Gay Scene

Same old same, was there a couple of weeks back. Two host bars remain, Regency (next to Wang Come Hotel) is now the better with a few boys, though nothing to shout about. Lobos, moved up the Soi a couple of years ago into a single shop house and is now just called Boy Bar or something - Rather dire.

Night Bazaar is always friendly with plenty of fun guys hanging around the food court and beer counter if you speak Thai.

Sperm club (a bit south of the town center) is rumored to be popular club with the local boys, especially at weekends, though I haven't tried.

Same old same, was there a couple of weeks back. Two host bars remain, Regency (next to Wang Come Hotel) is now the better with a few boys, though nothing to shout about. Lobos, moved up the Soi a couple of years ago into a single shop house and is now just called Boy Bar or something - Rather dire.

Night Bazaar is always friendly with plenty of fun guys hanging around the food court and beer counter if you speak Thai.

Sperm club (a bit south of the town center) is rumored to be popular club with the local boys, especially at weekends, though I haven't tried.

thanks are those bars near the roandabout with the clock?

is the wang com hotel the same as the wiang inn hotel?

rick

Edited by rickthailand

rick

Yes - near the clock.

A google map saves a thousand words: Google map for bar location in Chiang Rai

Wangcome hotel and Wiang Inn are not the same. Wangcome is very Chinese and quite dated now, Wiang Inn is better and more modern IMHO, and probably only slightly more expensive.

rick

Yes - near the clock.

A google map saves a thousand words: Google map for bar location in Chiang Rai

Wangcome hotel and Wiang Inn are not the same. Wangcome is very Chinese and quite dated now, Wiang Inn is better and more modern IMHO, and probably only slightly more expensive.

thanks for the map i will be staying at the wiang inn, what is the best time in your opinion to visit the bars?

thanx again

rick

thanks for the map i will be staying at the wiang inn, what is the best time in your opinion to visit the bars?

Probably after 9 p.m., don't leave it too late as Chiang Rai is a sleepy town and not much is open into late night. The bars don't have a show so there's nothing to miss if you don't go at a certain time. Regency had a couple of boys dancing go-go on a podium last time I went.

Personally I'd go to the Night Bazaar about 8.30 p.m. then head to the bars when I'd got bored of flirting with the beer boys in the food court ;) Of course, there are some restaurants to eat at, but the Night Bazaar has so many food stalls you can order just about anything and the boys will bring it to the table :rolleyes:

Enjoy - we look forward to the kiss and tell report!

Probably after 9 p.m., don't leave it too late as Chiang Rai is a sleepy town and not much is open into late night. The bars don't have a show so there's nothing to miss if you don't go at a certain time. Regency had a couple of boys dancing go-go on a podium last time I went.

Personally I'd go to the Night Bazaar about 8.30 p.m. then head to the bars when I'd got bored of flirting with the beer boys in the food court ;) Of course, there are some restaurants to eat at, but the Night Bazaar has so many food stalls you can order just about anything and the boys will bring it to the table :rolleyes:

thanks again, i will report back after my weekend there!!!

rick

thanks again, i will report back after my weekend there!!!

rick

well for who is interested i went to regency at around 9pm and there were 2 thai customers and about 6 boys who

took turns dancing on the stage. it is a small place but the boys were friendly and i think the prices were ok.

stayed there until 12 than went to a very mixed discotheque ( can not remember the name!!!)

so in all it was an ok night but dont expect anything like chiang mai or bkk obviously.

rick