From Windows 98 To Wxp Can Not Log On

Mumbo Jumbo

I have been using Windows 98 for some years now, but have just upgraded to Windows XP, in the past while using W98, I could access my Bank account no problem ( required SLL 128 Bit encryption ) but now I try and access my bank account with Windows XP, I can log onto the web sit Ok, then fill in the pin numbers etc, and click enter, but all that happens is at the bottom of the window it say's Done. and does not show any account information...? can any one please offer some advice on what ive done wrong...?

Thanks ..... Mumbo

I have been using Windows 98 for some years now, but have just upgraded to Windows XP, in the past while using W98, I could access my Bank account no problem ( required SLL 128 Bit encryption  ) but now I try and access my bank account with Windows XP, I can log onto the web sit Ok, then fill in the pin numbers etc, and click enter, but all that happens is at the bottom of the window it say's Done. and does not show any account information...? can any one please offer some advice on what ive done wrong...?

Thanks ..... Mumbo

Some banks will only work under Internet Explorer (Bangkok Bank for certain). If using IE then under Internet Options check the settings for "Privacy" should be Medium and under "Security" you might try setting Custom to Medium-Low or Low (temporarily) to see if this helps then isolate the specific option that may be stopping you. Under Advanced, make sure Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 are enabled

As other posters have mentioned, in order to access bank accounts on-line, most banks require Internet Explorer. If you are using this and the advise that tywais offered didn't help then there are a couple of other possibilities.

1. Many banks once logged-in, Open a new window to display account details. Does your browser block popup's for the banks website, or do you have any form of pop-up blocker software installed, if so then you will have to either allow popup's for the banks web site or disable when accesing the web site.

2. The only other possibility I can think of is that you have Java disabled

Hope this helps