Ways And Chances To Get Hiv Infected.

Shurup

Recently been reading one topic and there were a lot of controversial info about how easy it is to get HIV infection with some folks say there is a very small chance (from woman to a man in that case), and others say the chances are a lot higher...

Leaving the sexual intercourse alone, I was always wondering how easy it is to get infected during an oral sex (fellatio and cunniling) (sp???) both ways, M to F and F to M. I guess the chances are higher if there is any sores on the sex organs or any mouth sores, but I read the presence of HIV in saliva is almost non existent....

Also, weird cases like can it be transfered via mosquitoes? Once in a while you slap and kill the mosquito and there is blood in it from it's previous "meal". If that previous person has an HIV, wouldn't there be a high risk of getting it when you have blood from the mosquito on yourself?

Opinions?

You probably asking this Question as you have slipped up a few too many times when drunk with hoas or whatever... i tried to look into the statistics in depth a few years ago for similar reasons.

It more difficult for a man to catch unless it gay sex for the most part. Many do not like to discuss statistics as professionals have noted that it will make men feel more freedom to spread an unprotected seed. Naturally oral is digested and you can catch if blood in the fluids, which is often the case.

Any sores, abrasions, etc on genitils you more likely to catch.

Anyway you want real numbers yes? Women are over 60x more likely to catch from a HIV infected man than vice versa. You can guess the reasons easy enough... as you getting a good load of blood cells in your body.

No risk via kissing, insect bites, etc (That is known) as not enough of the virus to live and spread in your body. Unless of course a bleeding sore or wound on both parties, etc. Exceptional circumstances category. Oral given to women very low unless period time or sore producing more blood cells. Sperm has plenty enough blood cells to make a man or women infected if injected.

Yet if you play high risk long enough it will get you sooner or later- or Hep C or much easier to get diseases. But yes women much higher risk when unprotected- now do not think u can be free and easy with your seed as you have a lower chance- lol.

lol, I expected to see some funny answers like that, when people assume that I play risky "games".

It happened that I became single again shortly before I got a work in Thailand so if I said I never was with "hoas or whatever", I would be lying. I always practiced safe sex and as I said, I want to leave sexual intercourse alone as I am aware of what I can or cannot get and what the chances are. I was also doing medical check ups once in a while to see if I was "clean".

Now I am back to monogamous relationship for about a year now so I am not worrying about getting or giving anything but I still have unanswered questions I would love to get answers to.

I love oral (to give and to receive) so here was the reason asking.

Also I am aware that you can't really get it with insect bites but that is when it bites you and leaves. What I am wondering is if you slap one and there is blood in it from the previous person it bites. If that previous person is infected, isn't there a chance to get infected yourself? Wouldn't slapping of a mosquito force some blood from it into you?

Edited by Shurup

The virus does not live and replicate in insects. You cannot get it from mosquitoes no matter what you do with/to them.

Risk of transmission from oral sex is low but not zero. If one were to list sexual activities by degree of risk from most to least it would go something like: anal intercourse, vaginal intercourse, and then in third place oral sex. The virus does not live in saliva (hence cannot be transmitted by kissing or sharing food utensils etc) so the only way a man can get it from oral sex with a woman is if there is contact with blood, e.g. if there are open sores, cuts, abrasions (which do not necessarily have to be large enough to be visible, but obviously the larger/deeper the greater the chance)or menstrual bleeding.

Since the virus is present in semen, women and gay men can get it from oral sex more easily altho it is still a less efficient mode of transmission than intercourse.

Thx Sheryl, short and to the point.

So it's safe to assume that the oral sex from infected woman to a non-inf. man (fellatio) or from infected man to a non-inf. woman (cunnilingus) is relatively safe unless there are mouth/genital sores?

I think the more pertinent statement to make in this regard would be that it is not "safe" to "assume" anything.. Unless safe sex practices are followed, there will always be a risk however small and even then, nothing is 100% "guaranteed".

Contracting HIV is life changing event; the outcome of which may be fatal, it is worth taking seriously..