Head Phones

KRS1

I always wear earplugs and feel like I can concentrate better with them. At speed, wind noise can overpower almost everything else and be quite a distraction. Longterm it saves your hearing as well. That is assuming you haven’t lost it already. ;)

Riding a motorcycle is dangerous enough without blocking the sounds around you. Many times some idiot driver sneaks up behind me, beeps his horn and shoots around me even when there is traffic coming. He expects me to get off the road so he can pass.

Do you really think it is safe to wear sound blocking earplugs?

In and around town I wouldn't wear them either, but on long trips when the speed increases then you can't hear anything other than wind anyway so I don't think it's dangerous. If something is coming up behind me when I'm at my usual cruising speed then I see them in my mirrors long before they have a chance to beep at me. Using mirrors (with a blind spot mirror) and looking over your shoulder before changing your line is much safer than relying on hearing in my opinion, especially at higher speeds.

I agree with the previous poster that it can help concentration on a long journey as well.

Riding a motorcycle is dangerous enough without blocking the sounds around you. Many times some idiot driver sneaks up behind me, beeps his horn and shoots around me even when there is traffic coming. He expects me to get off the road so he can pass.

Do you really think it is safe to wear sound blocking earplugs?

Absolutely. I use my mirrors constantly.

Picked up a pair of Coby Jammerz Xtras to test against and they lost. Will be returning them today. :blink:

Thank god for easy refunds.

Edited by KRS1

• 2 weeks later...

Competition Sports Monitors.pdf

I use custom molded Competition Sports Monitors by EAR, Inc. They are expensive at $185/pair, but I have used them for years and the are the only way to go. They are custom molded to your ear, so stop the ambient noise, but have great electronics for good music and sound reproduction. You can run them with the sound turned off and they are just great earplugs. I recommend ONLY the custom molded units for motorcycling -- not the non-custom units. I know a guy in Texas that is a dealer that may be able to help you with a purchase. PM me if you want his contact info.

Edited by TongueThaied