I Am Turning 50 Yo Today

Who, me ?

As I recall , I had no true personal thoughts about the matter , just another page in my history , my mother , however , the difficult part of lifes journey climbing the hill of experience is done , now is the time to glide sedately down the other side of the hill , enjoy the journey and use it wisely .

I felt great, to be honest. My birthday coincided with my gym day, and when I was lifting, I was suddenly struck with the thought that I was in great shape, "for a 50-year-old!" The day before, while I was still in my 40's, I was not in so great shape. :)

It is all psychological, but I do feel better about many aspects of my life now that I can point out that I am in my 50's.

Happy Birthday!

50 was a big one for me. I had been fortunate to have experences that adjusted my feelings about getting older. Remember when we though 25 was old?

It is true that it is all in our head (the big one) I think that if we have done what we needed to do to stay balanced and grow into it than we enter it happy. I'm 58 and miss the physical abilities but I've adapted.

Good luck, this can be the best time of our lives.

I felt great, to be honest. My birthday coincided with my gym day, and when I was lifting, I was suddenly struck with the thought that I was in great shape, "for a 50-year-old!" The day before, while I was still in my 40's, I was not in so great shape. :)

It is all psychological, but I do feel better about many aspects of my life now that I can point out that I am in my 50's.

Well, I see what you mean, I had the same kind of thought when I looked at myself in the mirror this morning....Not bad for 50

Turning 50 meant that I could get a visa extension based on retirement, which if you have any idea what I went through for the few years prior to it, it was bloody marvellous. :D

I am lucky enough not to have this kind of worry.... I am on marriage 1 year extension of stay, and I also can get it with WP if necessary...

Turning 50 meant that I could get a visa extension based on retirement, which if you have any idea what I went through for the few years prior to it, it was bloody marvellous. :D

I am lucky enough not to have this kind of worry.... I am on marriage 1 year extension of stay, and I also can get it with WP if necessary...

Lucky boy..... and I forgot to say, Happy Birthday :jap:

Happy Birthday :thumbsup:

50 was 12 years ago for me. I don't feel any different from year to year they just keep rolling along. I must admit,because I never think about age that sometimes when I look in the mirror I get a bit of a shock and think "who is this bloke looking back at me" ! Ha,Ha

Enjoy your day and everyday there after.

Cheers

Well, I see what you mean, I had the same kind of thought when I looked at myself in the mirror this morning....Not bad for 50

Happy Birthday .... and I also agree with Bonobo ... at 49 I was not too pleased about the prospect of turning 50 ... but now at 54 and still in half decent shape and still able to work-out and jog at the same rate I reckon I'm doing OK. I'm no wiser though ..... like most blokes my mental maturity stopped at around 17 .... but at least have more money than when I was 17!

Happy birthday and welcome to the AARP.:jap: A few years ago when I hit fitty,I flew here from my then home in Cali to celebrate by fishing and diving in Phuket. Ended up with food poisining and spent the day in my hotel room. :blink: Hope your day is better than mine was.........

Well you old guys , it seems that if you are in good physical condition at age 50 , do not smoke or drink , not overweight or diabetic , your life expectancy is into your 80's with few health problems , keep ' IT ' up , keep excercising and watch what you put in your mouth , you are what you eat .

An ' Old fart ' who is almost there , 80 that is 555

Thanks all, guys. Some funny comments there. Today, I am working, but I guess that tonight will be sweeter than usual. Will try to avoid food poisoning,..

I'll also check with my mrs that I am still in good functional order, although I had a very recent check up, and that I passed the test, but that was yesterday when I still was in my 40s' :lol:

Thanks all for the wishes!

Will try to make the best out of this new milestone....

Will enjoy as much as I can

Congrats on 50! When I hit that number I am hoping it will just be another number!