In Phnom Penh Now

Arrived in PP today and met with a visa agent recommended to me by a T-V fellow traveler. The agent says that double-entry tourist visas are available as of now. The price is $ 88 all in. Also, 1 day turn around possible with this price...mentioned that a 2 day turnaround was only $ 3 less. (His only concern was to hurry and get my visa before Thailand and Cambodia start a full-scale war and the Thai ambassador gets recalled and the visa mill winds to a halt.)

I will go tomorrow and report back re the results when my passport is returned.

Edited by FarangBuddha

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up passport this morning with 2x tourist visa. The cost per entry $ 35...plus $ 18 in charges for the one day turn-around and the agent's fees.

The agent did everything...just drop off passport and a photo and your're done. He said standard service is about 2-3 day service.

For me, the $ 18 is totally worth it...not having to go down and deal with the embassy hassle (a Tuk-tuk or moto alone would cost one $ 6 return). If you get him your passport before 10 in the morning you will have it that nite. (Just be sure to plan you trip so there are no Thai or Khmer holidays at the time.)

Picked up passport this morning with 2x tourist visa. The cost per entry $ 35...plus $ 18 in charges for the one day turn-around and the agent's fees.

The agent did everything...just drop off passport and a photo and your're done. He said standard service is about 2-3 day service.

For me, the $ 18 is totally worth it...not having to go down and deal with the embassy hassle (a Tuk-tuk or moto alone would cost one $ 6 return). If you get him your passport before 10 in the morning you will have it that nite. (Just be sure to plan you trip so there are no Thai or Khmer holidays at the time.)

Hi. Would you be kind enough to PM to me, the contact information for this Agent? Thank you.

DR

For me, the $ 18 is totally worth it...not having to go down and deal with the embassy hassle (a Tuk-tuk or moto alone would cost one $ 6 return).

Actually $ 12 (two trips on two days to drop-off and pick-up).

Hi. Would you be kind enough to PM to me, the contact information for this Agent? Thank you.

DR

Mr. Keo

LMN Travel & Tours (near Paragon Hotel)

221 Sisowath

012 767 401

Edited by sbk
email removed per forum rules

DR

Mr. Keo

221 Sisowath

012 767 401

[email protected]

That's the same guy I used. So that's at least two reports that he's legit.

DR

Mr. Keo

221 Sisowath

012 767 401

[email protected]

Yep no problems. Thanks for the tip.

$18 sounds fair for double entry- one day service. Your statement about paying $6 for a tuk-tuk/moto ride. How far are you from the Thai embassy? I stayed on the riverside and pay no more the $4 buck to and from embassy. Motorbike $1 or $1.50 one way.

$18 sounds fair for double entry- one day service. Your statement about paying $6 for a tuk-tuk/moto ride. How far are you from the Thai embassy? I stayed on the riverside and pay no more the $4 buck to and from embassy. Motorbike $1 or $1.50 one way.

On the riverfront too but I was taking tuk-tuks (more comfortable than motos and marginally safer :unsure:) and while I never went to the embassy obviously, I did go to the Russian Market (similar distance) and paid 3 bucks each way so the $ 6 return fare. I suppose you could get it for $ 2/4 but the extra 2 bucks makes no difference to me. In any case, factoring in the fares you save, the visa service itself is costing only $ 10-12.

FB, I paid $3 to go to the RTE each way from almost the exact same area near the river front. last year on my first triip to PP. Since then I have used riels with the tuktuk/moto-taxis and short runs of roughly 1 or 2k is only 2000r or 50 cents. thanks for the trip report as I have forworded the agent info to a freind who is going this week.

FB, I paid $3 to go to the RTE each way from almost the exact same area near the river front. last year on my first triip to PP. Since then I have used riels with the tuktuk/moto-taxis and short runs of roughly 1 or 2k is only 2000r or 50 cents. thanks for the trip report as I have forworded the agent info to a freind who is going this week.

I may have been a little generous with my drivers but was still paying half what I would have to pay a drunk Thai moto driver for a comparable trip so was not too concerned about it. But what you say is true...moto trips around town are anything up to a dollar and with a tuk-tuk $ 2-3 (uses more gas and can take up to 3 people).

• 2 weeks later...

That trip to embassy from any hotel on Sisawat should not cost more than US1. In fact, half that.

Phnom Penh is far more choked with traffic as years pass by, still it is an easy city to walk via back streets.

So you did zero walking?

Did not take a moto, opted for a tuk-tuk's and gloriously overpaid them (Are you aware the Khmer number system is almost identical to Thai?)

Did not stay long enough to see much if any of the city.

Did not make it out to the any of provinces.

Was on the first plane back to BKK with all the other single, male visa runners asap.

Sound about right?

Wow, what an adventure.

About the only positive thing I see in it all is maybe with the baksheesh, you are more assured that double. I cannot for the life of me understand the obsession to scurry back to Thailand as quickly as possible.

What "hassles" do you speak of? The only hassle I can think of is the embassy declining your app, or at least a double. Or, do you mean the process by which someone (presumably the applicant) must go through for every visa at every embassy/consulate around the world?

I have come to the conclusion that the vast number of expatriates have little or no interest in Asia and that includes Thailand other than the cheap amenities it affords.

