Visa Based On Thai Dependent Child

Visa

Is it possible to get a visa based on supporting dependent child,i have a son ,name on birth certificate,i live with the mother and the child but not married

Im currently on a multi entry non o which expires on the 5th of may,can i get some kind of extension or do i just go out and get another 90 days on the 4th

You can get a 12 month extension if you are the legal Father and you can meet the financial requirements.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

This might be of use.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/

You can get a 12 month extension if you are the legal Father and you can meet the financial requirements.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

I have a non imm o multi expires 5th may (1)

what proof of family relationship (2)

I can provide evidence of over 400000 baht plus each year i been here

The baby is only 2 years and 10 months so i assume try the amphur if dont work go to court with partner i assume

So were do i go and what do i do next?

Edited by Smithy99

Being on birth certificate is not enough.

If you are not married you have to go to court to be recognized as legal father.

Do youknow the procedure for this?

I am going tru the same thing as you now. Just came back from the Amphur today.

In order for the Amphur to recognized you as the legal father and issue you the letter stating you as the father of the child, the child have to be at least 7 years old (mine is 5 yrs old) as the kid should be able to write his own name and answer from questions from the Amphur. (This is the letter as proof of relationship with the child)

The only option you have now in order to get hold of the relationship letter is going tru court system which is the Family Court at Sanam Luang if you are located in Bangkok. Engaging a lawyer should lessen some hassle.

Hope i have input something for you here.

Edited by ShopBoy

I've got mine at Vientiane one week ago. I bring a lot of docs to be sure that I will get the visa. So the documents were:

1. Birth certificate

2. Copy of ID card of the mother

3. Blue book copy

4. Letter from my embassy declaring income of more than 40,000 baht a month.

5. 2000 baht visa fee

Same as you, I am not married.

I've got mine at Vientiane one week ago. I bring a lot of docs to be sure that I will get the visa. So the documents were:

1. Birth certificate

2. Copy of ID card of the mother

3. Blue book copy

4. Letter from my embassy declaring income of more than 40,000 baht a month.

5. 2000 baht visa fee

Same as you, I am not married.

What kind of visa did they issue you ?

I did the family court thingy years ago and cost circa 50k.

If the child is 7yo as mentioned, no need for court....but areas vary as always and if the child is 5 or 6 and if in an area where your missus knows or can get to know the village chief...he can go with you and varify along with the child doing his bit also....at 5yo he should be able to confirm whom daddy is in a line up of Somchais......teach him to write his name also prior if he cannot now.

It is still up to their discretion, but can be done from 5yo depending on area and village head. But as yours is 2yo you have no choice but court I believe.

Have received and send a PM back to the OP.

There is the option of a 60 day extension with simply showing the birth certificate and household registration book and child it self.

50K seems a lot, believe it is possible to do it much cheaper. Especially when the mother doesn't object it is normally a simple routine job which doesn't require a fancy lawfirm. Shopping

around and comparing prices will be more than worth while.

I agree......but there was other circumstances at the time and also I had no idea then.

it was not a fancy law firm either, but it took about 3 months to complete and appear in court.

I have a 6yo that I will just take to the amphur with the village leader and do it that way this time....no rush this time round as and maybe no need as immigration seem to accept her as my dependant as well as the boy even though I did not go through the process with her.

Edited by Maestro
Removed pejorative.

Have received and send a PM back to the OP.

There is the option of a 60 day extension with simply showing the birth certificate and household registration book and child it self.

50K seems a lot, believe it is possible to do it much cheaper. Especially when the mother doesn't object it is normally a simple routine job which doesn't require a fancy lawfirm. Shopping

around and comparing prices will be more than worth while.

You will need a little more paper work than mentioned above, (I got my 4th 60 day extension last week, each one on a new Non-O from Laos)

Copy of your main passport page

Copy of your visa in the passport

Copy of your TM6

Correctly filled out TM7 complete with correct size photograph

Copy of child's birth certificate

Copy of your girlfriends ID card

Copy of the first page of the family book

Copy of the page that shows your child in the family book

1900 Baht fee

Your girlfriend needs to be with you, but last time we went it was our daughters first day at kindergarden, so she was not with us, but the officer never even mentioned that

Hope this helps

The requirement is that the children live with you and you can show an income of 40,000 a month OR 400,000 in a Thai bank account in your name for 2 months.

If you do not meet the requirements, best bet is to get a new multiple non-O and leave the country every 90 days.

• 9 months later...

Sorry to hijack this thread slightly.

Has anyone had success in getting a one year extension in Bangkok based on children as dependents ?

I'm divorced but have court docs to prove legal custody. Work permit, but income below 40k per month.

Thanks,

GFL.

i got my first 12 month extension based on the thai child from bangkok because the imigration where i live refused it as is the case whith a lot of provinces, im informed that many people went to bkk to do this, so now bkk is refusing the issue them any more and states that you have to apply to the immigration where you live. might be woth getting an address in bkk so you can apply there as bkk go by the book and its much less hassle there