Moving To Bangkok

I happen to come accross a sign just outside my apartment building advertising 6-10 wheel trucks for hire.

083-1721077

It was written in Thai, so you may have to find somebody who can help you with the talking.

Thanks for the replies.

My bad, I should have clarified. I am just looking for someone with a regular pickup truck with enough room at the back for a scooter and a few boxes. Then can drive me and the stuff up to bangkok.

Thanks guys as always if you know of someone. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Move completed, I wanted to leave some useful information on this thread on how I moved my belongings to Bangkok from lamai beach, Samui.

The options I found were:

- Hire a driver and pickup truck for 10,000 Baht. This includes everything including the gasoline, toll etc. Their phone numbers can be found stickered on the lamp posts in Lamai. You'll need to get someone who can speak thai on the phone with them.

- Post office. They can ship boxes, bags and even motorbike. The cost for the boxes or bags depends on weight, a 20kg bag was about 300baht as an example. A regular scooter under 125cc is 1760 baht from Lamai to Bangkok (and you pick it up at the closes post office). Takes a week to get to Bangkok by regular post.

- Samui Kohn song - This is a private company that can ship anything for you to Bangkok. They are located across from the Pukka massage in Lamai along the ring road. They charge your box/bag by size, not weight. I paid 200baht per box. Pickup is at their depot near Bangkok Southern bus station (sai dai). Takes only a couple days to get to Bangkok. Scooters they charge 2000baht each.

The main things to consider between post office and Samui Kohn song is that the latter, you need to go to the depot for pickup which is out west of Bangkok. My taxi from Ratchada to the depot cost 180baht one way. They deliver faster though within 2 days. Scooters they ship once a week.

Hope this information is useful. Cheers

10k for a pickup all inclusive sounds like quite a good deal.

"Mind you, I cannot get my head around posting a motorbike to Bangkok! How much to the UK I wonder? :whistling:"

i've had one delivered to me from udon thani. 6k lower than the samui price for the same bike and that was after paying 1k for transport.