's a really nice guy with a wife 35 years younger than himself, he wants to leave her with a part of him when hes gone, I know them very well and their daughter is a little cracker, should she not be alive ? cool.gif

It's not a myth.

If it is not a myth...where did you get the 93% figure from ??

Linky ??

Or was it pulled from a dying chickens arse as it ran off headless... ??

I know a really great guy that is 69 years old and has a daughter of 1 year old.

He knows he probably won't be around for her graduation, but she'll certainly have the means available in her life to graduate from a decent education.

He's a really nice guy with a wife 35 years younger than himself, he wants to leave her with a part of him when hes gone, I know them very well and their daughter is a little cracker, should she not be alive ? cool.gif

Keeping towards the positive.....he'll probably live to be one hundred and five :thumbsup:

I am over 50 and recently had a lucky escape in respect of becoming a father. Accidents can happen with contraception and my mind was reeling at the thought of becoming a father. I feel I am now too old to bother with the shitty nappies, the teething, the wailing and the sleepless nights. Then there is the expense of babies too.

Not for me, not now. Yet my other half was really disappointed at not being pregnant.

If I was under 45 I might have been delighted. Yet I too have seen fathers over the age of 60 of young children and I cannot understand the need or the desire to have any children at that age.

So my cut off point would definitely be under 50 years of age.

Keeping towards the positive.....he'll probably live to be one hundred and five :thumbsup:

+1

should she not be alive ? cool.gif

should she not be allowed to have a Dad around for her 21st birthday ??

So if a young dad gets run over by a bus then his offspring must commit suicide cos their life too has ended. Naaaaaaaaaah, life is individual, we all go different ways, with mum, dad or neither. I DID.;)

So if a young dad gets run over by a bus then his offspring must commit suicide cos their life too has ended. Naaaaaaaaaah, life is individual, we all go different ways, with mum, dad or neither. I DID.;)

Not sure what the big deal is about having parents for a 21st. I didn't even bother with a party or drinks on my 18th or 21st. I suppose my family just aren't into celebrations or being sentimental. No big deal, I certainly didn't care if my parents attended football finals i played in or my graduation when I was younger.

I never had the urge to have children when I was younger. I'm now 47 and thinking about it. I imagine that those that had children at a younger age may no necessarily feel the urge to do so again later in life.

chances and percentages....see if you can work it out....best a luck

chances and percentages....see if you can work it out....best a luck

But they are the same, l grew up without a dad through their divorce. Just mum :). Loooooooads of scenarios about growing up without 2 parents BUT life goes on. :)

How many kids grew up in UK, Germany or USA after WW1 or2 without a dad ?

Edited by transam

Plenty....and not the same....if a 25yo guy has a child....good chance he will live a full long life.

If a 60yo has a child....dam_n fine chance he will croak from natural causes before the kid hits 21.

I also had no dad around much.....but I can tell you from my sons perspective.....much better if Dad is around....simple as that.

Sure you get on with whatever gets dished up.....but I said it would be better to have both parents, not just one....thats all and being 60yo lessens the chances and percentage of that happening a lot......i reckon anyway.

Imagine having a kid at 70yo....and still being alive at their 21st....and your daughters friends all asking where Dad is and she points to the 90yo guy sitting at the table with a bib and dribbling his puddin down his nice checkered dressing gown.

Edited by Nawtier

Plenty....and not the same....if a 25yo guy has a child....good chance he will live a full long life.

If a 60yo has a child....dam_n fine chance he will croak from natural causes before the kid hits 21.

I also had no dad around much.....but I can tell you from my sons perspective.....much better if Dad is around....simple as that.

Sure you get on with whatever gets dished up.....but I said it would be better to have both parents, not just one....thats all and being 60yo lessens the chances and percentage of that happening a lot......i reckon anyway.

Imagine having a kid at 70yo....and still being alive at their 21st....and your daughters friends all asking where Dad is and she points to the 90yo guy sitting at the table with a bib and dribbling his puddin down his nice checkered dressing gown.

If a child has both parents alive do you think he/she will know what it is like to not have them? Do you think a child with no parents will know what it is like to have them?

I had/have very loving parents but I didn't want them around when i was a teenager and also later in life. They didn't go to any big moments in my life, I didn't invite them. I have no idea what it would have been like to have had them there, so naturally I have no idea what I missed.

I don't think a child/teenager etc will reallymiss what it doesn't have, they just get on with life.

Edited by Wallaby