Culinary Schools For Foreigners In Bangkok Thailand

Prasannas

Many years ago when the wife and I needed to go to Bangkok, we would stay at the Federal Hotel. This is a little 3 star hotel on Sukhumvitt Soi 11.

The way they prepared some of my favorite Thai dishes was just incredible, so the wife asked the cook for the recipes. The cook took my wife to the market the next morning at 4:30am, where all the food was purchased for the hotel. When they returned, my wife spent 6 hours with the cook in the kitchen preparing and learning. She tipped the cook a 1000 baht for the lesson.

If you are just doing this for youself, get a Thai speaked to interpret, check out some of the food stalls along any road in Bangkok and learn how they make the dishes. It is my belief that the food stalls probably have the best tasting food in Thailand, where your organized schools only give you a generic rendition of a dish. Won't cost very much...... around 25-50 baht/dish

wow verry expensive that school over 165.000 thai baht i find one take a look

http://bangkokthaicookingacademy.com/

That's like comparing Harvard to Daytona Beach community college.

ok yes its a amazing school buth its depend what do you want to do for after the cours, working for a 5 stars restaurant or only for your pleasure to learn Thai coocking if its only for pleasur why paid 165.000 baht

Le Cordon Bleu Dusit Culinary School is basically number one in Thailand. There are a few other Universities in Bangkok those are geared towards Thai’s. Now if your goal is to get a career in this field then Le Cordon Bleu Dusit Culinary School would be the wise choice.

When you say the price is expensive, and I’ve looked at their prices. Expect some investment, if you are an American citizen, you might be able to qualify for a student loan or you can call mommy and daddy for the money. Well, you get what you pay for and can have the honor of putting that school down on your resume. It’s like putting down Oxford, Harvard, Stanford Universities, it’s the name.

How about TIFA (AjarnJingsak)? Worth giving a try ...

I agree. Jingsak is a great Thai chef. Plus you probably can't get better entertainment value while learning to cook excellent, authentic Thai food than with him.

Oxford,Harvard, Stanford ? Le Cordon Bleu is for bored housewives and debs who need to know a couple of dinner party recipes and what wine not to serve. Certainly not for budding, future Michelin star chefs. As a former graduate of Leiths School of food and wine, Kensington,(1 million baht)I know LCB is not for serious cooks.

Le Cordon Bleu Dusit Culinary School is basically number one in Thailand. There are a few other Universities in Bangkok those are geared towards Thai's. Now if your goal is to get a career in this field then Le Cordon Bleu Dusit Culinary School would be the wise choice.

When you say the price is expensive, and I've looked at their prices. Expect some investment, if you are an American citizen, you might be able to qualify for a student loan or you can call mommy and daddy for the money. Well, you get what you pay for and can have the honor of putting that school down on your resume. It's like putting down Oxford, Harvard, Stanford Universities, it's the name.

Oxford,Harvard, Stanford ? Le Cordon Bleu is for bored housewives and debs who need to know a couple of dinner party recipes and what wine not to serve. Certainly not for budding, future Michelin star chefs. As a former graduate of Leiths School of food and wine, Kensington,(1 million baht)I know LCB is not for serious cooks.

Le Cordon Bleu Dusit Culinary School is basically number one in Thailand. There are a few other Universities in Bangkok those are geared towards Thai's. Now if your goal is to get a career in this field then Le Cordon Bleu Dusit Culinary School would be the wise choice.

When you say the price is expensive, and I've looked at their prices. Expect some investment, if you are an American citizen, you might be able to qualify for a student loan or you can call mommy and daddy for the money. Well, you get what you pay for and can have the honor of putting that school down on your resume. It's like putting down Oxford, Harvard, Stanford Universities, it's the name.

Ok. Then you pay for his tution, housing and transportation fees to your Leiths School of food and wine in Kensington.

Oriental Hotel inhouse Thai cuisine cooking course. Not suitable for the bored housewife or debutante. Suitable for the student who wishes to perfect several popular Thai dishes.

Ok. Then you pay for his tution, housing and transportation fees to your Leiths School of food and wine in Kensington.

Why? Edited by thecornishman

Many years ago when the wife and I needed to go to Bangkok, we would stay at the Federal Hotel. This is a little 3 star hotel on Sukhumvitt Soi 11.

The way they prepared some of my favorite Thai dishes was just incredible, so the wife asked the cook for the recipes. The cook took my wife to the market the next morning at 4:30am, where all the food was purchased for the hotel. When they returned, my wife spent 6 hours with the cook in the kitchen preparing and learning. She tipped the cook a 1000 baht for the lesson.

If you are just doing this for youself, get a Thai speaked to interpret, check out some of the food stalls along any road in Bangkok and learn how they make the dishes. It is my belief that the food stalls probably have the best tasting food in Thailand, where your organized schools only give you a generic rendition of a dish. Won't cost very much...... around 25-50 baht/dish

The problem with street food is that not all cooks have the same skill and not all the food is healthy. But your post certainly has merit.

Sample different stalls, and when you find a cook whose food you like, get him or her to teach you. I find that most Thai cooks are flattered when a foreigner compliments them, and I have never had anyone refuse to teach me.

Then adjust the recipe and/or cooking methods to make it healthier (no palm oil, better refridgeration, cleanliness, etc.)

Of course, all of this preposes that you have some basic skills in the kitchen. If you don't, then frankly, the high-end schools may be a waste, and a simple school which can give you the basic techniques might be a better option. Once you have the foundation, you can build on that.

I did contaced t

Oriental Hotel inhouse Thai cuisine cooking course. Not suitable for the bored housewife or debutante. Suitable for the student who wishes to perfect several popular Thai dishes.

hey allow only weekend course only.Even it's just a short time course. But, i do need a long term learning course. Thank You
his place. T

Why?

New to this forum but not new to Thailand. I guess you could call me an un-official tour guide to Thailand. I once lived there and have visited year after year, usually bring my co-workers with me to see the sights. For the least six years I have taken friends to BAIPAI Thai Cooking School. Classes are 1,400 baht and last four hours. You prepare four dishes and of course you get to eat what you prepare. The price includes round trip to and from your hotel in Bangkok. They are on the web..