Pattaya Rugby - Annual 10'S Tournament

QED

As per the topic title, it is the annual Pattaya 10's Rugby Tournament this weekend at Horseshoe Point near Mabprachan Lake (Google it for a map).

Unfortunately this event is always woefully publicised, and every year many people say they would have loved to have come if they had known about it. I am supposed to be playing and only found out today!! (but I have been away a few weeks).

So come along for a great weekend of rugby, there are 4 leagues of 4 teams from all over Thailand playing on Saturday, then knockout stages on Sunday. Pattaya's games are scheduled for 11am, 1-30pm and 3-50pm on Saturday if you want to support your local team. Group games start at 9-00am on Sat, and knockout games at 10-00am on Sunday.

Plenty of food and drink available, no entrance fee, and a real carnival atmosphere - see you there (I am normally the one being carried off with broken ribs or a split head!).

Have to agree about the woeful lack of advertising for this type of event and at Horseshoe Point in particular. Last weekend there was an International sixes cricket tournament at the same resort but I didn't see a single sign advertising it either in Pattaya or even on the roads leading to it. For a supposed 5-star resort trying to attract people by staging this sort of event they leave a lot to be desired.

Well we had our final training session last night, and I must say Pattaya should not come out with the wooden spoon this year!

Hope to see some of you there tomorrow, fun and games kick off at 9am.