Long-Stay Visa For European Woman?

Hi,

my boyfriend and I are planning moving to Thailand.

He is going to apply for a retirement visa (+50).

I'm only 43 years old and wonder what kind of long-stay visa can I apply for???

I also have a self-employed company in Sweden today and all my work is over internet.

Can I still work with my company from Thailand against my costumers in Sweden?

Or can I apply for a working-visa even if I don't work IN Thailand towards a Thai based company?

How does it otherwise work?

Please help us, we plan moving next summer!

Once husband has extension of stay you could receive matching dependent extension of stay.

You can not legally work without a work permit and that would require employment by a Thai company (which is unlikely for such work).

I thought of the “married concurrent extension method” too. It seems from reading the O/P's post, at this time, they aren't married.

She could come in on a Tourist Visa she got from her country's Thai Embassy before she gets here. Maybe they’ll issue a double or triple entry one and that would buy her more time.

Perhaps she could get a multi-entry year long ED visa; if she signed up and paid for a year of Thai language study at a school which would provide her with documentation prior to her coming here.

Some of the Thai Embassy's in the EU will issue visas like that if you ask them to. True she'd hafta border run to receive another 90 days or extend her visa in-country every 90 days at Thai Immigrations, but it'd give her time to sort out what's what.

Given the circumstances she's outlined there really aren't any visa options which are a "perfect fit".

At least NONE I can think up. Sorry about that. ...

Apply one year B-visa from Hull by using your swedish company..

For reason use "exploring business opportunies in Thailand" or something like that..

Better confirm this from Hull first because they have tightened their rules lately.

You can stay for years using the education visa option, going to Thai language class 4 hours per week if you locate in an area with eligible schools. There is a good bit of maintenance though, getting extensions every three months.

Your working question is a can of worms. Most would probably just do the work under the radar and no it wouldn't be legal. There are many threads on that topic already.

Edited by Jingthing

Thank you for all of your respons!

We think I maybe can teach out english if I can get a TEFL certificate?

We live today in Sweden, but I come from Austria so maybe there is a need for German, English or Scandinavian language help somewhere.

Can I, as a foreigner in Thailand, get a job that includes german, english or scandinavian languages?

We have our living in Pattaya!

I know about all the new visa- restriction, can I count on that the Thai-ambassey in my country can answer me all the restriction that counts now?

We don't dare to call the ambassey if we make the wrong move!

Marriage is the last outway, but I know the easyest and the cheapest way!

:-)