Shane Formerly Of Nld

gaga2011

He was on his way to Kanchanburi to pay his respects to the Australian prisoners of war, when the van he was in went out of control and hit a truck. The driver i still alive but critical.

I have known Shane (53) for a few years, and a really nice guy he was too. RIP and condolences to his wife and children whom he sadly leaves behind

I met Shane through property rentals .... a real gentleman ... our condolences go out to his lovely wife and children.

Please keep me posted regarding any Thai funeral service.

RIP shane .. he will be missed.

from what i'm told there is unlikely to be a funeral in thailand as his family are fairly well off and have already flown over from oz ..

does anyone know if there is a memorial service being held in pattaya ? where and when ?

Edited by silentnine

I was at LD1 last night and the girls were talking about the accident...very sad indeed.

I was on the same flight as him from Perth two weeks ago but didn't get the chance to talk with him.

Life is very fragile. RIP

I met Shane through property rentals .... a real gentleman ... our condolences go out to his lovely wife and children.

Please keep me posted regarding any Thai funeral service.

I took this from another Pattaya forum ( PSF) .

""Dear All,

I have just spoken with Shane's son Jason.

Jason has given me his permission to post his mobile number here on Secrets should anyone wish to contact him regarding the arrangements for Shane and/or to pass on their condolences.

He said at this stage it looks like there will be a ceremony for Shane will be next Thursday in Thailand and he will be finally laid to rest in Perth, Australia after that.""

Never knew the guy, but reading the posts here from those who did, he was clearly a top man. What a truly awful thing to have happened, especially given the circumstances of his trip to kanchanaburi. According to the national press this morning the truck had been pulled over outside a gas station to allow the Australian Consul's motorcade to pass through unhindered. The minivan with the two Aussie passengers was behind the motorcade when the truck pulled back out and a collision occured. Wonder if the Australian Consul's party was aware of the tragedy which unfolded behind them. RIP.

"Wonder if the Australian Consul's party was aware of the tragedy which unfolded behind them. RIP"

Yes they were Exsexyman.

The second service for the day was the 10am morning service at the city war graves cementary.

Before this service commenced the Governor General of Australia Ms Quentin Bryce AM, gave her

condolences to the family of the deceased.

To anyone that was there, they would be noticed that the G-G was clearly upset by the lose of a

fellow Australian in such tragic circumstances.

My condolences to his family and friends.