Cheapest Time To Fly From Thailand To Uk

nellyp

Anybody have any idea of the cheapest time of year to travel to the uk and back to thailand? I fancy a trip back hme with the family and am very flexible but am unsure of the best time to travel as I want as much to spend at home as possible. Any airline any time. i will probably need to bokk as there will be 2 adults a five year old and a baby.

Cheers

Neil

Jan/Feb I would say.. If you go about September/October, it is relatively cheap and not too cold.

Keep away from the major holidays and flights are pretty much the same price...try moxtravel and also look at airlines own websites...EVA, Thai and BA go direct, others have a stopover with varying times. Most indirect cost approx 30K for adults and then less for kids and under 2 year olds....I did find BA were good as kids were cheaper than most other airlines and that justified paying a bit more for the adults.....spend a few hours searching different dates and see what comes up...I would forget about Air Asia from KL as by the time you pay for food, baggage, enterainment and then a flight from BKK to KL it works out more expensive, takes longer and you are dumped off at Stanstead..have a good time...apparently the UK is basking in sunshine now!!!

Jan/Feb I would say.. If you go about September/October, it is relatively cheap and not too cold.

I think that is pretty good, except Jan is high season here. So, not sure about that. From mid September until the end of November is low season...as is most of April and May.

June through August is high season for sure anywhere in the world. And around Xmas and new years.

I have found flights back from the UK in June not to bad and June is a great time to be in the UK, so long as you avoid the school holidays that end should not be to expensive. When you gwt to mid July you will start to see increases as the school holiday season approaches and providers take advantage of holidays anywhere in the world, for that reason avoid the time around Songkran here. September/October or May/June is when I would look. Good Luck.

Its always worth checking out buying singles too, because it is always more expensive to fly out of Bangkok than out of London, singles can be a better deal than buying returns.(sometimes).

Good luck, safe travels.

Agree about the beginning of June have been looking myself, and have noticed Egypt Air and also Turkish Airlines as well as Qatar being the cheapest.

For 2 adults (dep around 06 Jun RTN 16 Jun)

Egypt Air Total under 61000baht

Turkish Airways around 68000baht

Qatar around 65,500baht

Best prices direct from the Airlines.

For EVA and BA costs for 2 adults over 80,000baht and I do not

even want to talk about the 100,000baht Thai want.

Added - Air India, Kingfisher and Jet were cheaper but reports coming out of India when you are in transit make me want to think twice about using any of them. My personal opinion.

Edited by beano2274

Its always worth checking out buying singles too, because it is always more expensive to fly out of Bangkok than out of London, singles can be a better deal than buying returns.(sometimes).

Good luck, safe travels.

Maybe if you used different airlines.

Egypt to the UK for 2 adults is around 33,000baht, but using EVA to come back is around 870GBP

Qatar from 06Jun to 16Jun for all 4 = 115,310 (2.40hrs layover outward, 1.10hrs inward)

Egypt moving dates from 07Jun to 17Jun = 82,780 (3hrs layover outward, 2.05hrs inward)

Breakdown from Egyptair

2 adult(s) x (15,745.00 + 11,765.00) = 55,020.00 THB

1 infant(s) x (1,660.00 + 1,905.00) = 3,565.00 THB

1 child(ren) x (12,430.00 + 11,765.00) = 24,195.00 THB

total for all travellers 82,780.00 THB

buy the way all the flights menitoned to LHR....

Edited by beano2274

Thanks to you all, especially Beano for going that extra kilometer. Some usful info. I hadn't thought about singles which I will look into. Why is it that flying from bangkok is more expensive than flying from London? I'm a bit baffled by that

Cheers again

Neil

If you check the air safety records both Egypt and Turkish do not fair well, your money, your life, up to you, have a look at air safety records, then decide. Keep safe.

Turkish Air has not had a crash for over 10 years since upgrading it's fleet. Then don't fly Air France, Qantas and a few others, who have had problems in the last 10 years, that also includes Emirates, who during testing wrote off a plane.

If you check the air safety records both Egypt and Turkish do not fair well, your money, your life, up to you, have a look at air safety records, then decide. Keep safe.

Turkish Air has not had a crash for over 10 years since upgrading it's fleet. Then don't fly Air France, Qantas and a few others, who have had problems in the last 10 years, that also includes Emirates, who during testing wrote off a plane.

They have. There was a crash in 2003 where 75 died, and another in 2009 where 9 people died.

The Airbus written off in testing was Etihad.