Tiger Airways

RioMist

I am due to fly with Tiger Airways from Phuket/Singapore/Manila in less that 2 weeks time. I have read on here that Tiger Airways in Australia are in trouble and might be grounded there. Does this also apply to Tiger Singapore? I thought that Tiger was a part of Singapore Airlines and would be safe from bankruptcy etc. Can anyone clarify the situation for me please.

" I thought that Tiger was a part of Singapore Airlines and would be safe from bankruptcy etc."

Apparently its a safety issue :-

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/aviation/tiger-airways-faces-grounding-over-safety-breaches/story-e6frg95x-1226042674285

"If CASA had any concerns they would certainly shut us down. That hasn't occurred. We continue to operate with CASA's approval."

The airline says it will not comment on specific dealings with CASA. The safety regulator declined to comment. "

Well stuff you Tiger Airways.........if you want me to fly with you

I expect transparency from you on safety issues :angry:

It is purely a Tiger Australia problem.............................

May be at the present, but this mob are going to be a real problem everywhere, they are just not professional.

However Singapore Airlines can in any way be linked with them is a complete surprise to me. I've been flying in and around Asia since 1970 and there is no way that I would even travel from the terminal to the runway with them!

Why's that fishooks? Care to elaborate on their lack of professionalism!

At least Tiger (Asia or Aust) haven't attempted a takeoff from a closed runway with machinery parked all over it, as Singapore airlines did at Taipei in 2000, totally destroying the B747 with 83 fatalities. Not very professional that.

Personally I'd be worried if Australian authorities said there was a problem with safety. It's not a country where a bribe here of there can allow you to operate regardless of whether or not you comply with standards. And I agree Tiger's lack of transparency on this issue would have me worried enough to choose another operator, better to pay a few hundred dollars more and get where you are going/

Edited by saroq

• 2 months later...

Take a look at my post above on 23 April last:

Today a few months later, Tiger have been grounded in Australia and need to show the authorities here that they can again be given permission to operate here.

Safety concerns with some of their pilots head the list of concerns.

I've seen this coming for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

Just been on the phone to Tiger Airways (Singapore) to try and do a name change for my friend on my ticket,was waiting ages on the phone only to get cut off,not once but twice............i think theyre playing games???? as having lost confidence with them i booked a Jetstar flight to Phuket from Perth a couple of weeks ago,dont wanna spoil my holiday plans...........

Edited by bikkalad