Thai Return Policy

I have just bought some computer hardware from IT City, Pantip Plaza, Bangkok. At home, unboxing and trying it - I am not satisfied with the product, and if I can't return it - I've lost what I paid.

Can I expect, to be able to return it? There is nothing wrong with the product - I just can't use it. Is there any return policy laws in Thailand?

IT City is usually pretty good about that as long as it is not software. There are no returns on opened software.

Although generally it is less hassle to get store credit as opposed to an actual monetary refund.

In my experience most places are pretty good and will exchange things easily, getting the cash back is not always so easy (unless big store like Tesco etc), you can ask and you may be lucky but better to just try and exchange.Be nice, smile alot and you may get the cash.

Edited by CharlieH

I wish you much luck. I purchased something from them (once) years ago. I asked them several times if this item (can't remember what it was w/out racking my brain :-) doesn't work with my computer...... will you take it back w/ refund. Every time their answer was the same "sure." Yea???? except when I took it back. Seems to me many Thais and Thai business have an exceptionally difficult time giving money back to anyone once it has gone into their pocket - regardless of agreement etc.

Update: I went back to IT City (one day after the purchase) and asked for the manager, smiled a lot, explained my problem nice and slowly. They then debated it for some time, 3-4 people. They finally agreed to let me get another product. I asked if I could get a store credit, so I could spend it another time, but I had to spend it all right away. While I was picking another product. I noticed how the unpacked and tested my returned product right away. Very different "return policy" situation here in LOS, than in Europe one must conclude (Denmark in my case) But all-in-all, I am very satisfied, not being stuck with a product I could not use.

BTW: Some time ago I went to IT City, with a broken product, about 2 weeks after the purchase. Even though I tried hard, they would not let me return it "Sorry, to late Sir." Point: If you buy a dodgy product in Thailand, make sure it breaks within 7 days after the purchase ;-)