Making A Quick Transfer From Uk To Thai Bank

Hi peeps.

I need to make a transfer from my UK bank account to my Thai bank account and it has to be made in the next 5 working days. It's approx 3-5k GBP.

Lloyds are telling me to give 7-10 working days which is no good (they first said 2-5 working days which I was prepared to risk). I did have 2 Nationwide cards so could withdraw 30,000 THB a day, but one card was swallowed up, making this a bit difficult.

Do I have any other options for a quicker transfer that will get here in time for next Monday?

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

Regards,

Jack

If you request your UK Bank, which appears to be a major one to make a SWIFT transfer to your account here it should be availabe within 48 hours. Friday is a holiday in the UK and there is the time diff. but if they action it tomorrow it should be with you in Thailand by Friday. On the amount you are talking about the costs will be around 20 pounds at the UK end and a maximum of 500 baht at the Thai end.

I use Alliance and Leicester (I know, now Santander) and transferred a sum just last Wednesday to Bangkok Bank, phoned at 3pm local time - 9am UK time and the money was as available funds the following mid morning here when I checked at the ATM. All that is needed is your Thai banks Swift code, at least that's all the A+L need.

If you request your UK Bank, which appears to be a major one to make a SWIFT transfer to your account here it should be availabe within 48 hours. Friday is a holiday in the UK and there is the time diff. but if they action it tomorrow it should be with you in Thailand by Friday. On the amount you are talking about the costs will be around 20 pounds at the UK end and a maximum of 500 baht at the Thai end.

If you have a Visa debit card you could always walk into a major bank in Thailand (I used Bangkok Bank) and do a manual withdrawal on the spot.

Good idea to phone your bank in the Uk to let them know its coming just in case, also take your passport with you for ID .Your UK bank will charge, you need to know their fees.

Possible alternative for you.

If you can make the SWIFT from your nationwide on line...I do this and its normally received the next day and certainly within 48hrs. 25Quid charge with NW

Send as soon as poss and at the latest early tomorrow and all should go well.

As other posters have already noted its another long weekend in the UK coming up and the 2nd May is a holiday here (labour day).

Edited by Tafia