Health Insurance

quepena

I'M a current enrollee of U.S. medicare. I pay $100 a month with a free medicare advantage add on via Kaiser Permanente. I live on the road and return to the states every year or so for a full physical and every 5 years for a colonoscopy.. Total costs for co-pay and airfare amounts to about $2 to $3K a year.

I'm am now considering settling down in SEA and considering self insuring myself and paying out of pocket for the above treatment and any subsequent surgeries that might be mandated by bad test results coming back on prostate, colon cancer etc.

I won't be living in Thailand but will be close enough to avail myself of what I consider to be of good enough quality and fair value medical care to warrant a yearly visit which would be within my yearly travel plans in any case.

Any constuctive advice would be welcomed.

do u know the price for treatment in Thailand's leading private hospitals if u r not a resident, or for a repatriation?

myocardial infarction: figure at least 1 million THB

traffic accident with multiple rib fractures, transferred by air ambulance to Bangkok where a life-threatening partial rupture of the aorta was found and stented: 3 million

cancer: 5-10 million

repatriation in air ambulance or something similar: 100,000 - 200,000 USD