If Thailand wanted to wash out another 15-25% of those living on TRs it would require everyone front up for their visas.

For what it's worth...I have traveled to and from PP by sharing a taxi,plane,vip bus and public bus. I love the country,the much less frenentic pace and the people who get by on much less while maintaining a refrehingly warm and good natured attitude. Cambodia has come a very long way in the last 12 years or so after decades of atrocities that staggers the mind of anyone with a shred of humanity. I look forward to my next trip there in the next day or so.:jap:

^ I like the place, spent some time cycle touring last year, and going back at end of this month for a week, a bit more cycling, lots more walking, maybe some tuktuks as required, sightseeing, and a visa.

To OP - thanks for this thread, and for keeping it positive!

That trip to embassy from any hotel on Sisawat should not cost more than US1. In fact, half that.

Phnom Penh is far more choked with traffic as years pass by, still it is an easy city to walk via back streets.

So you did zero walking?

Did not take a moto, opted for a tuk-tuk's and gloriously overpaid them (Are you aware the Khmer number system is almost identical to Thai?)

Was on the first plane back to BKK with all the other single, male visa runners asap.

Sound about right?

Wow, what an adventure.

About the only positive thing I see in it all is maybe with the baksheesh, you are more assured that double. I cannot for the life of me understand the obsession to scurry back to Thailand as quickly as possible.

What "hassles" do you speak of? The only hassle I can think of is the embassy declining your app, or at least a double. Or, do you mean the process by which someone (presumably the applicant) must go through for every visa at every embassy/consulate around the world?

I have come to the conclusion that the vast number of expatriates have little or no interest in Asia and that includes Thailand other than the cheap amenities it affords.

If Thailand wanted to wash out another 15-25% of those living on TRs it would require everyone front up for their visas.

Bit of a rant. Feel better now?

I have to leave the country every 90 days as I am on a multi-entry non-imm b visa. I don't hang around in the countries I visit either, I don't consider my trips as holidays and I have things to do in Thailand. Perhaps the OP feels the same? Either way there's no obligation to check out the local culture and maybe he's already done that on a previous visit?

Not everybody has endless amounts of time to wander around South East Asia at their leisure and some people can't be bothered to barter in order to save a couple of bucks. Why not just do your own thing and stop worrying about what others are doing - or do you feel the need to point out how superior you feel because you saved 60 baht on a short journey and immersed yourself in the local culture, man?

• Like 1

That trip to embassy from any hotel on Sisawat uishould not cost more than US1. In fact, half that.

U

So you did zero walking?

Sound about right?

Wow, what an adventure.

I have to leave the country every 90 days as I am on a multi-entry non-imm b visa. I don't hang around in the countries I visit either, I don't consider my trips as holidays and I have things to do in Thailand. Perhaps the OP feels the same? Either way there's no obligation to check out the local culture and maybe he's already done that on a previous visit?

Not everybody has endless amounts of time to wander around South East Asia at their leisure and some people can't be bothered to barter in order to save a couple of bucks. Why not just do your own thing and stop worrying about what others are doing - or do you feel the need to point out how superior you feel because you saved 60 baht on a short journey and immersed yourself in the local culture, man?

Thanks for the assist...said it better than I could.

That trip to embassy from any hotel on Sisawat uishould not cost more than US1. In fact, half that.

U

So you did zero walking?

Sound about right?

Wow, what an adventure.

Thanks for the assist...said it better than I could.

+1

Just an update..... I used the agent recommended in this topic forum and it was a good experience. About a 7 hour turn around including pick up and delivery. Double tourist visa. Did this on Thursday this week.

DR

Mr. Keo

221 Sisowath

012 767 401

Now three :intheclub:

Edited by sbk
email removed

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for details of Mr Keo - back last night from 5 nights in PP, had never used an agent before and very happy with service, dropped off passport Sunday evening on way to hotel from airport (not too many street numbers to be seen but Paragon Hotel easy to find) said no hurry as didn't leave till Friday, dropped in Wednesday as we'd been on a cycle trip and were on the riverfront, passport with 2x Tourist Visas there for me, all sorted, don't know if he'd had it back Mon or Tues evening; good efficient service.

Fees as per earlier post, US $70 for consulate charges, $18 for agent.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just on my way back now. I used same guy

Mr. Keo

221 Sisowath

012 767 401

[email protected]

dropped passport with him about 9:30am and picked it up 7:30pm. Very friendly. Got good rate on changing THB to $ also. (strangely could not find anywhere that gave as good a rate for $ as I got in Suvarnabhumi airport)

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to add, I wrote previously Mr. Keo could not procure an education visa...only tourist visas. This was correct as it was information I garnered directly from talking to him. However, I will update this information now to state he can get an education visa if one has all the proper paperwork from a recognized (Education Ministry) language or other college/university for a particular course of study. The cost is about US$ 125 for a single-entry "Ed-Visa" (expedited 1-day service).

The prior information was more he had never done one before and wasn't really sure if he could get one so didn't want to promise over the phone. However, I recently was in PP with a friend and we showed him the school documentation package and after consulting with whoever he works with to get the visas, they thought it would be okay... and in fact, the visa was obtained.

Edited by FarangBuddha